Snarky Brides

Fall of the sex pots

I don't know why they make badges on GP anymore. it all goes down in a blaze of glory.Summary, regs made fun of newbs for making a badge. newbs called out how lame the sex pots badge was, one reg agreed and they all followed suit and apparently are DDing the badges.http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/3/21847738/ShowThread.aspx

Re: Fall of the sex pots

• The lameness abounds.
  • That level of redonk should be painful.
  • seriously, some of them act so stupid, i almost wonder if the reason they are not pregnant is becuase they don't realize that the penis goes into the vagina.
  • [i]seriously, some of them act so stupid, i almost wonder if the reason they are not pregnant is becuase they don't realize that the penis goes into the vagina. [/i] I bet some of them understand that part. They are just so bad at it that the necessary baby making stuff never comes out.
  • I bet the reason a lot of them haven't gotten pregnant is because someone on the internet didn't tell them to do it.  It seems like they can only have an opinion or do something if someone else says to.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • what up.also, did you guys catch this:http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/21820865.aspx..apparently she thinks we make fun of sad stuff?  no.  we make fun of fuucking ridiculous stuff like "I only sucky sucky when my H's SIL is here but it's slippery in my pants and I need him to do me so I can get his seed" stuff.  I know she has no sense of humor, but can she really not see the difference?
  • OMG. I just lost 30 IQ points reading that. Foff me, I needed those.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • oh, poor lyse. that is too bad.
  • Why would we find arm bones in her post?
  • hee, you have a few extra to spare, PG. : )also, I think I might just go post over there regularly.  they have the stupid drama shiit we used to have that really keeps things, oh, I don't know . . . interesting.
  • oh Calie.  I had to go read again and then I choked.  you have been one funny lady lately.
  • yes, it would be fun for all of us who are TTC to come over to the board en masse, just for fun.
  • I do feel bad for her. This will serve as yet another example of why I will not be telling people until I have seen a doctor.
  • I find it neither funny nor sad--just a product of being obsessed with your reproductivity (and I say that as someone who charts) and being willing to broadcast the news ASAP.
  • And also a reason not to test early.How long do you guys think you could sustain a run on GP?  There is so much stupid over there, you might OD.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • I do find it sad, as it's something she and her H want very badly.  but this is also why I was like "is it bad to just wait 3 months before calling my doctor?" not because I want to deny my future fetus medical care, but damn.  that sort of thing seems to happen too frequently and I just want to make sure it's for "real."
  • I find it neither funny nor sad--just a product of being obsessed with your reproductivity (and I say that as someone who charts) and being willing to broadcast the news ASAP. Yeah, when I read that yesterday, I felt really bad for her, but would she even know if she wasn't charting and testing early?  It would suck to be so excited, get all the congratulations, and then find out it's a chemical pregnancy, but I can't help but think you could save yourself the heartache by relaxing a little bit about it.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • [i]It would suck to be so excited, get all the congratulations, and then find out it's a chemical pregnancy, but I can't help but think you could save yourself the heartache by relaxing a little bit about it. [/i] In her defense, it is hard to be relaxed when you are charting and wanting to be pregnant. The two weeks of waiting sucks. That being said, it's dumb dumb dumb dumb to announce a positive before the pee has even had time to dry on the stick. There are just way too many variables.
  • Tasty, not to get all serious, but keep in mind there's some sample bias at play here.  CPs, MC, 2nd tri MC all get a lot of airtime on the bump, but that's because you have reproductive obsession (big ol' THIS to Fallin), you have people who need a place to talk about it, who advertise it in their sigs, etc.  Sure, bad things happen, but I don't think they happen nearly as frequently as the Bump makes you think.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • In her defense, it is hard to be relaxed when you are charting and wanting to be pregnant. The two weeks of waiting sucks.I know, and I really do feel bad for her.  I just hope I can be relaxed about it, and wait to test until it's really time when we start trying.Lindsay, I suspect chemical pregnancies are not all that uncommon, I just think people who aren't charting don't even realize they happen a lot of the time (this is based on no actual knowledge).  But I do think you're right.  The bump makes it seem like m/c, etc. are so, so common.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • STOCKERS!!!
  • There's definitely some sample bias going on, but when we were TTC I tested early a few times, and got a big fat negative.  I was honestly and truly late and a sobbing emotional mess about absolutely nothing before I decided those tests HAD to be wrong and tested again.  My point here is that even a mild obsession with it and testing early doesn't mean you'll know about a chemical pregnancy that you wouldn't have otherwise sometimes.  My experience was that tests didn't show positive until my period was late and I would have known something was up even if we weren't TTC.
  • It irritates me that she mentions SB as if we've all been mocking her wanting to get pregnant, as if we'd take joy in her having a chemical pregnancy. I get that she's upset, but everyone here has only wished her good things in her quest to get pregnant. I didn't realize that getting made fun of for saying stupid crap meant that you got to act like the ultimate martyr when something (moderately) sad happened to you.
  • The OP in that thread. Um.Oh.
  • I get testing before missing a period. I mean, I wasn't even trying to get pregnant and I had a CP. I was just having all these weird symptoms that made me take the test. Is it the worst thing ever that I don't feel bad for her? I'm not happy or amused or anything. I just don't care. I don't really like Lyse and I could give two craps what happens with her. I was going to say I felt bad for her...but I just don't care.
  • I get testing a little early. but for crap's sake, take it with a grain of salt. there are REASONS that you wait until your missed period. I think it's amazing she did the big dumb, "look, it's daddy's little NASCAR driver", and telling both sets of parents, and her friends...that was all just so dumb.
  • Is it the worst thing ever that I don't feel bad for her? I'm not happy or amused or anything. I just don't care. I don't really like Lyse and I could give two craps what happens with her. I was going to say I felt bad for her...but I just don't care. If it is, we can share the "just don't care" loveseat.  Cozy.
  • Is there room on that loveseat for me?  I promise not to get an CM on it.
  • There's always room for Cali.
  • It is a shame that we can't be trusted to be upstanding citizens like Lyse who would never mock something like, say, Bloomie's divorce.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards