Snarky Brides

California Fires

I can't imagine how bad the air must be further west.  We can't even see the mountains from Denver.Noisy, Bloom, Mod (anybody else I am missing in CA), how is the air there?  Can you breathe?

Re: California Fires

• There's nothing really happening in San Diego County this time, so we can't see anything. The huge fire is up near LA, so I'd guess Bloomie will have more to report. There's pretty much no wind or humidity right now though, and I think the news said this morning that it was doubling in size every day. Eep.

• Don't worry, you have that giant Category 5 heading your way! [:|]
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I hope she doesn't mind me sharing, but one of my friends took this picture from her front porch on Friday:[img]<a href="http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QPV1gxmtKAc/SpgKhX7f18I/AAAAAAAABAk/f90NSOKVQjY/s400/IMG_5314.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QPV1gxmtKAc/SpgKhX7f18I/AAAAAAAABAk/f90NSOKVQjY/s400/IMG_5314.jpg</a>[/img]
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Holy crap that is terrifying Cali!
  • I live in a bubble and had blue sky all around my house until today.  Now that the Yuccipa fire is getting bigger, It's getting pretty grey.  
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • A friend of mine in Nevada said he could smell the smoke there.
  • We had a small one in Phoenix last year that was about 30 miles away. The sunsets were beautiful, but man, it was weird. There was ash all over our cars and the smell was so strong. And it was TINY compared to the ones in CA.That picture is horrifying.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • If I could take a picture like that from my front porch, I would be taking it just before loading up the car and driving away. 
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • The sunset and sunrise yesterday and today have been really cool here...and we are 1,000 miles away.  Crazy!
  • Fires freak me the foff out.
  • Fire season is one thing I don't miss about living in San Diego.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Yeah, I think I'm the type who would evacuate long before they told me to. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Yeah, the gal that took that picture lives in Altadena (Cali's friend is my friend too), where I think it's just about the worst it can get right now. Apparently all the neighborhoods around her have been evacuated already.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards