Snarky Brides
Options

J&K

*hugs and runs away*

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: J&K

• Options
    No!  Don't run away!  Come baaaacccckk!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Oh sweet! I wasn't sure if you were into hugs, especially on crabby days. ;) Also, DDP kitty kinda intimidates me.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Are you off today, J&K?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20e889e7-9d60-4672-89dd-df5936f1cc30Post:28b97379-9095-407f-b707-46e950392414">Re: J&K</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you off today, J&K?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA*breath*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

No.  :)

• Options
    Beatles, I'm a hugger.  I'm a big hugger.  As long as I know you and like you.  If I don't like you, or don't know you very well, you can getthefuckawayfromme.  I hate it when random people (like creepy guys in a bar) touch me.  That's a good way to get junk punched.

• Options
    *creeps behind J&K and ruuuuuuubs all creepy like*
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I could use a massage, Shelly ;)

• Options
    Sucks to be a random bar guy then! I like hugging people I like too, and not so much people who I don't know from Adam. And dudes who touch randomly creep me out.

There was this classmate of mine who used to put his hands on my waist or the small of my back if we were trying to get by each other in a doorway or something like that. He did it to other girls too, and we were all creeped out by it. Like, this isn't an 8th grade dance, get your hands off my hips asshole.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20e889e7-9d60-4672-89dd-df5936f1cc30Post:cbb5e310-3fe8-4a03-9a46-03c6ae739815">Re: J&K</a>:
    [QUOTE]I could use a massage, Shelly ;)
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Alrighty!  *Cracks knuckles*  Let's get you greased up and ready for a rubdown!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm not a touchy person.  I don't like to be touched.  Sometimes Nick will rub my back and I tell him to stop.  It makes my skin crawl.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Gross Beatles.  I had a classmate like that too.  He touched people when he talked to them.  Like he'd say hi and touch your arm.  No, this isn't the science museum, I'm not a hands on exhibit.  I get that some people are just touchy people, but that's really bad boundaries and SO not ok with acquaintances and strangers.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20e889e7-9d60-4672-89dd-df5936f1cc30Post:8196724a-9518-43c1-b7b8-cb2f965cac5c">Re: J&K</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a touchy person.  I don't like to be touched.  Sometimes Nick will rub my back and I tell him to stop.  It makes my skin crawl.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

NO TOUCHING!!!

J - LOL at hands-on exhibit. That's exactly what it's like. I think it depends on the environment too. Like back when I worked in restaurants, you're pretty much on top of each other the whole shift and there's lots of touching because it's usually crowded on the line. But in a school or office setting? No.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20e889e7-9d60-4672-89dd-df5936f1cc30Post:51b1b37b-5295-48e4-b5e8-2e650a5c0484">Re: J&K</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: J&K : NO TOUCHING!!! J - LOL at hands-on exhibit. That's exactly what it's like. I think it depends on the environment too. Like back when I worked in restaurants, you're pretty much on top of each other the whole shift and there's lots of touching because it's usually crowded on the line. But in a school or office setting? No.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

That's me :(  I'm the security guard!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hey, security guards need personal boundaries just like everyone else. ;) As long as you and Nick are agreed on a level of tolerance for touching, that's all that matters.

• Options
    I work with a girl who is super weird about people touching her.  Like, someone touching her if she doesn't want them to will give her a borderline panic attack.  She has no reason why she reacts so strongly. 

• Options
    I don't have a panic attack, but I get super uncomfortable.
    Photobucket
  • Options

One of my bridesmaids hates when people get touchy, even her boyfriend. Last night we went in for a fitting and one of the employees at the bridal shop was clipping her dress to her bra with clothespins. I felt terrible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just don't get why some people feel the need to go around touching people.  If the touchers would just mind their boundaries, no one would have any trouble.  Except the touchers.  But they can go to an island and touch each other, or something.

• Options
    You know what's just as bad as touching?  People who stand too close when they talk to you!

I hate that.  Then when you step back for space, they keep stepping closer.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20e889e7-9d60-4672-89dd-df5936f1cc30Post:1f1c2b82-8102-40c4-9224-a2452e874cf0">Re: J&K</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know what's just as bad as touching?  People who stand too close when they talk to you! I hate that.  Then when you step back for space, they keep stepping closer.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

YES!  I was at the pharmacy the other day, picking up a prescription.  Someone was standing super close to me in line, and when it was my turn, I moved up, and so did he.  I turned around and said "Excuse me, have you ever heard of HIPAA?"  He gave me a blank look so I just rolled my eyes and said "Back up dude.  You're way too close to my CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH INFORMATION."  I was crabby.  The cashier thought it was funny.

• Options
    One time I was in line at the store, and someone was standing close behind me.  I'm not sure if he was breathing or sniffing my hair, but whatever he was doing it was weeeiiiird.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I used to work at Home Depot and people were ALL THE TIME in my space, standing too close. I would just pull the tape measure out of my apron and pull it out about two feet. People got the message.
  • Options
    Haha, that's brilliant!  I'm going to start carrying a tape measure for that purpose.  You need a nickname...your name is too long and I'm super lazy.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20e889e7-9d60-4672-89dd-df5936f1cc30Post:3a6bfb06-d8be-4fd8-ba22-29f041166c92">Re: J&K</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: J&K : YES!  I was at the pharmacy the other day, picking up a prescription.  Someone was standing super close to me in line, and when it was my turn, I moved up, and so did he.  I turned around and said "Excuse me, have you ever heard of HIPAA?"  He gave me a blank look so I just rolled my eyes and said "Back up dude.  You're way too close to my CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH INFORMATION."  I was crabby.  The cashier thought it was funny.

Ha! Oh, and speaking of pharmacies, I hate when they go to the bins to pick up your prescription packet, and then yell out: "What's the address?" to confirm that it's you. Hi, I can't go back there and don't feel like shouting out my street address in front of a bunch of strangers who could follow me home. Bring it back to the counter and I will tell you with my inside voice. There's got to be some confidentiality rule they're breaking there.

I want a tape measure now, to tell people when they're not close <em>enough</em>.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:20e889e7-9d60-4672-89dd-df5936f1cc30Post:8c51d1ac-2c0a-4af7-8619-46d2202e4645">Re: J&K</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, that's brilliant!  I'm going to start carrying a tape measure for that purpose.  You need a nickname...your name is too long and I'm super lazy.

I've been getting "Fever" a lot.
  • Options
    Fever will work until I can come up with something better.

Beatles, that's what I love about having a FI that's a pharmacist.  This week was the first time I've been to the pharmacy to actually deal with a script in over a year.  I forgot how much I hate pharmacies.

• Options
    Lucky you! Would it be too much trouble to route my prescriptions through MN? Just tell him the herp cream is for a friend. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards