Snarky Brides
Options

Well this is fvcked up

I'm home from my new year "celebration" already.

Tim has been helping his best friend with a home improvement project for the past couple of days so the plan was for me to just meet him there tonight after they were done working.

So I get there and I'm pretty tired (backstory: my doc said with the fertility injections that I can have no more than one cup of coffee per day. For almost 17 years I've had a 2 pot per day habit, so this transition has been a bit rough). Anyway, so his BF starts ragging on me about how I can't hang and it won't hurt anything if I have a cup of coffee.

So I said something like "I just paid the doctor $3k and I'm certainly not going to screw that up over a cup of coffee" at which point he proceeded to blow everything out of proportion. He and Tim got into an argument (because obviously Tim is on my side) and then things kind of cooled down.

I was still pissed and offended, so rather than crash out on his couch and wait for Tim to wake me up (I'm the designated driver) I decided to just come home and have Tim call me when he's ready.

I should also add that Tim did offer to come home with me, but I told him to stay because him leaving would have just caused an even bigger problem.

They've been best friends for like 20 years and I don;t want him to have problems with his BF if I happen to lose my temper and let him have a piece of my mind.

End rant
imageimage

Re: Well this is fvcked up

• Options
    holy crap that was a novel. Oops
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  I know people like that (the kind who would offer you a cigarette even though they darn well know you're trying to quit).  I think they just don't "get it".

I'm sorry there was drama though.
  • Options
    That's sucks. I'm sorry his friend is such a jerk.
  • Options
    Aww, that's sucky! Good for you for sticking to your ground though. Sounds like the BF was being a brat. Well, I'll be home - I'll ring in the new year with you :)
  • Options
    He's one of those people that are ALWAYS right. i'm super moody and I figured it was best to just leave rather than say something that I can't take back
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_well-this-fvcked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29167586-20d5-40b7-afb0-6f705f3956d5Post:da1ab078-6bcd-4b4a-94ff-3c66a676c29e">Re: Well this is fvcked up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well this is fvcked up : Ha! I'm too tired to go off on anyone :(
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Want me to drive there and kick him for you?  i'm feeling ornery
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_well-this-fvcked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29167586-20d5-40b7-afb0-6f705f3956d5Post:5990aa6e-f304-4a67-9037-34808ef6289b">Re: Well this is fvcked up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well this is fvcked up : Want me to drive there and kick him for you?  i'm feeling ornery
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Yes please. I love me some ornery Anna
    imageimage
  • Options
    That was probably good to remove yourself from the situation... That really sucks, though. Poo on BF.

I fart in his general direction.
  • Options
    I wish diarrhea upon this friend.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_well-this-fvcked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29167586-20d5-40b7-afb0-6f705f3956d5Post:497ff4a3-064d-4e1e-96a1-e85131cd9f4b">Re: Well this is fvcked up</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish diarrhea upon this friend.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

And this is why my love for you will never die
    imageimage
  • Options
    Haha, it better not.  But for real, what an asshat.
  • Options
    Asshat indeed. Sometimes he's a cool guy, but when things like tonight happen it just reminds me of all the other douchey things he's said.

Tim sees it too, but they've been friends pretty much forever and I think he just puts up with his crap to have a Saturday night drinking buddy (because I can't hang)
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_well-this-fvcked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29167586-20d5-40b7-afb0-6f705f3956d5Post:e94a216b-7f55-4e2c-896a-85a1a0441038">Re: Well this is fvcked up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Asshat indeed. Sometimes he's a cool guy, but when things like tonight happen it just reminds me of all the other douchey things he's said. Tim sees it too, but they've been friends pretty much forever and I think he just puts up with his crap to have a Saturday night drinking buddy (because I can't hang)
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, Nathan had friends like that, too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_well-this-fvcked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29167586-20d5-40b7-afb0-6f705f3956d5Post:ea6b7fb8-b46e-4d8e-a5a5-c0c3ed8bbdc7">Re: Well this is fvcked up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well this is fvcked up : Yeah, Nathan had friends like that, too.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Had?

I'm jealous :(
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards