Snarky Brides
Options

Can we discuss the Roman Polanski case?

Re: Can we discuss the Roman Polanski case?

• Options
    I don't know the answer to this, but has it cost LA must so far?  The Swiss arrested him, and LA hasn't yet extradited.  It will cost them to bring him here and try him, but up to now, I'm thinking they haven't spent too much.
  • Options
    Airfare alone to Switzerland to argue that he should be extradited won't be cheap.
  • Options
    No big surprise there; I figured this was the case.Hey, in case you didn't read the thread, I fought that urge and actually agree with you here.  It was tough but I did it.I also have the urge to call you a racist so I can hear you're "I have black friends"-esque defense again.  And just to be clear, I never called you a racist the other day.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    I could care less for the disinction either.  I'm not a Whoopi fan by an means, but she was just trying to set the record straight and not say anything that wasn't truthful.  He was never convicted of rape so to say on national TV that he was a rapist can definitely cause some backlash.  I feel that he should pay for it, but not on the american's tax dollars.  He fled he should pay and serves some sort of sentence.  Her mother is actually the one that set this all up.  She contracted him to take pictures of her daughter and If I remember correctly she actually took her to Jack Nicholsons house.  She gave him permission to have sex with her daughter.  Not that it makes it right, but she should of served some time for this as well.
  • Options
    He was never convicted of rape so to say on national TV that he was a rapist can definitely cause some backlash. This is true and it's against AP principles to say he did it without saying it's alleged.  I doubt Whoopi follows AP all the time though.Also, I swear I know the difference between your and you're.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    Confession: I like when SB gets saucy.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Options
    I know you didn't.  In fact I know no one did.  But the simple fact that I I felt the need to explain that I'm not was germane to the discussion--the fact that anyone who disagrees with Obama's policies automatically feels like they need to defend themselves against the conception that they might be racists.I also realize you aren't disagreeing with me here.  I just don't understand the knee-jerk reaction that two people who generally disagree must always be on polar opposite sides of of every issue.  For example, Fallin and I often disagree on political issues, but agree on many ethical/religious ones.
  • Options
    I feel that he should pay for it, but not on the american's tax dollars. He fled he should pay and serves some sort of sentence.In general, I believe extradition costs are passed on to the defendant if he's found guilty.  Since Polanski plead guilty, I'd assume he'd be charged with the expense.  The prosecutor's office lays the money out, but the court should pass it on to him.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's not because you're a Repub or you don't like Obama that I want to disagree with you.  Believe it or not, I know and like more than a few Republicans, here and in real life.  It's the way you debate.And I'll say it again.  As much as youre tired of having to defend yourself as not a racist because you're not an Obama supporter?  I'm just that tired of not being able to call out racist behavior from fundy neo-cons without hearing, "we're not all racist" from every Republican in earshot.  As much as I love political debate, I have never heard a liberal say "All Republicans (or even just "Republicans") are racist."

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    Fact:  I did that "Graph your FB" thingy and it said 100% of my FB friends are Democrats.Fact:  Not 100% of my FB are Democrats.Theory:  My Republican FB are ashamed to admit they are Republicans.  Maybe b/c they know they are all racist.  
  • Options
    Well if they are ashamed to admit they are Republican, how do you know they're Republican? I mean, how bad could they be if they earned a Facebook friendship with you! I don't have my political affiliation on FB, but other than a handful of dog rescue people I don't think there's anyone (from high school on up) who isn't quite familiar with my political beliefs.Wait, where did this turn of topic come from?
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    It came from the Capt./SB convo about politics.  I don't really think they are ashamed.  I just thought it was weird that I got 100%.  I told me friend Scott to put in his affiiation so he can be my token Republican friend.
  • Options
    Fitty, I just think people are less likely to put that they're Republicans on facebook.We were talking about the census worker's death the other day and it turned into an argument over whether the birther movement has racist motivations, among other things.  I think CS and I are now mortal enemies because of it.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    Fact: I did that "Graph your FB" thingy and it said 100% of my FB friends are Democrats.Fact: Not 100% of my FB are Democrats.me tooAnd I checked bios and several of my friends have Republican noted.
  • Options
    I know, I felt bad after seeing all my liberal friends with such low Republican friend scores. They could have used my help to demonstrate their diversity and I totally let them down.I am 80/20 Dem to Rep. I have been severely outnumbered my whole life.
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    Oh. I think what the birther movement has is stupid lunatic motivations.
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    I like to think Republicans are just unaware of this crazy thing called the interwebz.
  • Options
    I can't even believe that it has a name--birther movement, oh dear me.
  • Options
    [i]Yeah, it's not because you're a Repub or you don't like Obama that I want to disagree with you. Believe it or not, I know and like more than a few Republicans, here and in real life.[/i]Is this the new "I have black friends, so I'm not a racist"?
  • Options
    Fitty, my friends are 30% dem, 70% rep.  We obviously should switch friends so we'll be at peace.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    No way man! I love all my lefty friends and it keeps me honest and on my toes. :)
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    My problem is that I get fiscal/small govt. Republicans.  Most of my friends are social Republicans in addition, and that makes me punchy.  
  • Options
    My problem is that I get fiscal/small govt. Republicans. Most of my friends are social Republicans in addition, and that makes me punchy.Me too.  I went on a defriending spree after the Tiller murder thanks to some obnoxious comments.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    I don't have my political party listed on my FB page, just because I don't feel like it. All of DC friends know what I am, and if anyone asks I am happy to tell them, but I try to stay away from political discussions on FB. It is my daily job discussing policy and positions and I would rather not have to be part of it 24/7. My chart would be probably 55/45 Dem to Rep because my lefty canadian friends would skew the results. I am a fiscal small gov't gop member, my current job has me working with the far left (it kills me sometimes) and with the right wing nuts. I do it because I need to get public policy moving. The birthers are nuts. No respected member of congress supports them. The man was born in hawaii and was elected as President. Deal with it freaks.
  • Options
    I watch the View everyday and Whoopi does follow the guidelines. That's her actual "position" there- the "moderator". That was Meredith's job, then went to Rosie, then Whoopi. I watched that day and she was just making sure the language of what they were saying was legal. I don't fault her at all. She didn't say that was her opinion, she just said what can and can't be said. And she cleared that up again today. She said it was NOT her opinion, just the language.
  • Options
    TSD, E is getting so big! I love the new family pic
  • Options
    I'm also loving the new family pic TSD. E is taking expression lessons from Will I see.
  • Options
    Thanks. We're all wearing t-shirts from the "Jewish Zodiac" from www.jewzo.com E is really Year of the Pickle, not Bagel, but they don't make Pickle onesies in his size. I am Year of the Schmear and B is Year of Chopped Liver.
  • Options
    Fenton, I agree.  He has been evading the legal system for 30 years and mocking those who have tried to come after him.  I also hope they take all the money he made while on the lam and give it to the victim.
  • Options
    I watched that day and she was just making sure the language of what they were saying was legal.So "rape-rape" must be some new legal term I'm not familiar with.That's too bad she's not capable of forming a sentence such as "he was not actually convicted of rape, he pled guilty via a deal to a lesser charge that I can't think of right this moment."
    image Guess who?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards