Snarky Brides
Options

Amazon question

And then I will posting new topics, I promise!

H would kill for an enhanced dvd of Little Mermaid, but because Disney is doing their "only release movies for a period of time" thing it's not available through stores. I've been poking around and it's not being released in 2010 or 2011.

I've found a couple of sellers on Amazon of the Platinum Edition for $20, but it's individual sellers and not through the Amazon warehouse. Is this a thing that is regulated at all or would I just be throwing away money and hoping for a good product?

Re: Amazon question

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazon-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c5c3f94-be25-4457-8ae3-fdfae7d96515Post:18732dd4-7aa6-4ad5-a91a-b00b86960e6f">Amazon question</a>:
    [QUOTE]And then I will posting new topics, I promise!<strong> H would kill for an enhanced dvd of Little Mermaid</strong>, but because Disney is doing their "only release movies for a period of time" thing it's not available through stores. I've been poking around and it's not being released in 2010 or 2011. I've found a couple of sellers on Amazon of the Platinum Edition for $20, but it's individual sellers and not through the Amazon warehouse. Is this a thing that is regulated at all or would I just be throwing away money and hoping for a good product?
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I am of no help whatsoever, but that bolded portion made my day. Please give your H a giant hug if he's around.
  • Options
    Ditto Poli. I have no knowledge of Amazon, but I think it's awesome that you H loves Little Mermaid.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    It's both of our favorite movies ever. His other favorite movie is the Last Unicorn. There is no way any child of our will grow up not knowing these two movies.

He also bought me (aka us) the Platinum edition of Beauty and the Beast yesterday :)
  • Options
    I am the same way with Cinderella and Home Alone in regards to my future children. They will know these movies.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazon-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c5c3f94-be25-4457-8ae3-fdfae7d96515Post:e2e5356b-85d7-4898-8798-4d6dff7b9382">Re: Amazon question</a>:
    [QUOTE]He also bought me (aka us) the Platinum edition of Beauty and the Beast yesterday :)
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>My Scott too!  He come home from his black friday shopping and was like "I GOT YOU A PRESENTTTTTT!!!!!!!!11"</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Based on the quality they quote it at, i believe you can send it back for a refund if it ISNT good quality.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what to say re: amazon quality, but I love Disney movies.  H has gotten me one for Christmas and my birthday every year the last few years. It makes me incredibly happy.
  • Options
    Technically its NOT regulated, but I beleive you do have some recourse if you get something far off from what you intended to buy.
  • Options
    Check their ratings. You can see if they have good ratings, or bad ratings.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's kind of like Ebay where if they list it's in good condition and you get it but it's poor, you can complain and potentially get your money back.

In other news, have you tried ebay?  Or half.com?  I think that's where Scott got me Aladdin.
  • Options
    I think most of the sellers are under the Amazon guarantee. The one time I had an issue I claimed it with Amazon and they refunded my money. It's my understanding you have a limited number of claims however.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazon-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c5c3f94-be25-4457-8ae3-fdfae7d96515Post:284b194c-fde1-4451-8880-ee822d010ba7">Re: Amazon question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think most of the sellers are under the Amazon guarantee. The one time I had an issue I claimed it with Amazon and they refunded my money. It's my understanding you have a limited number of claims however.
    Posted by dandan83[/QUOTE]

THIS. I've had one problem and got my money refunded within 30 days. You should be ok to get it if you can't wait :)
  • Options
    I'm either old school or a geek...I saw Amazon Question and thought it had to do with a tall BM.  (of course I have that problem, my BM is 6'2" and I'm 5'2", and the rest of my BMs are no taller than 5'7") 

Good luck with the DVD search!  I think it sucks that Disney plays the "we're only going to release these once per millenium" game. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazon-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c5c3f94-be25-4457-8ae3-fdfae7d96515Post:284b194c-fde1-4451-8880-ee822d010ba7">Re: Amazon question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think most of the sellers are under the Amazon guarantee. The one time I had an issue I claimed it with Amazon and they refunded my money. It's my understanding you have a limited number of claims however.
    Posted by dandan83[/QUOTE]

YES.  Amazon is actually really good about their individual sellers.  Plus you can check the seller's ratings to make sure they're good ratings.  I'd go for it.  I order stuff from individual sellers all the time.  I've only ever had two problems and the matter was resolved through Amazon (just a couple emails, really) within a couple weeks (and I've been ordering from Amazon for about 6 years).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards