Snarky Brides
Options

Sephora

So I need to spend $22 more at Sephora to get free shipping.  What would you buy? (I'm already buying my foundation)
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Sephora

• Options
    What foundation do you use?  Can you get some other stuff from the same line?

I really like the Bare Escentuals pre=packaged kits. :)  I've had my eye on this one for awhile.  I also got a tube of eyeshadow primer like two years ago, and I use it whenever I wear eye make-up.  It keeps it from getting all shiny and clumping.  I have this stuff, but in a different bottle. I love it.  
  • Options
    Ooh I like that kit.  I use the Bare Escentuals foundation but I usually go with the Too Faced eye make up because it blends really well.  The one I wanted is out of stock.  Figures. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A really good primer? 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    edited April 2011
    I LOVE the Bare Escentuals eye make up. Love love love.  Now you have me making a Sephora wishlist... good thing I have to run to the mall to return stuff anyway ;)  

I want this kit now.

Oh, a few months ago, I realized I needed new make up brushes.  I'm cheap, though, so I just bought a new 'starter kit' from Bare Escentuals (I love the smaller containers of foundation for traveling, anyway.)  The Prime Time primer stuff they have in it is really nice.  I don't see the same bottle online, though.

ETA: I think it's this stuff
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sephora-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1930f66c-6c60-4152-9c0d-685455a31926Post:57934d31-623a-4ced-bf67-4b983556c583">Re: Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]A really good primer? 
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you ever find one that you really liked? </div>
  • Options
    This looks like a fun kit as well.  Has anyone used the Smashbox make-up?

I've got primer, though I'm not the biggest fan of the one I bought (the Prime Time).  I told myself I have to finish it up before I buy more though lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Urban Decay's eye primer potion is awesome. I swear by the stuff. It is about $18.

If you use pencil eye liner Makeup Forever's Aqua Eyes Eye liner is great. I put it on at 7am and it is still there at 7pm. I think it is also about $18.

If you choose one of these maybe you can also get a small lip balm or a eye liner pencil sharpener to get you up to $22.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh Steph, I love the teal in that kit.  I'm too pale for it though.  Every time I try to play with pretty colors like that I end up looking funny, so I go with more natural tones.

Prime Time doesn't look even on me.  Maybe I'm not using enough?  I need something that will be good for dry skin and when I asked the consultant there about something for dry skin she looked at me like I had five heads.  Apparently no one has dry skin on their face?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

When I have that much to spend (not quite enough for new mascara or an eyeshadow palette) I'll pick up misc little things, like Smith's Rosebud Salve, oil blotting sheets, or the OPI for Sephora nail polishes.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sephora-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1930f66c-6c60-4152-9c0d-685455a31926Post:79b8ab34-32cf-4a6d-b7b1-3e5d124f8b2f">Re: Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I have that much to spend (not quite enough for new mascara or an eyeshadow palette) I'll pick up misc little things, like Smith's Rosebud Salve, oil blotting sheets, or the <strong>OPI for Sephora nail polishes.</strong>
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  I *finally* found an awesome grey color.</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you guys remember me obsessing over that in the fall? I think Roxy was looking for one, too.  </div>
  • Options
    The bare escentuals skin rev-er upper is WAY better than Prime Time, especially if you're oily or breakout prone at all.  Or flaky. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Since we're talking about makeup, I need some foundation help. I currently use Revlon Photo Ready foundation, but I don't feel like I get even coverage with it. I have used Mary Kay mineral powder in the past (instead of foundation) and I really liked it, but I can't find a shade that matches my skin tone. Recs for a good coverage foundation? I have regular to oily skin and it tends to be sensitive.

I also need hair help, if there are any takers.
  • Options
    Thanks JK. I might try that after I use this stuff up.  I'd prefer sticking with the same brand as the foundation so that will be a good one to try next.  I don't really know why I prefer that, I guess I just feel like they'll work better?  Who knows lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    haha, Shay- I feel the same way. That's why I asked what brand you use :)

Good to know, J!  My Prime Time stuff is almost gone, and I know my face is going to get way more oily now that summer is here.  

Mara- have you tried the Bare Escentuals stuff? I LOVE it, and I'm not really a make-up person (or I wasn't. haha.)

And hair help? What do you need? I think I've tried every brand of shampoo on the market. 
  • Options
    I'm not a huge lip gloss person at all but this is my new favorite thing: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P254102&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4144

AND, it's exactly $22! I have it in 3D and Untamed and regularly use both shades. The gloss isn't especially heavy or sticky and it really does make your lips look nice. It's not overly fussy glittery and childish, but it does have a really nice shimmer to it.
  • Options
    Thanks, Steph. I haven't tried any Bare Escentuals stuff, but I think I'll buy some and try it out.

My hair: About 3 months ago, something changed in my hair/scalp and no matter what shampoo I use, my hair constantly feels oily/dirty/weighed down. I have tried about six different shampoos, with no success. I don't use conditioner (because that makes it even worse), I normally let me hair air dry, but I have the same problem even when I blowdry. I've been using Suave Dry Shampoo to help make my hair not look so gross, but I don't want to have to use it every frickin' day. I'm not sure why this is happening, I haven't changed any habits that would make my scalp/hair more oily. I just want clean hair!
  • Options
    Mara, I had been wearing a foundation that was way too dark for me (bought it in summer when I actually had color) that was the Bare Escentuals.  I went in to the Sephora here and they matched my color up for me.  I would go in and see if they will do that for you.  I've never used the Mary Kay mineral powder but the Bare Escentuals is awesome!

As for hair, my new love is Kenra 25 hairspray.  That shiz makes my hair look like Florida has no humidity.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It's definitely not a fancy dancy shampoo but I stand by the Head and Shoulders for oily scalp.  I swear that is the only thing that works for me when, for whatever random reason, my hair decides to be oily.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I bought the Makeup Forever foundation and I really don't love it. It's ok, but I've gotten better foundations at CVS from CoverGirl and such. So I'll piggyback off of this thread and ask for foundation recs, pweeze?
  • Options
    I'm a jerk and didn't read a lot of this yet, so I guess the bare escentuals is the concensus for foundation?
  • Options
    If anyone wants to go drug store (or doesn't like powder foundations), I really like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse and Dream Liquid Mousse foundations when I want a little more coverage than bare minerals gives me. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    For hair I use Organix eucalyptus mint. It keeps my scalp calm and collected ;)

I also LOVE Fekkai smoothing creme. I use it every day when I dry or straighten my hair and it keeps the frizz far away!
  • Options
    Mara- Apple Cider Vinegar.  I mix it like 1/4 vinegar to 3/4 water in a spray bottle.  I douse my hair with it and let it sit for 5 minutes or so (usually while I'm brushing my teeth or whatever.)  Then hop in the shower and wash it like normal.  It totally evens out my scalp issues, and makes my hair really shiny :)

I usually do it like once a week or whenever my hair starts to get gunky again. 

Granted, my hair has been a lot better now that I don't use as many products in it. (I just wash, condition and rise. Then I soak it with conditioner and a little bit of Moroccan oil, scrunch it and diffuse to dry.) I have really really thick, wavy/curly hari though. 
  • Options
    Maybe check out the "mini" section.  There are tons of products in small sizes that are awesome if you want to try something new but are not 100% sure you want to commit to the full size.  I especially like trying new perfumes and body products that way.
  • Options
    I love love love the Tarte Blush Sticks (forget exactly what they're called). I use Dollface, which looks bright pink on label, but is really a sweet color for pale skin. I think they're $30 but last a while and are worth every penny!
  • Options

I LOVE this spray from Urban Decay that keeps your makeup from moving! I get pretty sweaty and when I get home at the end of a long day/night my make up still looks fresh! I plan on usinf it for my sedding day!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P263504

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll ditto the Urban Decay Eye Primer as a worthy purchase that will last, as well as these two staples of mine:

$5 face brush that polishes, cleans and brightens your face and makes whatever facial cleanser you have work 10x better (in case you don't yet have a Clarisonic or Olay electronic brush): http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0096&categoryId=S3000&shouldPaginate=true

Fresh Sugar tinted lip balm in Sugar Plum. It's silky, the tint is great and fades naturally, and my lips feel nicely conditioned. It has a lemony, gingery aroma. They also have it in Rose ($22.50): http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P263909&categoryId=C11400

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    False eyelashes... they are my favorite splurge. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Urban decay eye primer!  I cant live with out it.

Or Buxom mascara!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards