Snarky Brides

I didn't know I was pregnant

anyone ever watch this?  This girl last night didn't know she was pregnant WITH TWINS! 

Re: I didn't know I was pregnant

• ftnupsftnups member
    First Comment
    I haven't watched this but I have a friend here in Austin who was intimately and unfortunately involved in one of these situations at her office. Woman thought she had indigestion from lunch when in reality she was, um, giving birth.
    image Guess who?
  • two of the episodes last night took pregnancy tests (one in a docs office) and they came back negative!  well....so they say. 
  • I just cannot believe that people are completely unaware. cannot
  • I've seen a few episodes. Seems like the majority of the women were living in major denial, and ignoring all the tell-tale signs of pregnancy.And how you could go 9 months without feeling the baby jabbing you in the ribs is beyond me. No hiccups from baby? NOTHING? I just can't even imagine how it's possible.
  • I have to agree how can you completely no know anything at all.  You have to notice something.  And twins common now.  I hope they were ok.
  • They had a few common twin things happening since they were born at 32 weeks but they showed them now at around 7 and they were great.
  • I saw that one and I have no idea how you don't know. I am getting jabbed and punched left and right. That can't feel normal to someone.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really think most of those people are mentally ill or something. A foot in the diaphragm is not the same as gas pains. That goes for you too, Peggy Olson of Mad Men!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Never having been pregnant myself I don't know what it feels like.  However, I'm pretty sure I would know that there was an elbow jabbing me in the ribs.
  • I could see not knowing for several weeks or even the first trimester if you were irregular, in denial, etc., but an entire pregnancy? Common. I've seen a few episodes and a few of them go all the way through labor and are surprise when they see a baby coming out. I've never experienced labor but I'm going to guess you are pretty sure it's happening.
    imageimage
  • I saw the twins episode last night but didn't watch the one right after it.  The lady with twins had the exucse of having MS.  It's likely her uterus was numb.  That show does kind of make me realize that if you don't think about pregnancy as an option, you could write off some of the symptoms as other things.  And if the baby is riding low and towards the back, you may not realize.  A lot of the people on that show are about 60% ignorant and 40% in denial. I love the doctor lady they show who talks about symptoms of pregnancy.  She looks like she hates being on the show so much.  It's like she's dead inside.  And the actor recreations are always awesome.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • ftnupsftnups member
    First Comment
    The gal at my friend's office was very obese - 350 lbs or so. She didn't gain any weight or not enough that she noticed, and my guess is that her standard daily experience is not of a normal healthy functioning body so pregnancy symptoms probably didn't seem that odd to her.
    image Guess who?
  • KayRIKayRI member
    First Comment
    My best friend used to be a social worker in a hospital setting, specializing in pre-natal care.  She said this happened all the time, but most of the women were overweight and didn't notice weight gain, or had something else funky going on in their lives. Still, I don't see how it's possible.
  • I've been overweight my whole life, I can't imagine not knowing I had a baby in my belly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This has to be deep, deep denial, if they aren't LLPOFs.
  • I still can't imagine "writing off" the movement. These 2 are killing me now and I still have 10 weeks left.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • you really have to be out of touch with your body to not realize anything is up.  is this show mostly muumuu and sweatpants and oversized looney tunes t-shirt people?  that's about the only way you wouldn't go "WOW my pants are getting tight."
  • My SIL didnt know until almost the end of her first trimestser with her first kid. She said she spotted and the tests she took came back negative. She also thought she had just gained some weight.
  • I can't stand that show because they are all just in denial!  It is impossible to go through 9 months of being pregnant and never have a clue that there is a baby growing inside you.  I think the ones who say the pregnancy tests they took came back negative is just the way the show works to keep people believing it.  A girl I went to school with claimed she didn't know she was pregnant until she was in the hospital giving birth.  Her whole entire pregnancy she was out getting drunk practically every night and it just makes me so sad to think that she had to have had an idea she was pregnant but still put her child at risk like that.  When she was at the hospital giving birth, her mom had to go and buy a carseat and all the other baby stuff because she obviously hadn't prepared at all.  It just breaks my heart that people can deny it for 9 months until the baby comes out and then they still claim they had no idea.  Ya right!!
    KelseyTara Proud Army Wife TTC since July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards