Snarky Brides
Options

This made me cry today.

So, I called a lady to let her know that her background check had cleared and that she could start work tomorrow and she was super excited. I started hearing this little kid voice in the background and I heard her say "yes, baby. Mommy got the job." Then the little kids starts squealing the most adorable happy squeal that only another mother could understand. The little girl sounded just like Ben and she was screaming "MOMMY GOT THE JOB! MOMMY GOT THE JOB! I'M SO PROUD OF MY MOMMY!"

With the way this fuucked up economy is and the fact that so many people are out of work, it made me cry to think about how we had just made this little 5 year old girl so happy and proud of her mommy. I often complain about how busy I am because I've been doing so much recruiting, but this interaction really reminded me how wonderful my job actually is. :)

Re: This made me cry today.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    thats so awesome cew! what a great feeling.

aside: what ever happened with the creepy letter you found in Ben's backpack (not to ruin the feel good moment here, just curious)
  • Options
    Aw, I got a little teary eyed there, cew. That's awesome.
  • Options
    Haha. I forgot about that. I wrote his teacher and she said a classmate wrote it to him. She said that the little girl wrote letters to everyone. I thought it was kind of irresponsible for the teacher to allow them to take home extremely creepy-ass notes with no explanation, but whatever.
  • Options
    Aww! That is awesome. These are the things that remind us to be thankful that we have a job. What a sweet little girl too!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Aww that is too cute :)
  • Options

I attended a Goodwill job fair today and I really saw so many desperate people. It's just so sad. I feel so bad for them.

But I also saw a man chewing on a stick. Like a stick from someone's yard. That made my sadness go away.

• Options
    Yup, just got a little teary-eyed. That is so cute.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-made-cry-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:213e9856-b97a-4a82-947f-706d561bf81aPost:40de3033-88f9-4991-882b-6ecddf617aa8">Re: This made me cry today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha. I forgot about that. I wrote his teacher and she said a classmate wrote it to him. She said that the little girl wrote letters to everyone. I thought it was kind of irresponsible for the teacher to allow them to take home extremely creepy-ass notes with no explanation, but whatever.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    What a creepy little girl haha, thats so bizarre! Glad it turned out to just be a little kid though.
  • Options
    Me too, Nebb. I'm so paranoid about all of that shiit so it really got in my head for a while.

Oooh. I have another story that you'll like. So, we were at my mom's house for my dad's birthday dinner and my mom brings out the cake with the little candy letters on it. We sing to dad and the boys commence to grabbing all of the candy letters to eat them. Then, Jack (dad's son) starts saying "Gram, do you have the letters to write John? I want to redo the letters and write John on the cake. Can we do that?". He keeps asking for it and spazzing out over it. Finally, I asked him who John was and he says "Mommy's friend". AWKWARD.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-made-cry-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:213e9856-b97a-4a82-947f-706d561bf81aPost:4b53dea8-7753-4f54-8030-03da8dd2aad0">Re: This made me cry today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me too, Nebb. I'm so paranoid about all of that shiit so it really got in my head for a while. Oooh. I have another story that you'll like. So, we were at my mom's house for my dad's birthday dinner and my mom brings out the cake with the little candy letters on it. We sing to dad and the boys commence to grabbing all of the candy letters to eat them. Then, Jack (dad's son) starts saying "Gram, do you have the letters to write John? I want to redo the letters and write John on the cake. Can we do that?". He keeps asking for it and spazzing out over it. Finally, I asked him who John was and he says "Mommy's friend". AWKWARD.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Wait. I'm not sure what you're saying here.
  • Options
    Aw, that's a nice story :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dad's 5 year old son wanted to write his mom's boyfriend's name on my dad's birthday cake.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Hahaha wow. Mommies friend. just gets better and better!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-made-cry-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:213e9856-b97a-4a82-947f-706d561bf81aPost:d59004a6-56de-4640-b6a6-e1cd8b81a221">Re: This made me cry today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This made me cry today. : Wait. I'm not sure what you're saying here.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

<div>Me neither  D:</div>
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh ok. I'm assuming your parents aren't married then? I don't know any backstory so I wasn't sure. And I think i got confused by you not calling him your brother instead of your dad's son.

Sorry. I'm just about ready for bed and I'm in a little bit of a haze.
  • Options
    It's confusing and probably not funny unless you know the whole backstory. Nebb gets it. At least I hope she does. :)
  • Options
    No. My parents aren't married. It's super complicated. I usually refer to him as dad's son because when people hear "my brother" they assume he's my age.
  • Options
    I see. Believe me, I know all about awkward, complicated family.  : )

I can see how that would have been funny now.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I do get it. Thats... crazy awkward haha.
  • Options
    So how old is your dad's son's mom?
  • Options
    CEW - how's your dad doing BTW?
  • Options
    Awwww, what a sweet story!  That's so great :)

AND how totally awkward (your other story).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment

What a great story - thanks for sharing Cew :)

Photobucket
  • Options
    That is so sweet Cew! It must feel wonderful to be giving hope back to so many families. :)

I got uncomfortable on behalf of the company present reading your other story. Oops.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-made-cry-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:213e9856-b97a-4a82-947f-706d561bf81aPost:c126af7c-cf4e-4683-bbfc-121f8bb5c920">Re: This made me cry today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So how old is your dad's son's mom?
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

I don't really know. I think she's probably 40 by now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-made-cry-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:213e9856-b97a-4a82-947f-706d561bf81aPost:8545e191-77a5-4a11-89e4-4fccb5aeacc2">Re: This made me cry today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]CEW - how's your dad doing BTW?
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

You're so sweet for asking. :) He's doing about the same. Just really tired all the time. But he has been dieting and has lost a ton of weight.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-made-cry-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:213e9856-b97a-4a82-947f-706d561bf81aPost:a8f25a06-19e7-4f67-9c74-95f22ffa3fec">Re: This made me cry today.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This made me cry today. : You're so sweet for asking. :) He's doing about the same. Just really tired all the time. But he has been dieting and has lost a ton of weight.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Sucks to be really drained of energy all of the time.  But the weight loss is awesome!

Oh, and original post - heartwarming :)  I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards