Snarky Brides

Confessions?

I confess that even though I'll be spending a lot of money for Christmas, that I'm going to buy myself a gift for once. I know I probably shouldn't because we're saving for the wedding  and all that - but I'm feeling selfish and I'm going to do it anyway.

Now you.

Re: Confessions?

• I confess that even though I should make more than I do, I haven't job searched at all.  Partially because the benefits here are amazing, and I'm holding out hope someone will finally realize how much freaking work I do and offer me a raise.  Unlikely, but I'm still hoping.

I also confess that I really don't want to hang out with H's family for Christmas. I just want to spend all of our holiday break with my family.
  • I am on my monthly and I am going to take a pain pill that my mom gave me later on tonight before we go out to eat.
  • I confess that through nothing that FI has done, I'll never feel like an equal partner in this relationship because I'll never make as much (or probably even half) money as he does.  I know this is my problem and not his, and I don't know how to fix it :(  I hate feeling inadequate and having to rely on someone else financially.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • (this is horrible)

Today it has been one month since our wedding and my confession is that today is the day I have finally started writing thank you cards.  BAH
    panther
  • I confess that I hope H gets a big fat raise so I can be a SAHM for a little while.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010

Keeping with the immigration kick I'm on, I'm absolutely godawfully terrified of the interview. I just know I'm going to burst into tears and then they're going to say no because they think I'm nervous cause I'm lying. Freaking. Out.

I also confess that while I've made 8 grand since I started working, I only have 800 of it saved. And my only real expense is gas, and I paid for my wedding dress. I'm highly embarrassed about my craptacular saving, especially since I have another 275 to pay for my medical exam, and 350 for my visa application.

I also confess that I asked my mom for help with the wedding as my Christmas present this year. Embarassed (ETA: She's already said she would, so it wasn't like zomg give me money! type thing)

• I confess that I'm thinking about killing my sister.  She's mad at me because my wedding is the day after her son's birthday.  I don't get it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am opting out of Christmas this year.  Between the new house and the upcoming wedding, I just don't have the disposable income to buy gifts for my friends and family.  I am making cookies and mailing them out in cute little tins, but they will probably be late because I didn't have a kitchen until last night and most of my baking stuff is still in boxes in the garage.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:bf458b7a-71ee-4b95-84ad-623c154ef1de">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm thinking about killing my sister.  She's mad at me because my wedding is the day after her son's birthday.  I don't get it.
    Posted by 1ofThoseDays[/QUOTE]

...Like, actually killing, or figuratively "hey I'm gonna KILL YOU!" killing?

Yikes!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:a93888f2-e845-43f3-98f3-bed2fc7fb1c9">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keeping with the immigration kick I'm on, I'm absolutely godawfully terrified of the interview. <strong>I just know I'm going to burst into tears and then they're going to say no because they think I'm nervous cause I'm lying. Freaking. Out</strong>. I also confess that while I've made 8 grand since I started working, I only have 800 of it saved. And my only real expense is gas, and I paid for my wedding dress. I'm highly embarrassed about my craptacular saving, especially since I have another 275 to pay for my medical exam, and 350 for my visa application. I also confess that I asked my mom for help with the wedding as my Christmas present this year.  (ETA: She's already said she would, so it wasn't like zomg give me money! type thing)
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Any - don't be terrified of the interview.  These people do this for a living - they know when people are just nervous because they're nervous, and exhibiting behaviors that indicate that they're lying.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • More like, "I will stab you if you don't stop calling me at work to complain.  I have a JOB.  I know the word is foreign to you, but leave me alone!"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:6ee05595-fc02-4e1b-af83-ddf7148398cd">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Any - don't be terrified of the interview.  These people do this for a living - they know when people are just nervous because they're nervous, and those people exhibiting behaviors that indicate that they're lying.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:8e41208c-4ed5-4462-8b59-2a06faf4c783">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]More like, "I will stab you if you don't stop calling me at work to complain.  I have a JOB.  I know the word is foreign to you, but leave me alone!"
    Posted by 1ofThoseDays[/QUOTE]

So, would that be, ACTUALLY stabbing, or figuratively stabbing...  :P
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I confess I'm also slightly freaked out because my grandmother told me my aunt and uncle are RSVPing yes for the wedding, and I haven't talked to my aunt since I rewrote her ridiculous and bigoted "Can a Muslim be a good American?" chain e-mail into "Can a Christian be a good American?" and answered no. 

It was supposed to be hyperbole to show her how ridiculous she was being with the whole anti-Muslim-and-therefore-anti-Obama-who-isn't-even-Muslim-and-whothefuck-cares-if-he-is-anyway thing, but it sailed right over her head. 
  • I can use my eye daggers.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:e6ebb13a-7ee8-4d37-b9c3-4a9aa0d478c8">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I'm also slightly freaked out because my grandmother told me my aunt and uncle are RSVPing yes for the wedding, and I haven't talked to my aunt since I rewrote her ridiculous and bigoted "Can a Muslim be a good American?" chain e-mail into "Can a Christian be a good American?" and answered no.  It was supposed to be hyperbole to show her how ridiculous she was being with the whole anti-Muslim-and-therefore-anti-Obama-who-isn't-even-Muslim-and-whothefuck-cares-if-he-were, but it sailed right over her head. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I *heart* you.  That is all.
  • I confess that I plan on doing no work today or tomorrow. Half the company is on vacation, our major deadline was last week, and I can't concentrate for anything. So I'm going to watch episodes of House, Knot and try to keep myself distracted enough to get through the day without crying. fuuck 'em.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ha Celles! I hate those type of people and I am a hard core "I can't stand Obama" Republican. Who gives ashit what religion he is?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:6ee05595-fc02-4e1b-af83-ddf7148398cd">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Any - don't be terrified of the interview.  These people do this for a living - they know when people are just nervous because they're nervous, and exhibiting behaviors that indicate that they're lying.

That's what people keep telling me. I'm trying not to freak out, but I can't help it, lol. I'm just scared I'm going to get a complete asshole conducting it and they're going to say no because of how long I stayed, because the border people sure thought I was lying then too.
  • I confess that I am kind of bummed that FI didn't take today off.
    We had 3 break ins on our street over the weekend, someone knocking on our door at 3am this morning, and I am sick. I've called the police 2 times already today because #1, weird guy rang our doorbell like 5x non stop until I came to the door then asked if he could rake my yard - but didn't have any equipment & #2, another guy on a bike went to my neighbors house, walked up to the front door, looked in, and tried to open the door; But when my neighbor came home, same  guy rode by their house and didn't stop.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I confess I spent too much this Christmas, and all of it went on my CCs.... I need a second job :(

Photobucket
  • I also confess that I know I'm not the only one in the world that knows how to change a printer ink cartridge.  Yes, I am surrounded by women who are...less than geniuses, but come on!
  • I confess that I've not told anyone (other than FI) that I got 2 amazing job offers last week, totally out of the blue, I've not been looking. I know a lot of people that are struggling right now, and looking for work so it doesn't feel right to rub my excitement in their faces. I know it's kind of childish, but I hate when I have something to be excited about and I can't share it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:d66ca4fa-f73b-432c-ac3c-fd0c9e90307d">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : That's what people keep telling me. I'm trying not to freak out, but I can't help it, lol. I'm just scared I'm going to get a complete asshole conducting it and they're going to say no because of how long I stayed, because the border people sure thought I was lying then too.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

That's a completely different situation, though.  Before, when you entered, it appeared to CBP as though you were using the VWP to actually live here, regardless of what your actual intentions were.  Again, they're basing it prior experience.  Just go in and tell the truth.  The fact is that you're going through the process to obtain citizenship legally.  You didn't realize the limitations of VWP, and it was an honest mistake.  CIS does tend to be a little more liberal than CBP, as CIS is the agency that actually MAKES the immigration laws, CBP just enforces them. 
  • I confess that I feel a little guilty about buying a new car even though my old one had 164,000 miles on it and needed almost $3000 in repairs.  But, I looove my new car.  :-)

Any, you'll be great.  If they want, I can give names of people I'd like to see shipped off to Canada to keep the counts even.
  • Oh here is one that will show you how ditzy I am

I was a bell ringer for The SA this weekend and I was the last ringer so I carried this whole thing into the grocery store to the service counter

I am less than 5 ft tall so you can imagine the looks I got. All the baggers were scambling to help me. I was then told I could have just detached the bucket
    Embarassed
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:8481e8c4-6ac1-4bf5-8cbb-8dbb614ad3fd">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I've not told anyone (other than FI) that I got 2 amazing job offers last week, totally out of the blue, I've not been looking. I know a lot of people that are struggling right now, and looking for work so it doesn't feel right to rub my excitement in their faces. I know it's kind of childish, but I hate when I have something to be excited about and I can't share it. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

That's awesome D, congratulations! I hope one of them is exactly what you're looking for :)

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:ba6e0f40-cb3f-4019-8693-311762adac5e">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I am kind of bummed that FI didn't take today off. We had 3 break ins on our street over the weekend, someone knocking on our door at 3am this morning, and I am sick. I've called the police 2 times already today because #1, weird guy rang our doorbell like 5x non stop until I came to the door then asked if he could rake my yard - but didn't have any equipment & #2, another guy on a bike went to my neighbors house, walked up to the front door, looked in, and tried to open the door; But when my neighbor came home, same  guy rode by their house and didn't stop.
    Posted by cha+ching[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG that's scary. Just keep your phone with you and a butcher knife in your hand!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2928d357-6ada-43f6-ab57-d7d7111a5e45Post:256a7701-18bf-4095-b57f-6e561adff5e6">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : That's a completely different situation, though.  Before, when you entered, it appeared to CBP as though you were using the VWP to actually live here, regardless of what your actual intentions were.  Again, they're basing it prior experience.  Just go in and tell the truth.  The fact is that you're going through the process to obtain citizenship legally.  You didn't realize the limitations of VWP, and it was an honest mistake.  CIS does tend to be a little more liberal than CBP, as CIS is the agency that actually MAKES the immigration laws, CBP just enforces them. 

Thanks Tide <3 I'm going to copy paste this so I can just reread it when I'm freaking out again in a month.
  • My dad can be a butthole. I'm sure that's no surprise to you all, but he pissed me off last week once again. This is more of a vent than a confession, but my mom had a dinner for me after I passed the SPHR. It was seriously the most difficult thing I've ever done as an adult and I worked my ass off to do it.

We were having dinner and my mom congratulated me on the accomplishment and my dad pipes in and says "yeah, that's great, but you need to know that if you ever want to leave your current job, you're going to need your masters."

Thanks, Dad. I told him that he needs to tell that to the 3 recruiters that have contacted me since I updated my linked in profile to show that I passed. What a jerkface.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards