Snarky Brides

Pooping on the table....

I was just reading the post below and saw fallin mention pooping on the table while giving birth. Was it someone here who had a major fear of this? I am 99% sure I pooped while pushing.....I think I smelled something, lolzzzz. When you are pushing they put those pad things under you, like the kind you can use to house train puppies. They just take it away, they don't tell you, hey lady you just crapped on the table....

Re: Pooping on the table....

• Probably was me, and guess what, pretty sure I did it too. I kept asking while I was pushing and no one would ever confirm or deny.That's what I get for eating Chipotle for lunch.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I don't know if it's a fear, but I hate the thought of this far more than junk in the pubes.  I'll be requesting an enema before we ge to that stage if that's an option.
  • I remember while pushing I told the nurse I thought I was going to poop, she told me not to worry about it, it happens all the time.  I don't think I actually did though, if I had I'm sure my ex would have let me know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If we are able to do a water birth think of how fun it will be to have poop floaties.
  • Labor was so different for me than what I had thought it would be like. I thought I was be yelling at everyone, but I don't think I said two words the whole time. I was in a zone. Kristen, did you find pushing made all the pain from the contractions just melt away? I had no epi, and waiting to dilate was horrible, but once I pushed, I just felt like I was finally getting somewhere. Then two hours later I had a c-section. If she had not have been breech, I would of poped her right out.
  • KayRIKayRI member
    First Comment
    At our childbirth class the instructor told the husbands/partners not to tell the mom if she poops on the table.
  • Having a scheduled c-section was grand (oh, don't get your panties in a bunch.  It was medically advised to do so).  I meandered into the hospital feeling fine, got hooked up, wheeled in, cut open, all with a big ol' smile on my face.Other than losing copious amounts of blood,  I lost nothing more than was necessary.
  • water birth makes me shudder.
  • I did some of my pushing standing over the toilet with the nurse. I hated pushing while lying down. It felt like I wasn't getting anywhere with it. Standing is much better.
  • My mother reportedly vomited all through labor.  I'm basically expecting to vomit, poop, and tear myself wide open.
  • Thank God I will have a c-section.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Contractions were hell for me, but that's because I was panicking and not doing my breathing. I got well past 6 cm without an epi but Mike and my mom basically insisted I get one when they made the last call offer because I wasn't going to make it otherwise. I was yelling and out of it and making absolutely no sense. I was bearing down when they were giving me the epi, and it did bring relief.  Once it was in, I was fully dialated within less than an hour.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I have to have a c-section next time too because they ripped my uterus in two different places. I was so upset with the c-section. I would rather do the whole labor thing all over again. And the recovery from the c-section sucked.
  • Kristen, I was thinking of Maggie today. Savannah was measuring big with her head:)
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
  • Whoop whoop for big headed babies!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • My sister, SIL and friends recovered quickly from their c-sections.
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
  • Mike and my mom basically insisted I get one when they made the last call offer because I wasn't going to make it otherwise.But you would have b/c really what's the other option?  The baby is coming out.
  • I had a HUGE fear of pooping while delivering.  LOL.  My mom told me stories about how my sister took the LARGEST, STINKIEST pooh on the table, and then how my other sister popped out two little pooh pebbles.  Luckily, I did neither.  Labor was so not what I expected, it definitely wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. 
  • I seem to heal quickly after surgeries, so I didn't think the healing was too bad.  I still sometimes have a tingly/numb sensation around the incision, but that could be mostly psychosomatic.
  • I really think I don't want my H or anyone else who isn't a medical professional in the room until after the baby is born and we're both cleaned up.  He tends to stress out a lot when I'm sick or stressed, and it just ends up making me feel worse.  I'm also just very private and would prefer all the ugly table shitting and whatnot be done without any sort of personal audience.I know this has been discussed here at least once, but I'd like to rehash, since I think at least a few people felt the same way.  On the baby boards when this comes up, people think it's the most horrible thing evAr that a man wouldn't want to see all this/a woman wouldn't want her husband and/or mom in there with her.  As with most things, they make me roll my eyes, but I'd like reassurance that I'm not nuts for wanting to go it more or less alone.
  • In all the videos we have seen and people we have talked to water births are the way to go. The warm water is relaxing for contractions and there is less "friction" when pushing. My concern was sitting in there with stuff floating around but that is not what happens. The baby comes out, they cut the cord and then you can stay in or get out. If you stay in to deliver the placenta then water will get gross. Otherwise if you get out right away it is not bad at all.
  • Vinny, even though kid having is a few years off for me yet, my doctor and I have discussed that I may be advised to have a scheduled c-section too. I'd like to hear about your experience sometime. It's so hard to get good info from the internet, since no one wants to make it sound like "Holy crap, planned c-sections are great!". When you plan it do they just set a date for you? How was the whole process, and how was recovery? Were people huge assholes to you about it being planned? Maybe I should start a new thread.
  • They were worried about my ability to make it mentally. And frankly, I think it was just as much for their sanity. I guess I was freaking them out, man.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Jens - my SIL had a planned c/s with her 4th due to being high risk and having had a c/s with my nephew only 2 years earlier. She found it so much better than having the emergency c/s with my nephew. She was able to mentally prepare for it.
  • Rosenjoe, that's totally your prerogative. Neither of us wanted Mike to be catching the baby or any of that, he didn't even want to cut the cord. He stayed up by my head and took turns holding my leg, but didn't get the full show and was perfectly happy. I can't imagine not having him there for support and for those first moments after she was born he was right there with her, it was special.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • JNJ...waterbirths remind me of that public blog that was floating around where the chick hung out in the bloody, chunky water afterword.  It was the sickest shiite I've ever seen. anyone remember that?
  • I'm with Kristin, in that I wouldn't want Heith down looking at all of the technical business, catching or cutting anything, but I'd like him there, preferably up by my head. J&J, that's exactly why me and my doc have discussed it. My family on both sides has a history (for several different reasons) of emergency c-sections. That coupled with my anxiety disorder is bad news bears. So my doc said she thinks it would probably be the safest option, physically and mentally, to have one planned. I don't have to decide for quite a while still, but I think about it a lot.
  • JNJ, what happens with a home birth if you need a emergency C-section?
  • *shudder*Thanks a lot, Expee.  All the therapy I had trying to repress those images has just been thrown out the window.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Jens, as long as you have time to prepare for it, I think it would be the best bet for you. If you go into labor and end up hours later getting one, it's very disappointing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards