Snarky Brides

Clown Phobia Question (No Pics Included)

For those of you who are afraid of clowns, does it also apply to cartoon clowns? Or cartoon like drawings of clowns?Today I'm starting my Math lesson and have a helper pass out the assignment, which I haven't really looked at too closely. One of the kids starts making weird noises, practically falls out of his chair and keeps pushing the paper away. Turns out there was a cartoonish clown on the cover and he is afraid of them. So after assuring him it wasn't real, I covered it with a post it and started teaching. But every time we turned a page, he freaked again because I hadn't thought to look ahead and cover all the clowns.Was he being dramatic or are even cartoon clowns that creppy?On a somewhat related note, twice this weekend I accidentally typed creppy instead of creepy but thankfully caught it before sending the email.
I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz

Re: Clown Phobia Question (No Pics Included)

• I'm guessing he's being a teenage brat.  I mean, clowns are creepy but it's not fall out of your chair scary.
  • I don't like cartoon clowns, but they don't give me the willies like RL clowns.

• I don't have teenagers anymore, I have 2nd grade so he's 7. I did have a teenager freak out on a field trip once because he was afraid of midgets and little people.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • I still vote acting out for attention, but it's a closer call for a 7 year old.
  • Cartoon/drawings of clowns may be creepy, but not a ratinoal fear.  Real clowns are a rational fear because they can hide in your closet and kill you and stuff. And I don't think I was afraid of anything at that age.  Now I have several phobias.  If this kid is that afraid of pictures of clowns, that tells me his parents are instilling irrational fears, which is pretty crappy parenting in my book.  And my book is filled with drawings of clowns.
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • When is Take a Random Internet Stranger to Work Day? I think Groomz would be a fabulous guest speaker.
  • When Groomz comes to speak I'm going to be standing behind him with jazz hands, hissing. I'll give that 7 y/o something new to be afraid of.

• Now I want to hire someone to follow me around all the time with jazz hands.  How much do you think that would run me?
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • I'll have to try jazz hands tomorrow since it's hard to get a few of them to pay attention.
  • Don't forget the hissing Irish. Never forget the hissing.

• Ah yes, how could I forget the hissing. If I do that when the parents are visiting tomorrow, do you think I'll get time off to be evaluated by a psychiatrist?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards