Snarky Brides

Ressypee Help - Arugula

Anyone have any good, fairly fast vegetarian recipes with arugula that don't involve pasta? The internets are failing me at the moment.

Re: Ressypee Help - Arugula

• Arugula salad. Grilled Bosc pears, walnuts, goat cheese and with a light dressing.Every time I saw arugula in my head I think of Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven.    
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I ate a pizza in London once that had arugula all over it. On top of the cheese, not under it - it was kind of like a salad on top of my pizza. It tasted nutty and good. Unfortunately, no recipe.Also, in England, they call arugula "rockets".

• I made arugula and pancetta pizza once.  Just make a cheese and pancetta pizza like you normally would, then put the arugula on at the end and put it under the broiler just long enough to wilt it.  It's super good.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Hmmm, both good ideas. NP - any chance that was at Pizza Express? I once ordered an arugula and eggplant pizza there. It was uber tasty.Also, the eggplant is called "aubergine" in the England.  
  • Alas, SB, we do not do the pancetta. Mr Newt and I don't eat the meat. I'm sure sundried tomatoes would add the necessary saltiness though.
  • Wait, vegetarians don't eat bacon and pancetta?  That's dehumanizing! Glossed over that, sorry.  I think it would be awesome with sundried tomatoes or sliced tomatoes and mozz.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • It was! And that's what I had!

• they call it rocket in amsterdam too!
  • Angie! "It's a veg-e-ta-ble." I love that movie.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Ehh, she's not my type. I like 'em... I dunno, kinda dirty or something.fanstHeh. I love it as well. You have fantastic taste in entertainment.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. Alas, Mr Newt vetoed pizza and came up with some black bean-egg-arugula breakfast taco concoction that ended up working out quite well. Bet the pizza or salad would have been better, though.
  • I put artichoke on arugula and grate some parm on top, a little black pepper and yumI think hearts of palm also go welll but some people don't eat those.  no clue why though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards