Snarky Brides
Options

Rec your digital photo frame.

My Granny's birthday is coming up and looking at photos is her #1 hobby so I want to get her a digital frame. 

The ability to expand the storage size with a memory card is a plus.  The ability to e-mail photos to the frame is a double plus (What? Your great-grandmother's house doesn't have wireless internet too? Tell your Gran to get with it!).  Sound is not necessary.  The ability to play video clips is not necessary. 

What do you have? Do you like it? Where'd you get it? How long have you had it? What else should I know about it?

Re: Rec your digital photo frame.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rec-digital-photo-frame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:112e83e2-9149-494d-abc8-2baa1b752f7bPost:8023b806-d45e-4732-b730-ae4cbd0ce04e">Rec your digital photo frame.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you have? Do you like it? Where'd you get it? How long have you had it? What else should I know about it?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

<div>I have an InVion (it was a gift). </div><div>
    </div><div>I like it because it holds A LOT of photos on its own hard drive, has room for memory chips, and sound (which I do not use). </div><div>
    </div><div>I do not like it because it is a pain in the ass to get photos the right size to load up onto it. If one isn't just right, none of them will load. This makes me rage like no other, so I am very curious to hear other's recs regarding loading.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I have the Philips one. I like it. We also gave the same one to FI's grandma a few years ago (maybe 3?) and its still working great. You can't email photos to it - I've never seen one with that ability. We just mail her a memory card every now and again, or FI's mom loads pics for her (they live really close by). It's pretty and works well.
  • Options
    I bought a Kodak EasyShare P730 for my mom for Mother's Day.  It is supposed to hold up to 4000 pictures.  You can use an SD slot, but I bought a memory stick for it (easier for my mom to work with). 

Super super easy to use....because I love her, but she and technology do not have the best relationship.

Good luck!  :)
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    I've found this one that has the e-mail photo capability:

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/PULSE_Digital_Frame__W730__7_in./productID.169449300

I live over an hour away from Granny, my dad would be the one to help her load photos, but we have family in other towns and other states, I'd like for them to be able to share photos right to her frame.  Currently they e-mail them to her, but then she keeps opening them from the e-mail, it'd just be more simple for it to be on the frame.

Anyone have a kodak frame that does this?  Like it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards