Snarky Brides
Options

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    My weekend was good.  On Friday, I hung out with Mouse and PG and some other Portland friends.  We ate yummy food and Mouse let me rub either her baby or her pancreas.Saturday I got up at the buttcrack of dawn (9:30) and had a massage and facial.  Then I got edumicated on how Facebook works.  And then I went shopping at Marshalls and TJ Maxx in the fruitless effort to find replacement capris.I had to squeeze two days worth of lazing around in on Sunday, so I mostly hung out on the couch watching HGTV.  Then I went to the store and bought shrimp for the very first time because it was such a good deal.  I've never cooked shrimp before.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    I got only 1 of 3 wedding projects done, but at least it was the most annoying one (addressing and mailing invitations).  Saturday for dinner we had grilled porterhouse, baked potatoes, peas, and some beer we picked out on a whim at Dean & Deluca.  The whole meal was delicious.  The homemade grape sorbet was a bust, though.Yesterday when I got back to NY I decided to order and eat a giant serving of buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese.  I'm paying the price this morning.
  • Options
    I will be at a family reunion. Keep missing eachother.
  • Options
    Bummer, well I'll let you know next time I venture your way
  • Options
    The surgery itself really wasn't that bad, except for getting up to pee in the middle of the night the night after. I went to sit up and my abdominal muscles didn't work at all and I freaked out. When are you having it out? I actually paged you about it while you were gone, but lots of other people here were very helpful and assuaged my fears.  I'm actually looking forward to it.I'm meeting with the surgeon to schedule it on Wednesday, but hopefully sooner rather than later.  I feel like shiit most of the time lately.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    HT -- how much longer until you move?
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely sooner. If I hadn't been pregnant and they could have taken the gall bladder out as soon as they realized what was wrong I wouldn't have had the issues with pancreatitis, which is what I was actually sick with for so long.

• Options
    Cali--I move on August 29th.Forgot to mention:  I'm now in the Kindle Klub!  I immediately became indecisive about what book to get, so I went for something mentioned here.  I read American Wife on my train rides this weekend and am a quarter of the way through Prep.
  • Options
    I went to a wedding on Saturday, it was on the cliffs. I worked on Sunday and then went to the pool with friends. Fun was had all around, especially when the guy I had been seeing when I met my H was at the pool. He came and talked to me, it was awkward. Then he talked to my H, that was even more awkward. H was annoyed that he shook his hand with a limp grip. My H is weird, he thinks guys that have limp handshakes are disrespectful.
    Effing crazy people.
  • Options
    monj, i am so glad you are here today. you just made my day.
  • Options
    [i]My H is weird, he thinks guys that have limp handshakes are disrespectful.[/i] I hate limp handshakes.
  • Options
    disrespectful? how? wimpy, yes, but I've never felt disrespected by a handshake.
  • Options
    I've never felt disrespected, but I do judge.
  • Options
    I'm in the hate/judge camp but agree that "disrepectful" isn't the right word.
  • Options
    I thought it was weird he thought that too. I think he was just looking for something to dislike about the guy.
    Effing crazy people.
  • Options
    Winged I am glad I made your day. Sorry you have to be back in the boring states.
    Effing crazy people.
  • Options
    Mine was pretty awesome. Friday I spontaneously joined a friend to drive down to Hartford so he could pick up some riding gear and we went to the best burger place in the world. Then when we got back, I headed over to Boston Beer Works to meet some other friends and hang out for awhile. Then I went to 90s.Saturday was mostly lazing around watching TV.Yesterday I went to the craft market in the south end for awhile, then wandered the city for four hours just ducking into neat looking shops, taking detours up side streets, and walking through little parks. It was a lot of fun.Then my night sucked because of ex-friend drama that made me sad and baseball was been gut wrenchingly terrible so I went to bed sad and pissed off. But today I feel better so I will call it, all in all, an excellent weekend.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Options
    After I worked so hard to cheer you up Moo.  Ugh. Sarah Beth - your excitement for your babubles has made my day.  Thanks for sharing that!
  • Options
    Awesome weekend! Dan was out of town so I got some much-needed me time.Happy hour with the girls on Friday -- Mouse looks so adorable all ready to burst. Then I watched shark week and talked to Christin on the phone.Saturday I went shopping for puppy stuff at Ross and TJ Maxx and went to a friend's house for dinner, then came home and watched girly movies.Yesterday I worked a little while, then Dan came home and we went to visit Sookie the Puppy. I loaf her. Puppy loaf.. [img]http://www.pbase.com/adriainpdx/image/115930302/medium.jpg[/img] .Then we came home and watched True Blood. Mmm, I'm still on Team Eric. It's interesting how they've changed Bill's character from the books.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Options
    Mmm yes, loved Eric in last night's episode. 
  • Options
    And it worked, Bugle! Baseball was just THAT much of a shitshow. :( But I think your cheering up was longer lasting than my madsadbad mood because I woke up in a good mood!

• Options
    OH YEAH!!! I forgot the best PART of my weekend! I talked to Fent AND Christin on the phone! It was a magical experience.

• Options
    Nope, no assery! You're good phone company!
  • Options
    Saturday was our friends' one year old's birthday party. Yesterday we went to the farmer's market, out for lunch, and then I lay in a hammock read and drank margaritas for 5 hours.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Options
    I bet I talked to Christin the most.  She loves me best, you know.  But I did not enjoy being the one to explain to her that Fenton shows her vagina to everyone.
  • Options
    Sookie is slaying me with her cuteness.
  • Options
    Sookie is so sleepy! I love her wee teeth. So cute.Gah, I need to watch last night's ep.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for Bill to become the weiner he is in the books.It's like the opposite of what they did to Harry's character in the end of HBP.
  • Options
    My Weekend by jbloomFriday night I worked, then went home to sleep.  I woke up early Saturday to drive to Phoenix, which went pretty well until a cop pulled me over as I was 5/6 of the way there.  He pulled me over because I forgot to put my new registration sticker on my car....in January.  Luckily i had it with me so I only got a warning thingie, but sitting on the side of the road for 15 minutes apparently was too much for my AC and I spent the next 90 minutes sweating through my shirt and cursing the sun.  Then I went out to dinner with my very good friend, where we ate waaaay too much and drank a bottle of bubbly.  My stomach actually did that cartoon motion of expanding over my waistline.  I kept waiting for the button to fly off.  Then we were old biddies and went home and to sleep before midnight.Sunday was awoken by friend's cat, drove home, went to dinner at a Japansese BBQ place (grill your own food at the table, yum), watched a movie then feel alseep very very happy to be home.  I am off today so I caught up on weeks of early mornings and slept in til 10.Walla.  My weekend.
  • Options
    PUPPPPYYY!!!The only handshake I consider disrespectful is the one where someone offers me their hand and then yanks it away. Too slow.
    image Ready to rumble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards