Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...

Me and my fiancee are looking for a place on the west side of fortworth to get married we would like it to be indoors and would also like to have the reception there as well anyone have any places in mind we have a budget of $800 if anyone could help we would be most thankful

Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...

• edited December 2011
    $800 for rental, f&B, the whole shebang?

How many people, first of all.

And it's "my fiance(e) and I"
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $800 for the whole thing = cake and punch reception I would think.  Are there any churches in this area that could accomodate?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Or the courthouse.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • edited December 2011
    Fort Worth has several community centers. There isn't much information on the Internet about them -- you'll have to call and visit to find out if one of them would be right for your wedding/reception. Here's a link to the list of community centers (click here) and here is a link to the prices (click here). As you can see, a large meeting room would be $45 per hour and a gym would be $60 per hour.

My favorite community center is actually in Hurst. From the pictures, it looks very pretty. (Click here.)

When I was younger (and in a different state), people had wedding receptions in VFW halls all the time. Although I don't know about if they rent them here and the prices, here is a link to where you can find local VFW posts, then call and ask if they rent out their facility and for how much. (Click here).

From what I've seen, the least expensive places for a wedding don't advertise as "wedding venues" and don't have much information on the internet at all. This does make their costs MUCH more reasonable, but it is harder to find them!  GL!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that place in Hurst IS nice!  And it includes the tables and chairs which is a heck of a deal assuming its likely relatively inexpensive to rent the hall. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_indoor-places-married-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:07a9b287-4f2d-4d3a-9737-e6bb3338f194Post:105ff320-6898-4c0a-a76e-4ed1e288f462">Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow that place in Hurst IS nice!  And it includes the tables and chairs which is a heck of a deal assuming its likely relatively inexpensive to rent the hall. 
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

It's very inexpensive. $125-$200 to rent it for the day.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_indoor-places-married-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:07a9b287-4f2d-4d3a-9737-e6bb3338f194Post:913e6a6c-da45-49a5-bfd7-18add86d6a0b">Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]$800 for rental, f&B, the whole shebang? How many people, first of all. And it's "my fiance(e) and I"
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Wow, rude much? The girl just needs help with her special day and I'm sure her mind is in a frenzy like the rest of us.</div>
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_indoor-places-married-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:07a9b287-4f2d-4d3a-9737-e6bb3338f194Post:31705924-8343-4b22-a658-c15460ea75d5">Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget... : Wow, rude much? The girl just needs help with her special day and I'm sure her mind is in a frenzy like the rest of us.
    Posted by Snow__White__Queen[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to point out it could have been the guy talking about his fiancee, because the girl version is spelled with two e's.  (my firend's fiance does all their posting, etc...) but nevertheless... it's not a big deal!

I agree with community centers, they are fairly cheap to rent out.... we orginally had a small budget and were looking at those! How many people are you anticipatng?
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_indoor-places-married-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:07a9b287-4f2d-4d3a-9737-e6bb3338f194Post:31705924-8343-4b22-a658-c15460ea75d5">Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget... : Wow, rude much? The girl just needs help with her special day and I'm sure her mind is in a frenzy like the rest of us.

Honey, what would you know about help? The majority of your requests for "help" here are a joke. Grape cake and reverse colors? You are laughable.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On these forums, all we have is our web etiquette and grammar to go off of.  It's important to make clear, well formed sentences.  That's just basic netiquette.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

<div>How many people was actually a relevant question. </div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe she's trying to throw a whole wedding for 300 people on an 800 dollar budget. That wouldn't happen, and then the advice would be to cut down the guest list. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_indoor-places-married-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:07a9b287-4f2d-4d3a-9737-e6bb3338f194Post:31705924-8343-4b22-a658-c15460ea75d5">Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...</a>:

What she said really wasn't rude at all. It is very important for us to have all the information about how many people will attend so that we don't suggest venues that can only accomodate a certain number that wouldn't work for what she wants on her 'special day.' It is also really important to use proper grammar and punctuation while expressing ourselves.
    Next time, please do not generalize. MY mind is not<em> 'in a frenzy'</em>...although I'm not sure about anyone elses.
    I smell waffles.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_indoor-places-married-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:07a9b287-4f2d-4d3a-9737-e6bb3338f194Post:d6b00d9b-ac13-4e97-b56c-52dfd1b74867">Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indoor places to get married on a tight budget... : What she said really wasn't rude at all. It is very important for us to have all the information about how many people will attend so that we don't suggest venues that can only accomodate a certain number that wouldn't work for what she wants on her 'special day.' It is also really important to use proper grammar and punctuation while expressing ourselves. Next time, please do not generalize. MY mind is not 'in a frenzy' ...although I'm not sure about anyone elses. I smell waffles.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I am also not in a frenzy. This overgeneralization is what's causing every engaged woman to automatically be called a crazy bridezilla.
    I normally enjoy waffles, but not this flavor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I just thought back to when I was planning mine and, yep, no frenzy.
  • edited December 2011
    Courtney, why must you mention waffles when all I have is a bowl of special K? :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards