Snarky Brides

What would you do...

So, I was really good friends with this girl for a couple of years. She was one of my BMs, we were really close. She moved to AB, but we remained close and hung out when she would visit. So, she moved back here the same weekend I had the baby. She kept saying she was going to visit, but never did. She has still not come to see me since she was home. So, she invited me via facebook to her "birthday bash". Would you go? Would you say something about her being a crappy friend?

Re: What would you do...

• I would tell her that I know what she done.
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Depends, do you want her in your life or not? If you do, go and maybe rekindle that friendship a little night out from the babe might not hurt you either.
  • Have you visited her? Have you called her? Have you invited her over for a specific date/time and she didn't show? What makes her a crappy friend exactly?
  • did you ever actually invite her to come over on a specific day?  sometimes I think people throw out the "I'm going to come and visit you" waiting for an actual invite instead of just inviting themselves over on a specific day.
  • I am riding in tasty's white limousine.  She probably wants you to schedule her visit so she doesn't impose on you while you're dealing with the baby.
  • I did ask her. I was just out of the hospital after having a c-section. I could not get around on my own for a good few weeks. She kept putting it off. So, I kind of took it as a hint. If one of my friends had a baby, I would go see them. I would not expect them to have to pack up a newborn and come see me. I just find it weird that she would expect me to come to her party if she has been on the missing list for so long.
  • If that's the case, I would go to her bash and steal the show with your chicken wing dance.
  • What woooouuuld you do if my heart was torn in two?More than words to show you feel that your love for me is realWhat would you say if I took those words away?Then you couldn't make things newJust by saying I love youuuuu ...

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • It's the cross face chicken wing. And it's a fight move, not a dance move.
  • I really hate it when people who have babies suddenly judge thier friends by how much interest they show in the baby.  The world does not suddenly revolve around you when you have a kid.
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • I think with a few tweaks you could make it a fight/dance hybrid, like Capoeira.
  • Yeah, whatever. She was a close friend. I don't expect her to visit me every week. She didn't come by ONCE. She kept saying how she was going to, but always put it off.
  • Ribths, she probably only invited you because you are on FB and she thought she'd include you.  Go or don't go.  I'm sure she doesn't really care all that much if you guys haven't spoken in a while.  If you go, it's not the time to have the crappy friend discussion.  It's a party.
  • Maybe she was busy?
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • I'm standing up through the sunroof of the limo. And why are people so hung up about being visted after having a kid? I know myself pretty well, well enough to say that I wouldn't want a revolving door of people coming in and out of my house, esp with a new baby with a nugget of an immune system.
  • The baby is almost eight months old. I think any decent friend would of came by within that eight months.
  • Mo, I'm with you on not understanding why people are so hung up on you seeing their kid.  maybe this is one of THOSE THINGS, but CM is always "oh, it's been two weeks, you need to come see Car."  look.  we weren't visiting with each other that often before you were with child, why start now?  especially when said child isn't even 6 months and especially when I haven't held him in two visits since you've been doing your weirdomommabear routine?
  • I don't expect her to vist weekly or even monthly. But, I do think to keep saying your going to vist and put it off for eight months is crappy.
  • No joke, my sister has actaully uttered the phrases "no, I don't want to invite so and so, because they have not shown enough interest in my baby."  and "how certain family members are involved in my baby's life will depend on how much interest they show in him."Lanie face?
  • If she hasn't visited you in 8 months whether you have a baby or not she probably doesn't consider herself much of your friend. Neither should you.
  • I understand why you guys are taking this totally the wrong way. You all hate me, thats cool.
  • Ribths, I gave you serious advice when I said she probably doesn't care one way or another if you go, so the choice is up to you.  And that you shouldn't use her birthday bash as a podium for your crappy friend rant.  I don't hate you.
  • I guess I am a horrible friend but there are many people I don't see more than a couple times a year that I still consider a good friend.  I guess I'm weird.
  • sounds like your "friend" hates you too. babies can be really boring. and then when you're around them, you have to talk about them, ask questions, act like you care. this girl is having a "bash"...obviously cooing over a poop machine just isn't going to cut it. ^ That is me giving you an honest response.
  • Can you see the list of invitees on FB? If so, are there a lot? Sometimes people invite their entire FB friends list, or at least all of the people local enough to remotely be able to attend.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • If I lived in the same city or even state and didn't see a friend for eight months I would think that was odd.  
  • I'd be upset to Robe. I mean if not come see the kid at least offer to take me out for some adult time.
  • Thanks Tasty. Expecting soemone to come see you after getting out of the hospital with a new baby is different than expecting her to come over all the time and coo about the baby. No, there were not a lot of people invited. Just people we have been close with.
  • Expecting soemone to come see you after getting out of the hospital with a new baby is different than expecting her to come over all the time and coo about the baby.So which one are you b!tching about? It seems like both to me.
  • That she could not take an hour to see me in the past eight months, and than invites me to her birthday party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards