Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

DJ

Did not find this DJ in the vendor / weebly post.

Has anyone used David Allen or heard anything about him.  On his website, he sounds good, but I need some reviews other than his references.

In the meantime if you have anyone you'd reccommend that makes the party but keeps the spotlight of him, please do tell! (The good, the bad & the ugly)
I'd appreciate price ranges to go with those reviews too!  ;)

Thank you

Re: DJ

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

#1 - My DJ, Glenn Roush (for a Saturday wedding, he was $1500 in 2009)

#2 - LeForce Entertainment -- this is Glenn's new company.  You don't get Glenn for this lower priced company but anything Glenn is involved in I would highly recommend.

#3 - Melodie & Memories -- VERY popular on this board and pricing is comparable to LeForce I believe.

ETA:  I highly recommend that for a DJ you go with a recommendaton from this board, preferably by a bride that has had their wedding and has actually used the DJ they are recommending.

• edited December 2011
    We are using LeForce.  We met with both Glenn and Jeff and loved both of them.  Glenn would be amazing, he is just booked on our date.  For us to save money AND get a DJ that Glenn vouches for is awesome :)

I know several other girls using LeForce who are using Jeff or Cratin.

Also, JaBel is really great.  I talked with him on the phone a couple of times and enjoyed him.  He just booked up on us before I made a choice.  I know his assistant was awesome at MLandCJs wedding though :P
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melody & Memories all the way... the most bang for your buck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had read somewhere that Melody was under 750, that is a good deal!!!
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check wedding wire for reviews. 
    Thats where I go if a vendor isn't on the sticky.
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using JaBel...we're very happy with them so far! They have a great lighting and effects package that my fiance loved.

• edited December 2011
    I used Blair with party all the time productions and he was amazing.  Got a great deal on DJ + uplighting and pinspotting for our reception.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dj-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:035e0f11-3d20-4762-8ccb-27feeddc375ePost:5bd6cf6f-5dc1-4097-879d-692f91b50fb0">Re: DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using JaBel...we're very happy with them so far! They have a great lighting and effects package that my fiance loved.
    Posted by 1fwdarlin[/QUOTE]

I second Jabel! I used them for my wedding almost a month ago. I loved them. Very affordable IMO. Check out my review of them in my bio.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Scott from Dazzle Entertainment did a great job for us. http://dazzleent.com/
  • edited December 2011
    What is your budget? We used Figment DJ - Doug Olvey & his wife Laura and were pleased with him for the price - $500.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How much was Blair, if you dont mind me asking? I am still looking for a Dj- and love recomendations on here
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Not sure about budget yet.

What questions did you ask your DJ when interviewing them or wished you had asked?

Appreciate all the help.

• edited December 2011
    I think we're going to go with LeForce.  Thanks for all your imput!
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards