Snarky Brides

Vent and a question...

First the vent, Sat was my SIL's kids birthday. They had a party for her at a resturant and my other SIL and her kids were invited, and a few little friends of the kid. Lily was not invited, we didn't even know about the party until after it was over. I know Lily is a young baby, but I still think she should have been invited if all the other cousins were invited. I don't get it, cause they are a really close family, so it's not like we don't ever see them.And my question... is Kristen pregnant? If so congrats!

Re: Vent and a question...

• maybe they don't think it's appropriate to take babies to restaurants?   I disagree, but I know some people aren't comfortable with it.
  • Why don't you ask them if you were so close? Maybe they thoguht you would want time to enjoy a restaurant without having a baby to care for? Maybe they thought you would assume Lily was invited? You never know.
  • Yes I am. Thanks, Robey.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Sam, I don't think they have a problem with babies in resturants. They always brought theirs out. We did mention it, and she said it was just for her little friends, so we asked why the other SIL's cousins went and she didn't really answer. I think if you ask three kids in the family, and you leave one little one out, it's pretty shityy of you.
  • When are you due?
  • How old is the birthday girl and how old are the other cousins who were invited?
  • March, we have our first appt. with the midwife next week so I'll find out the official due date then.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • She turned eight. The other cousins who went are five, nine, and fourteen.
  • It also pisses_ me off that the birthday girl called after the party looking for her birthday gift. When we brought it down to her, she just took it and went to her room with it, not so much as a thank you.
  • The older kids are able to interact with the birthday girl and have probably been playmates of hers.   It's like a wedding, I suppose, you have to draw a line somewhere or you end up with one of those crazy, catered, open bar kiddie parties.
  • I don't think it's a slight to only invite children in the family who are close to the birthday kid's age.
  • I agree with sam. However, if she was the only cousin not incited, I agree it could be hurtful.
  • I could see that if it was a huge party and family. But there were seven kids at the party, three which were cousins. So, to leave out one I think is rude. I know she is just a baby and doesn't know the diff, but I am just hurt by it. I will get over it, I just wanted to vent.
  • It also pisses_ me off that the birthday girl called after the party looking for her birthday gift. When we brought it down to her, she just took it and went to her room with it, not so much as a thank you. Now that's unacceptable. 
  • Yes, she was the only cousin not invited. I have two sil's in the area, one has one kid (the b-day girl) and the other has three kids, who were all invited.
  • Maybe it was you they didn't want there?
  • I get along very well with all his family.
  • She wasn't not invited b/c they don't like her. She wasn't invited b/c she's too young to participate, cousin or not.  I'd agree with you more they invited the whole family but not you and Eddie.  Your bigger beef should be that you wre asked for a gift for a party you weren't invited and, most importantly, that the rude brat didn't thank you.
  • Well, the in-laws went......and my other SIL.....
  • I know it's her party and she could invite who she wanted. I am just a little hurt over it. I could never have a party and invite all Lily's cousin's and leave one out for any reason. Thats just me.
  • I don't think it was unreasonable for them to not invite her, but like I said I could see how it could be interpreted as hurtful. But, this will help give me more information...did they invite the soccer mom?
  • The calling for the gift is super duper rude.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Yes, of course. It ain't a party, until soccer mom shows up! Speaking of her, she has a HUGE new tattoo that covers her back. She is so cool.
  • Ok, if they invited adult family outside the parents of the children invited, I think you and Eddie should have been invited. But still, your rage should be at the bratty gift behavior.  
  • Speaking of her, she has a HUGE new tattoo that covers her back. She is so cool. Is it a picture of ribsth?
  • I would love to say somthing to the kid, but it's not all her fault. Her mother allows her to behave like it.
  • Yeah, I'm generally a fan of staying out of how people raise their kids, but when she called me for a gift, I don't think I would have been able to refrain from explaining how that is not acceptable behavior.
  • For the record, Robe, I'd be hurt too by not being invited.  And that little brat needs a stern talking to.
    image Mabel the Loser.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards