Snarky Brides
Options

Have you seen this? (Updated links)

The 10:10 "No pressure" PSA that they had to remove shortly after posting it.  Warning the video is kind of graphic.

Article

Video

I think my favorite part is this in their apology:
“Oh well, we live and learn.”
kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Have you seen this? (Updated links)

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I didn't watch the video, but - good Lord. Hello, common sense.

Beats, it took a while for it to load for me - it was graphics heavy.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seen-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a41909b-4376-49fd-9570-a15e5001cff7Post:75617541-f542-4932-b561-158675317196">Re: Have you seen this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The page won't load beyond the article title for me, but I think I got the gist. I'm kind of glad I can't see the video. What was the message they were trying to convey with that imagery?
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    The way I saw it was "If you're not going to follow our rules we're going to blow you up."  I get that they thought it was funny, but I do not see how, and that comes from someone who laughs hysterically during horror films when they do the over the top gore.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Gah, that's horrifying. And poorly thought out. What are they trying to get us to do though? Stupid article still won't load.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    What are the graphics/article/video? I don't want to click on it without knowing since I'm on a work computer.
  • Options
    Yeah . . . seeing children blown up & reduced to chunks of meat (I didn't watch the second one) like terrorist suicide bombers wearing explosive-laden vests and seeing the other children screaming after being showered with the blood and guts of their classmates . . . not so funny to me. 
  • Options
    I guess they've never heard of catching more flies with honey.

I think that was a little over the top
    imageimage
  • Options
    Beatles- The intention is to get you to conserve energy.  It's a green movement.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seen-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a41909b-4376-49fd-9570-a15e5001cff7Post:6c12cf14-7957-40b7-b294-eadf4be989a6">Re: Have you seen this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beatles- The intention is to get you to conserve energy.  It's a green movement.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Wow. I would not have gotten that from the content of the ad. Persuasion fail, green folks.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I saw this on a political list I am on. Way to play into the hands of your opponents.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seen-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a41909b-4376-49fd-9570-a15e5001cff7Post:f0b1a950-c055-4681-bbb5-d818cbfa49e9">Re: Have you seen this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't the link works anymore...?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]
    You're right.  It's not loading for me either.  I found the video on Youtube and another article about it that I linked in OP.  Unfortunately the only other article I could find was from Fox News.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Sounds Faux News-ish. I'll try to look it up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sesh, it was an eco-bloggers website.

Message FAIL. Big time. Even without seeing the video. And, like Kelli, gore in movies doesn't bother me.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I think I might sneak through the house and switch BACK all the CFL lights now.....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seen-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a41909b-4376-49fd-9570-a15e5001cff7Post:e707e5e9-2380-4b95-a09e-660d8057382a">Re: Have you seen this? (Updated links)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I might sneak through the house and switch BACK all the CFL lights now.....
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Right! This kind of stuff is aggravating because IMO, the campaign itself is sound. I think people all over the world should make lifestyle changes to reduce their carbon footprint and it could make a huge difference. But now no one will take the message seriously.

Another example is PETA. They have some good points. With many restaurants and meat packing facilities, the animals are not treated or killed humanely and they should change. But if you're acting like a complete lunatic, people will not hear your message.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    W. T. F.?!

I don't understand how this relates to global warming at all.  Massive campaign fail.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seen-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1a41909b-4376-49fd-9570-a15e5001cff7Post:cfab5088-6abc-4c27-b69b-19ea98a10167">Re: Have you seen this? (Updated links)</a>:
    [QUOTE]W. T. F.?! I don't understand how this relates to global warming at all.  Massive campaign fail.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    Maybe they're trying to say that if we don't comply the world will heat up to such a point that all of a sudden our blood would boil and we'd pop?  There I found a connection :D
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Hell, I don't need global warming to make my blood boil. Some days work does it, some days coming here does it ....
    Shiit - there went an eyeball.
  • Options
    This is just a crazy campaign, and I say that as someone who thinks we do need to find more ways of being enviromentally friendly.  Crazy!  It's also weird that the teacher goes out of her way to say that it's up to each person if they want to follow the initiatives and then she blows up the ones who don't!!  The Fox News article was over the top, but it does have a point in asking if this is how these people really feel about those who disagree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards