Snarky Brides

Old school slow jams (poll-ish)

You know how you'll go to look up one thing on YouTube, and then 3 hours later you're still watching old music videos? So that happened to me recently, and since then I've been on an early 90's R&B kick. Like "Weak" by SWV, "Back at One" by Brian McKnight, pretty much anything by Boyz II Men, "Vision of Love" by Mariah, that kind of stuff.

What old school slow jams still get you every time? Any that take you back to 9th-grade homecoming? ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)

• Purple Rain
    Crazy for You

brain's not fully engaged - will come up with more.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Ooh, good ones Missy! Going with the 80's theme, "Eternal Flame" was my favorite from back then.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Oh snap. I loved Eternal Flame.

•  "Lately"- Jodeci
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I heard the Matchbox 20 song "Push" last night on the radio. I totally rocked out. Then "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind came on and FI and I could both recall the stages in our lives when we were listening to that CD. I still know every word of every song from that album.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Sigh, 9th grade was 6 years ago for me...
  • Steph, I love that song!

"Anywhere" by 112
    "Ex Factor" by Lauryn Hill
    "Anytime, Anyplace" by Janet Jackson

• LC, "Push" always takes me back too. They did an acoustic version of it that was pretty sweet too.

• Ok I'm old so mine would be

"With this Ring" by Shalimar
    Journeys- Open Arms
    Babe-Styx
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ohhh Matchbox 20.

I'm also a fan of anything Howie Day, or Eagle Eye Cherry or Gin Blossoms. (I really could go on forever here.)
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply

::holds and waves cigarette lighter::
  • No worries, KD, and you're not old. :) Mine are spanning decades. I still think "I Only Have Eyes For You" by The Flamingos is one of the sexiest songs ever. And I wasn't even alive back then.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:8b1a0c2b-bcba-4d02-946d-438a371757b4">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]No worries, KD, and you're not old. :) Mine are spanning decades. I still think "I Only Have Eyes For You" by The Flamingos is one of the sexiest songs ever. And I wasn't even alive back then.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Actually I prefer Art Garfunkel's version, I used to roller skate to it.

My music taste ranges quite a bit. My MP3 has everything from Bobby Brown- Tender Rony. To Rebas- To make you love me. Oh and Toto's whole Toto album.
  • Meg, I want to stand with you on a mountain, and bathe with you in the sea.

Steph, I met Eagle Eye Cherry (and I have a picture with him too). I saw him perform in Denver in '99 at a small venue, and afterward he came out the front and hung out with people. No one ever knows who he is when I tell the story nowadays. I'll try to find the pic to post, need to scan it first.

• I just downloaded "Dont Disturb this Groove by The System
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:1b196d49-fd7a-4df7-a65d-22e1506b6cd3">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I heard the Matchbox 20 song "Push" last night on the radio. I totally rocked out. Then "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind came on and FI and I could both recall the stages in our lives when we were listening to that CD.<strong> I still know every word of every song from that album.</strong>
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I knew I loved you.

3eb is my favorite band. 
  • Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back = make out session with my 8th grade boyfriend under the rec center stage yeaaaaaaaaaah
  • edited August 2010
    Haha, Tender Roni!! I love that song.

Okay, here's me with Eagle Eye Cherry in 1999. He was super cute in person and very nice. I'm on the left in the jacket and near-faded jeans.

ETA: Yes, the jeans make me look like I might have a penis. Cut me some slack, low-rise jeans had JUST started to come back and I didn't have any yet. ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:47430c50-9b9a-49ed-bde7-69b971da515c">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, Tender Roni!! I love that song. Okay, here's me with Eagle Eye Cherry in 1999. He was super cute in person and very nice. I'm on the left in the jacket and near-faded jeans.

You're so cute!

When we were doing our wedding Ipod DH had to put a halt to my list, I had some really old ones.
    I still have a DeBarge album. And I love Babyface. Johnny Gill, and I have a huge collection of single cassettes. Old R&B is my favorite.
  • Ah, cassettes. Now you're really taking me back. :) Does anyone remember Tevin Campbell from 1992-ish? I used to have such a crush on him. And ABC (Another Bad Creation).

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:c10bc3ac-3376-42fd-a507-d36c8cc3643e">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back = make out session with my 8th grade boyfriend under the rec center stage yeaaaaaaaaaah
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

How awesomely dramatic. I feel like it's required to wear wispy clothes and have the wind blowing through your hair if you're gonna make out to that song.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:823dee9d-c76f-4cc2-8e94-9e834b75252a">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, cassettes. Now you're really taking me back. :) Does anyone remember Tevin Campbell from 1992-ish? I used to have such a crush on him. And ABC (Another Bad Creation).

Yes I have him on single cassette also. Now I'm drawing a blank, remind me of the song now.

I like to buy the Body and Soul collections on CD.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:c705ad9d-0a3f-4b42-b420-6f29f8215c1e">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish) : How awesomely dramatic. I feel like it's required to wear wispy clothes and have the wind blowing through your hair if you're gonna make out to that song.

Well, I can't say that was quite the case, but there was a scrunchi on my wrist, a hemp necklace and copious amounts of glitter bonnebelle lipgloss/eyeshadow involved, just sayin'
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:77626203-301c-4455-939a-ef2461e54d91">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish) : Yes I have him on single cassette also. Now I'm drawing a blank, remind me of the song now. I like to buy the Body and Soul collections on CD.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Hmm, he sang a ballad called "Tell Me What You Want Me To Do" and some other stuff I can't remember right now. I just remember he was cute! Pretty sure he had the box top and fade going on.

Ooh, good collection! The BET Hits collections were pretty good too.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:51b90d43-68b2-4ffa-8220-6809c35a8ed7">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish) : Hmm, he sang a ballad called "Tell Me What You Want Me To Do" and some other stuff I can't remember right now. I just remember he was cute! Pretty sure he had the box top and fade going on. Ooh, good collection! The BET Hits collections were pretty good too.

I used to love the BET channel.

Thats the song I have. I also remember a song by another group called the Kissing Game.Do you remember that one?
  • I actually just listened to my Off the Hook CD from 10th grade yesterday because I'm sick of everything else right now. Think...

Uh Huh - B2K
    Video - India.Arie
    Let's Stay Home Tonight - Joe
    Raise Up - Petey Pablo
    Bumpin' Me Against the Wall - Mystikal

I was so gangsta.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_old-school-slow-jams-poll-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2552f400-9ead-4056-9f82-95ce5510142bPost:64428eda-fb37-472b-89b4-ded63167a460">Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Old school slow jams (poll-ish) : Well, I can't say that was quite the case, but there was a scrunchi on my wrist, a hemp necklace and copious amounts of glitter bonnebelle lipgloss/eyeshadow involved, just sayin'
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Ohhh I miss my glitter eyeshadows (but I do still stock up on Bonnebelle chapstick because it tastes so good)!! But everytime I think of scrunchies now I think of that Sex and the City episode. And side ponytails.
  • Tevin Campbell - Can we talk ?

Babyface - When can I see you again ?

KC & JoJo - All my life

Keith Sweat - Nobody

Toni Braxton: I get so High

Brandy & Boyz to Men - Brokenhearted

Monica - For you I will 
  • I wanna sex you UP- Color Me Badd
    Knockin' boots- H Town

Me & Mrs. Jones- Marvin Gaye? 
    I think we're along now- Tiffany?