Snarky Brides

Snarky??

Re: Snarky??

• Yeah, I didn't max out reading comp on the GRE, but I'm with Roxy. If anything, your definition of snarky backs up the kind of attitude that you've been complaining about in others, not of someone being "annoyed." Thanks for trying though.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Ahhh....this is what I've missed.

I'm a psychologist by trade....what does this say about me... :-)

Just for fun I looked up synonyms for "irritated"...guess what came up?? ANNOYED.
  • Irritable does NOT mean annoyed. You are an idiot.

Irritated however can mean annoyed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:d9f5c5a7-8430-40bb-a3d1-0e5ca06b2000">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honey, that's what I mean by reading comprehension.  Do you need a thesaurus?  Irritable means annoyed sweety.
    Posted by sophistryliz[/QUOTE]

Well this is just downright foolish. A thesaurus links together words with similar meaning, not exact. If you did it for long enough, you could probably link together very different words by using similiar definitions that link them. It doesn't mean the first and last word have the same meaning. "Sweetie."

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • edited April 2010
    Phil, what type of psych are you in? I'm in clinical psych.

ETA: I was also thinking of the difference between irritable and irritated, from a psych symptom stance. I think that's what's tripping me up on the irritable = annoyed thing. KWIM? :)

• I love how Soapy tries to be condescending with her honeys and sweeties.  If you're wrong no number of sweeties will make you right.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited April 2010
    Beatles, let me help you out:

ir·ri·ta·ble

  pronunciation" /></a></span> /ˈɪrɪbəl/ Show Spelled[ir-i-tuh-buhl] Show IPA
    –adjective
    easily irritated or annoyed; readily excited to impatience or anger.
    Physiology, Biology. displaying irritability.
    Pathology. susceptible to physical irritation.
    Medicine/Medical. abnormally sensitive to a stimulus.

Yup, Soapy is still wrong.  "Easily annoyed" does NOT equal "annoyed."
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You people are crazy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:643bb0d3-5a04-4a96-9652-bbe5f2aefe94">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]You people are crazy.

And you don't know what you're talking about.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks betrothed, and I totally agree. I'm just accustomed to thinking of the term "irritable" as something that encompasses symptoms beyond just feeling annoyed, particularly the physiological aspects of it. It's like apples and oranges.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:34f1b49f-affb-45e5-91c0-91b170d26681">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks betrothed, and I totally agree. I'm just accustomed to thinking of the term "irritable" as something that encompasses symptoms beyond just feeling annoyed, particularly the physiological aspects of it. It's like apples and oranges.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    Don't lie.  We all know it's just because you're too dumb to know that irritable=annoyed.  DUH! ;-)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Beatles - I'm a school psychologist. 

"Irritable" makes me think of irritable bowel syndrome. 

Irritable, to me, encompasses a mood. Annoyed, to me, manifests as a result of a situation. So one could be irritable as a personality trait, I suppose. But this is digging way too deep into semantics. I (personally) use them pretty much interchangeably - not that I go around dropping the word irritable in my every day conversations...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:936b0228-6050-428d-92ae-b3f558b2f9b9">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Snarky?? : Don't lie.  We all know it's just because you're too dumb to know that irritable=annoyed.  DUH! ;-)
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

*hangs head in shame*

Phil, that's a great point, and I agree that we are digging too far into semantics at this point. However, I will stand by the fact that soapy has led us down this path of overanalyzing word definitions. She seems to like to use big words and then hold them over our heads as things we won't "get" or "understand." She started off by claiming that none of us would know what her sn meant. Hence the defensive busting out of dictionaries to prove each other wrong.

So in other words, SHE STARTED IT, nya nyah! ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:9aa11cf3-6b34-436f-951a-e75874590d7b">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beatles - I'm a school psychologist.  "Irritable" makes me think of irritable bowel syndrome.  Irritable, to me, encompasses a mood. Annoyed, to me, manifests as a result of a situation. So one could be irritable as a personality trait, I suppose. But this is digging way too deep into semantics. I (personally) use them pretty much interchangeably - not that I go around dropping the word irritable in my every day conversations...
    Posted by philbrickra[/QUOTE]

Thank you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:643bb0d3-5a04-4a96-9652-bbe5f2aefe94">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]You people are crazy.

And fat. Don't forget we're fat.
  • FFS, sophistry, let it go. You think you're smarter than everyone. WE GET IT.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • some of us are pretty fugly too. 
    Wait...that's not a real word. Don't rip me apart. :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:d2662a69-3dd4-4f15-93a1-6403c9ea3741">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Snarky?? : Thank you.

Oh geez, you still don't get it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:5e824941-2a52-49a8-8e4c-6eb691f2726e">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]some of us are pretty fugly too.  Wait...that's not a real word. Don't rip me apart. :-)
    Posted by philbrickra[/QUOTE]

Is there an Urban Thesaurus? Hmm...

• kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Wow, there are some intelligent ladies in here.  Maybe you can help me out.  What is an 11 letter word that means "stretchy"?  7 across has me stumped!  (If it helps, the 4th letter is a "q")  ;-)

Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Betrothed, I guess someone else was wondering too! But the name of the person who responded... I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone now. You think soapy has been planning this coup for two years?

• Also, can someone tell me what ETA means?  I did do my research this time, but it came back with a huge list of possible acronyms.  I'm pretty sure you all aren't referring to Elvis Tribute Artist, but I don't want to assume!

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ETA
    Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • B&B,  ETA= Edited To Add

Beatles, I didn't even notice that.  You're right!  It's a conspiracy I tells ya!
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • ETA = edited to add

• edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:06c5b8ec-5a99-4a70-af7a-80d9c9f9b00a">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, can someone tell me what ETA means?  I did do my research this time, but it came back with a huge list of possible acronyms.  I'm pretty sure you all aren't referring to Elvis Tribute Artist, but I don't want to assume! <a href="http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ETA" title="Linkification: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ETA" class="linkification-ext">http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ETA</a>
    Posted by B&B1221[/QUOTE]

ETA = Edited to Add, in case there's something you meant to include in your original post and you don't want to make a new one to say it.

ETA: Jinx to those who already said this! :p

• SCREW YOU, BEATLES!!!!! NO COKES FOR YOU!
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • That's fine, I prefer Pepsi anyway. Don't be hating just because I bested you. I even knocked on wood before you. Taste it.

• Only if it tastes like chicken.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards