Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Getting Ordained

Brad and I are having a mutual friend get ordained in order to marry us. I have looked online, but getting a little overwhelmed because I don't know which is a credible site and this is something that I really don't want to mess up on. So, I was wondering if anyone had done this or knew of someone who did this and could give me recommendations on which site or source to use to get her ordained.

Re: Getting Ordained

• edited December 2011

I'd call the county clerk, personally. I know that in some states (not sure about TX) they offer a one day only commissioner pass to allow someone to perform a marriage.

Clever girl.

• edited December 2011
    I have a friend whose mother got ordained to marry them. (A little strange, I admit). But, I can ask her how they went about doing it.
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NMAC, I would really appreciate it. I just don't want to pick the wrong place and end up not really being married!
  • edited December 2011
    I was ordained through this website: http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=ordination

And the state of Texas recognized the marriage.
  • edited December 2011
    My husband found an online church that will ordain anyone for free - Universal Life Church.  (He's weird like that - he finds it amusing to be ordained just for the heck of it.)  He was telling me that he has to pay $5 to get a card in the mail for verification of the ordination, which is what he would need to take to the county to get one of those one-day county authorizations.  (He said depending on the county, you may need a letter of good standing from the church, which in that church's case costs like $25.)  He's not entirely sure... you may want to check with the county clerk first to find out about requirements/procedure, and based on that you could check out ULC.
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies so much! This is a great starting point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards