Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M

I am upset that my oldest friend who just got engaged decided to get married the same day as me. I am not mad at her but I am upset. Now I may have to change my date to 1 year later. She is suppose to do everyone's hair for my wedding.
On the bright side I will be able to save more money and may be able to get things that I couldn't before. Stay positive stay positive!!!

Re: B&M

• Options
    edited December 2011

Not to be a negative nelly, but she obviously isn't a very good friend if she committed to do hair/makeup for your wedding and has backed out.

Why would you have to have your wedding an entire year later?  That seems a bit drastic.

• Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The specific date means a lot to me so I would like to keep the date. Plus I was stressing about the money by this October. It would keep my stress levels down knowing that I have more time to save money!

In her defense- She was going to do my hair no matter when I decided to get married. I told her of my date and she said that was the same date they were thinking of. She just told me this weekend that they have decide to go ahead with the same date. I would have thought that we'd talk about moving our dates ot something. I told her that I would be sad if we couldn't attend each other's wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.. so you are happy then that you get to have more time/ save more before the wedding? Which is a good thing right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wasn't there a movie about this...or was that the same place, not the same date. I can't remember. 

At any rate, I'm sorry you had to move your wedding back a whole year. I'm sure you're very disappointed. I would be upset too, I think you have every right to be upset. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b476701-3a7b-41f4-ba25-01dfb2b238afPost:f6bc37f8-b805-4f72-91b0-c77c117c560f">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wasn't there a movie about this...or was that the same place, not the same date. I can't remember.  At any rate, I'm sorry you had to move your wedding back a whole year. I'm sure you're very disappointed. I would be upset too, I think you have every right to be upset. Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Bride Wars?  I believe it was the same date and place and possibly time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b476701-3a7b-41f4-ba25-01dfb2b238afPost:02fd7382-0a3e-4f32-97e4-7dc4ca6f883d">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M : Bride Wars?  I believe it was the same date and place and possibly time.
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>YES! Thank you. That was driving me nuts. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This may be a stupid suggestion, but I'm going to throw it out there.

Since you were the one who was engaged first, and had your date set in stone first, why shouldn't SHE be the one to move her date back a year?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, you're mad that your friend chose the same date as you.  But, you are happy because it gives you more time to save money.  How is this a B&M?  And why is such a huge B&M that you had to create a new thread and not just post in the B&M Monday thread?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did she give any reason why she had to pick that day?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b476701-3a7b-41f4-ba25-01dfb2b238afPost:703364f5-c7fd-41cb-abcb-ad4e77e57d7f">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, you're mad that your friend chose the same date as you.  But, you are happy because it gives you more time to save money.  How is this a B&M?  And why is such a huge B&M that you had to create a new thread and not just post in the B&M Monday thread?
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

It sounds like she's annoyed but trying to look on the bright side?  The last part though I have no idea.
  • Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right- I kept saying to myself this weekend "That was my date, that was my date." My FI and I haven't talked about moving it an entire year. We only spoke about it being in the same date. It is an important date for the two of us but I don't think he will want to wait that long. He never wanted a long engagement.
    I am trying to be positive. I try to look at the bright side of things and keep the negativity away. I won't have to put so much on my credit cards.
    I didn't see the other B&M thread at the time. I actually posted in it a few moments after I made my thread.
  • Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b476701-3a7b-41f4-ba25-01dfb2b238afPost:02fd7382-0a3e-4f32-97e4-7dc4ca6f883d">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M : Bride Wars?  I believe it was the same date and place and possibly time.
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

I saw the movie but I can't remember who was in it. Wasn't it two sister's?
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b476701-3a7b-41f4-ba25-01dfb2b238afPost:4455a18e-a1ec-4768-baa7-3772f0c0ca8e">Re: B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M : I saw the movie but I can't remember who was in it. Wasn't it two sister's?
    Posted by jenngb[/QUOTE]

They were BFF's who used to go to tea at the Plaza with their mothers every year.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anne Hathaway &  Kate Hudson
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards