Snarky Brides

Flat Iron Recommendations!

I know, I know, Chi is god, but I'd like to avoid spending $150 if I can. So. Does anyone have any other recommendations?My hair is thin and fine and prone to old lady flyaways, just to review. It doesn't need to be straightened, just smoothed.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations!

• You can get chi's for 75ish on Amazon.
  • stupid unnecessary apostrophe
  • Maybe just go to the salon and get a recommendation on a good salon smoothing serum.  My stylist uses a Paul Mitchell one with a green pumper (sorry I don't have more info then that) but it smells so good!  It's like $16/bottle.
  • Oh, and along what PP said - You can get Chi's at Kroger Marketplaces for a cheaper price too. 
  • I was wondering this myself, since I just lopped off a foot of hair. Now curly is out of the question. The woman who completed the massacre told me anything ceramic, but that is too vague for me.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I got my babyliss pro at a salon on sale for 60 bucks, probably almost 4 years ago now, and it still works great. Plus it has a dial that gives you a wide range of heat settings, so you can tart out low, and go higher if you need more power, to find the right heat for your hair.
  • [img]http://tinyurl.com/mj8rjm[/img]I have this one.  It was under $30 and I like it a lot.  I have a carp ton of hair and it only takes me 10 minutes to straighten.  I had a chi but it took a good 30 minutes to straighten, I don't notice a difference between the two, so I opted to use the Revlon one.   And it is ceramic. 
  • the stuff stackeye is talking about is called Paul Mitchell Super Skinny. I use it to control flyaways and love it.
  • Last year I asked the same thing Moo and TSD and someone else highly recommended the HAI ceramic flatiron. It is AWESOME. I have fly-away prone hair myself that looks like a bad 80's perm (or for you youngins' mickey rourke's hair in the wrestler). I might have bought it from Amazon or maybe folica.com.
  • i have a Solia, and i think it's every bit as good as a CHI. http://www.folica.com/Solia_Tourmalin_d1691.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards