Snarky Brides
Options

Wedding nightmares already???

Seriously all night were crazy wedding dreams, one after another after another.
Anyone else have/had this issue?

Re: Wedding nightmares already???

• Options
    No not yet. What happens in your dreams?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I actually had my first one last night. I didn't think it would happen to me but I guess that's always the way it is.
  • Options
    Oh, yes.  Usually the dreams involved nothing being ready - no flowers, no shoes, no ring, no WP at the venue, but all the guests were assembled and ready for the ceremony.  In most of the dreams the guests all got annoyed and left before the ceremony could start.  It's very common to have these dreams during your planning.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-nightmares-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:21b5d7d1-7d52-470b-8326-d4235c41ef0bPost:628a89f4-20c0-4658-a286-a4d56473ad9e">Re: Wedding nightmares already???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, yes.  Usually the dreams involved nothing being ready - no flowers, no shoes, no ring, no WP at the venue, but all the guests were assembled and ready for the ceremony.  In most of the dreams the guests all got annoyed and left before the ceremony could start.  It's very common to have these dreams during your planning.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Whoa. You basically just descirbed mine perfectly. it was the day of the wedding and I had no dress, flowers and the invitations hadn't gone out. And all the vendors I booked were threatening not to show up because all they had was my first deposit.
  • Options
    I had a couple. In one I started walking down the aisle of this huge ass church (wedding was really outside) and there were no guests there and I started crying because no one loved me enough to come except H and my parents.

Another I couldn't fit into my dress. So dream mom took safety pins and ribbon found at the venue and turned it into a corset back.
  • Options
    Its just been really unorganized and my dad is officiating which is odd and I am sitting in the front row and I forgot virtually everything that I had wanted done... just really wierd. My FI was the only one ready and organized.
  • Options
    I havent really worried about any wedding stuff lately but I bet I will get them when things start to get crazy.

Anyone here ever waitress or still does? I get server nightmares all the time. They suck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    yes! I'm glad I am not the only one! my dress was NOT my dress and no one was paying attention to the ceremony and a random friend of my FI decided to sing a song....
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that my e-ring broke into 2.  Does that count?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used to have dreams that our band was awful. I would always wind up bludgeoning someone to death. One time with trash can lids. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In mines I looked around the room as I was getting dressed and only one member of my wedding party was there. I turned and asked her where everyone was and all she did was shrug. Then my makeup artist came running by the window with like 5 minutes to the wedding. I felt so terrified.

I think it's basically has to do with wanting your day to be perfect so badly and you think controlling everything to the inth degree will make it so. So it fits that your nightmare involves everything spinning horribly out of control.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I only had one wedding nightmare (about my dress), and unfortunately it turned out to be somewhat well-founded.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I had one a couple of months ago.

In my dream, I had apparently just woken up from a coma. I didn't have any idea if anything had been done, or if anyone was coming to the wedding. I was rushing around the venue looking for people. I finally found my officiant, and was so happy, I hugged him. Then my family arrived. I realized my hair was a mess and no one would help me fix it. Then I found out that my venue scheduled another wedding an hour before mine (in real life, we have the venue all day). So I'm up in the brides room getting ready and I look out the window into the venue and see the bride walking down the aisle in jean shorts, black bra with a white tank top, bleach blonde hair, and a mini backpack. All the chairs are full of her guests, and every single one of them looks like Cleatus from the Simpsons (basically, hillbillies in just overalls). 

Not  a fun dream.

Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had a few leading up to my wedding.  I didn't wake up in a cold sweat though...I just woke up laughing.  They always had to do with everything being what someone else wanted...I hated my dress, my venue, the flowers, everything because it wasn't what I'd picked. 

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    Crose, I have restaurant nightmares all the time, I work at the Keg, we call them Kegmares... they SUCK!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I had one a few weeks ago that all the GM decided to show up in banana costumes. And all the BM wore bikinis. Then looked down & someone had completely ruined my dress. It was all ripped & dirty. The only person who looked how it was planned was my FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards