Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Anyone here using Gondola Adventures in Irving (Las Colinas)?

We're doing an outdoor ceremony at the end of May, through Gondola Adventures on Mandalay Canal in Irving...  The bridal party arrives at the ceremony site via Venetian-style gondola, the Gondolier officiates the ceremony, and the bride and groom depart the wedding in the Gondola for a 30-45 minute cruise before heading to the reception venue...

the price seems extremely reasonable, we've met with one of the Gondoliers/officiants and like him a lot... I'll be putting money down on them this evening, and am wondering;  has anyone here ever dealt with them?   I'd be interested in your thoughts/opinions...

Thanks!
Marion
Marrying Richard on May 28th, 2011

Re: Anyone here using Gondola Adventures in Irving (Las Colinas)?

• Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi there.. FI proposed using them. from my end, they were good. i think they took an extremely long time to get the gondola prepared. FI actually flew in from atlanta to surprise me and i think we ended up having to was 20 minutes for them to get everything ready (not that i minded since i was crazy surprised) 

not sure if you wanted to know anything else... it was unique and i had fun! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No experience with them... just a logistical question..

I think the idea sounds really unique and neat, but 45 minutes seems like a long time to have your guests wait after the ceremony and before you arrive to your reception.    Will you set aside even more time for pictures before/after the gondola ride??
  • Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yes-- what happens if the weather is bad? is there a back up plan? we also sailed at 7pm on that weekend last year... the weather was perfect that particular weekend but it would have been extremely warm if it was not sunset
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_anyone-here-using-gondola-adventures-irving-las-colinas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0aff03c7-4a05-41bf-a3a9-e2d571094c3cPost:967177d3-e83d-4361-9fc8-f0c6eb46bc34">Re: Anyone here using Gondola Adventures in Irving (Las Colinas)?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No experience with them... just a logistical question.. I think the idea sounds really unique and neat, but 45 minutes seems like a long time to have your guests wait after the ceremony and before you arrive to your reception.    Will you set aside even more time for pictures before/after the gondola ride??
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]
    ^
    This.  I wouldn't want my guests to wait that long. 
  • Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got engaged on the Gondola! I loved it. We had a dinner cruise during sunset. I enjoyed it.

Yes, do they have a backup for rain? Where are you having your reception?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards