Snarky Brides

Snarky??

13»

Re: Snarky??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:a6a379df-3a9b-4151-8604-c0bf8786f344">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only if it tastes like chicken.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Your e-thug bunny tastes like chicken. Happy Easter!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Yum chicken.......  :Drools uncontrollably:
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Damn!  Who farted?  You're killing the delicious flavor of my chicken.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited April 2010
    The answer is Cew. Always Cew if it's farts or poop. Or chodes. <3

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:feea2746-5f5b-4f1e-a864-53bbdc1f383a">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like B&B, I'm newer here. In the past I've enjoyed sections of forums where people get a little snarkier, like an open debate one I frequent on a horse forum. So joining, I envisioned snarky brides being blunt and no nonsense with a heavy dose of sarcastic humor thrown in. Instead, this is what happens. Someone posts, everyone else picks apart both the OP and the subsequent posts and fights over every little thing. Don't get me wrong, I am a proud member of the grammar police but half the posts in a thread being there to pick out typos gets boring. Reading between the lines and making accussations (like OMG you're a teacher what are you doing on the knot?) gets boring. Snark doesn't have to mean that we just pick each other apart and throw poop like monkeys but that's mostly what this board is about IMO. I would prefer to post somewhere where people are blunt and not too afraid of hurting feelings of those not accustomed to internet forums, but come on. A lot of posts here are a bit ridiculous. Anyway I guess I'm guilty since I post more here than anywhere else on the knot. Just think about how many explanations of their/they're/there and "a lot" we REALLY need.
    Posted by Piru[/QUOTE]

I like you.

And for what it is worth, the teacher comment came from one of the beebees most of us have been telling to shut up for a while now.
  • Idea: Snarky Christian Wedding Board. Imagine the opportunities.Now I am going to feel guilty about that joke for a few minutes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:6eada6d8-cebb-402e-b416-283bc5469b6e">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Idea: Snarky Christian Wedding Board. Imagine the opportunities.Now I am going to feel guilty about that joke for a few minutes.
    Posted by key721[/QUOTE]

I would dominate. I got my masters in what was basically religion. Yeaahhhhhhh
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:feea2746-5f5b-4f1e-a864-53bbdc1f383a">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE] So joining, I envisioned snarky brides being blunt and no nonsense with a heavy dose of sarcastic humor thrown in.

Instead, this is what happens. Someone posts, everyone else picks apart both the OP and the subsequent posts and fights over every little thing.
    Posted by Piru[/QUOTE]

I think the first part is what happens.  However, the whiny newbs get all "wahhhhh it's supposed to be the happiest day of our liiiiiiiiiiiiiivesssss" and start justifying why they're allowed to be rude biitches, and then the second part happens...because we're being sarcastic and ridiculous.

I've 'hung out' with a lot of the regs on here and we understand each other's brand of sarcasm.  Perhaps it's not as noticeable to other people, but I'm always highly amused and eagerly await their replies.  And stick around to see what they say!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I lurk here too.  I'm on tk message boards almost all day cause of my lame job and I actually went WAY back on the posts on this board and I noticed how it gradually changed. I feel like a lot of the posts on here should go in Wedding Woes. Still, its entertaining.

I kind of figured out who the regs are on this board (stalker I know) but what I noticed is when newer girls post straight up mean stuff off the bat, and I think its to "fit in" and be considered snarky or clever. OR the new girls who think the regs are too harsh and will attack THEM right off the bat because they feel they need to come to the rescue of some of these silly girls. Noticed that a lot lately and that seems to be where most of the "fighting" and hurt feelings start.

And I don't know about my dictionary's credibility but I get "sharply critical" to define snarky, but then again I'm no genius.
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:b29f1d55-f7c2-494e-bc1d-4c4905d6c95c">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would actually appreciate more snark, and less ripping...but that's just me. ..
    Posted by jaimed99[/QUOTE]
    I guess that's how I feel about it too. Ah well, maybe I'll get used to it and see more of the snark as I get to know people.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • Hey, when I went to add this board to my favorites, IE bookmarked it as:

Snarky Brides Message Board – Sarcastic Brides Community – Off Beat Brides Forums

Jus' sayin'.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:deb22698-ef7b-4bd2-94be-8c57c7a5def2">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jaime, I like you.  There have been a few other cool Jaimes in tk history and it looks like you'll be keeping in the tradition.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

<div>Awww, well thank you...I can only hope to keep up the tradition of amusingly snarky Jaimes :)</div>
  • "Annoying" and "Annoyed" mean two different things.  Think about it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:75c9665a-e591-429a-af74-628c8e740698">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Annoying" and "Annoyed" mean two different things.  Think about it.
    Posted by Emmy87[/QUOTE]
    This exactly.
  • Just FYI for everyone:
    According to Urban Dictionary "sophistry is obsessive thinking out loud. it is an attention seeking behaviour that loners or so called "philosophers" use to attract other people and make them listen to their non-sense crap."

and snarky is "A witty mannerism, personality, or behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually accepted as a complimentary term. Snark is sometimes mistaken for a snotty or arrogant attitude."

Not like Urban Dictionary is that reliable a reference tool, of course...

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:39b56206-3d3f-4643-87f5-b3aa79fa8a6f">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just FYI for everyone: According to Urban Dictionary "sophistry is obsessive thinking out loud.<strong> it is an attention seeking behaviour that loners or so called "philosophers" use to attract other people and make them listen to their non-sense crap.</strong>" and snarky is "A witty mannerism, personality, or behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually accepted as a complimentary term. Snark is sometimes mistaken for a snotty or arrogant attitude." Not like Urban Dictionary is that reliable a reference tool, of course...
    Posted by lisarose7[/QUOTE]
    No way. Oh the irony...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:242dd8e6-5c7e-4ee4-aca6-ae51f2fd6908Post:5e1a9219-537e-4def-9ea6-4a33344f472f">Re: Snarky??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Snarky?? : No way. Oh the irony...
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

I thought you'd appreciate that. :)

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • From the cases I've seen its not the brides who disagree that offend. Its the brides who start attcking the poster, thats when its gets offensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards