New Hampshire

My 1st attempt....

...at a seating chart = FAIL!

We have some tables of 9, some of only 5!   And with the drama between both of our parents (both are divorced and not the best of circumstances) its constantly no they can't sit with so and so.....oh boy....
April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

Re: My 1st attempt....

• edited December 2011
    I can't say I envy your situation. At all. I wish I had a suggestion, but all I can offer is a "I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Family dramas suck." 

Best of luck, dls. Don't let it stress you out too much!
  • edited December 2011
    oh I know I am going to have such a hard time with that too! I am sure you will figure it all out! You've overcome every other things so far ;)

good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a similiar difficulty. DH's parents could not sit at the same table, so we ended up putting his dad, his brother and SIL, and his dad's side of the family at one table and his mom and his mom's side of the family at another. My parents/grandparents, sister sat at a table in between. It's not going to work out perfectly, so don't stress over it... some people will have to make new friends. What we did was made sure that everyone knew at least 1 other person at their table, then it was fair game.
  • edited December 2011
    I was one of the lucky brides who was so scared about this and it ended up being WAY easier than I thought.

Don't be afraid to have "weird" numbers. I would agree that 5 at a table is a little small but if that is the only way to make it work and make people "comfortable" - so be it.

I do agree with Steffy - people will make new friends and hopefully be up dancing, hitting the bar, and socializing. No one is forced to stay at their table all night. We even had people get up and move to other tables once dinner was served.

Family dynamics make it tough but try not to stress about it too much. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    By nature boys are better at packing a moving truck.  DH was great with the seating chart.  He could just look at it an 'fit' everyone pretty well.  Try seeing if he has better luck (without you peaking)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards