Snarky Brides
Options

Music help. This is driving me crazy...

.... Kings of Leon "Sex on Fire" was just on tv.  H and I are both convinced it sounds JUST like some song from the 80s?90s?  Any help here?

Re: Music help. This is driving me crazy...

• Options
    I have not noticed that, now it will bug me thanks! Have you tried googling it to see if other people are talking about it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Ooooh this song. I can't help, because I thought it WAS a song from the 90s.
  • Options
    Hmm, you might be right! I can't place it though. And I don't really like that song either, so I admit I haven't listened to the whole thing.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    It's got kind of a police type undertone.  I'm not sure if there's an exact song I can tie to it though.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Ditto Beatles.  But then it was on TV and I was like "dammit. That has to be from the early 90s."  Nope.

Maybe like a Pearl Jame vibe? not really, but something like that sound, and I cannot place it.

I've googled like crazy the last 30 minutes, and everyone's saying the same thing... "it sounds like a late 80s/early 90s song, but which one?!"  Maybe it's just the chord progression or something?

I thought you guys would know.... TK knows everything.
  • Options
    It's always sounded like Dancing in the Dark to me. Haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Maybe "Born to Run?"

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_music-this-driving-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:12cad5af-5b4c-45b1-b21c-ed5b7efcc933Post:5ca646ac-be47-4348-b2c1-71b975763d9c">Re: Music help. This is driving me crazy...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe "Born to Run?"
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Clearly, Beatles and I both think KOL sounds like Bruce Springsteen.

ETA: FWIW, I had a string of ten notes stuck in my head for literally four years before I was able to pin down that it was the first ten notes of "You Don't Know What It's Like" by The Bee Gees. I think I started to spiral into insanity for a while there.

• Options
    It starts off like the beginning of "Miss Amanda Jones" by the Rolling Stones.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The beat sounds like The Police for sure. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    They have a very retro hipster vibe to them, so maybe thats it.
  • Options
    I think he sounds like David Bowie. Maybe it's just me though.
  • Options
    I thought I was the only one who thought this. I remember the first time I heard this song on the radio I thought it was an 80's-ish song with a classic rock to it.

I also feel like it reminds me of something, but I cannot place what it is.

Another song they do called "Four Kicks" also sounds so much like it's a cover of a 50's or 60's rock song but from what I can tell it's an original song.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards