Snarky Brides

Re: Creepy C&P

• Holy crap.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• yikes
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Granted I don't know what it's like to have a stalker, but one call once a year seems more annoying than a cause for a full on freak out.  I mean if he was prone to do her harm, it seems like he would have gotten around to it by now.  I notice that she doesn't address whether she's changed her number and in response to the suggestion to block him, responds "you just can't hide."  Maybe not, but there's a lot you can do--new numbers and email, and, I don't know, not having your and your kid's picture and her name online.
  • I'm confused to how he found out where she worked based on that email hacking thing.  But I would be scared about the "he looks like you" comment the most.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• That's creeepy but my first reaction is that there has to be someway to get a number where he can't find her. Number in her husbands name, someone else's name, etc.  Maybe I am naive to the ways of a stalker but she must be able to somehow go anonymous.
    imageimage
  • Yeah, not to downplay how freaky it must be to have someone stalk you for 15 years, I guess I'm not getting why she's surprised he called her on her birthday since he's done it every year for the last 15 years.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • It's creepy and sucks and all, but if I had a stalker, I sure as hell wouldn't have an accessable facebook, or be posting any pictures of myself or my child on a public message board.
  • Number in her husbands name, someone else's name, etc. Maybe I am naive to the ways of a stalker but she must be able to somehow go anonymous. Yep.  Unpublished. No land line. 
  • To play devil's advocate, I would be nervous even after all this time and the seemingly harmless "only a phone call" because how do you know when a psycho will snap and you're buried in the backyard or chopped up in a freezer?
  • also, why should she HAVE to be anonymous? that's not fair. No published phone #, no board activity, etc. just because one guy can't respect boundries doesn't seem fair. I know, I know . . . life isn't fair and if she's REALLY that freaked out, she should take some steps. But maybe she's just venting and crepped out about these phone calls/emails and realizes that nothing but her being annoyed once per year is going to come of it.
  • I agree, Tasty.  I don't think she should hide in a cave until this guy finally kicks the bucket. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Agreed Fallin.Our kids are about the same age, so I have been lurking on the same boards that this girl has posted on for quite some time.A person that is being stalked and is scared for her safety does not post pictures of herself, her husband, and her child on a public access internet chat board.  I know a fair amount of information about this lady and I don't even give a s* hit.I sympathize that this must be a very frightening situation.  I just think there has to be a medium between total seclusion and balls out, public display of information.
  • Man, that's creepy. But I agree if I knew someone was stalking me for that long, I wouldn't put a lot of info or pictures out there. I'm confused to how he found out where she worked based on that email hacking thingNQB-The hacking spam message came to both her personal and work email addresses. She doesn't know how he found out, the spam just made her realize he knew because it meant he had her work email stored in his address book.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Is it really that hard to make your photos for "friends only" and have cell phone numbers that aren't listed? I agree you shouldn't live in fear, but common, take some very basic precautions if you're being stalked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards