Snarky Brides
Options

T&P Needed.....Im a Mess Over my Dad

So my dad lives OOT with my older sister and her family and he comes in town regularly to visit and have his 6 mth check-ups.  He came in town Sunday and I am so excited to have him here!  I havent seen him since Christmas and my dad and I are very close...he is without a doubt my BF and I love him so very much.  He called me just now to tell me that the Dr appt wasnt so good and they want to go back in to his carotid and balloon it open b/c there is very low blood flow through there. 

My dad has had a very long histroy of CAD as well as many other health issues and has had surgeries to open other blocked veins all the way from his ankle bone to his groin in both legs, his carotid and the scariest of all....his aortic embolisym.  My father has smoked his entire life and finally gave it up about 2.5 years ago...he is also a recovering alcoholic and I couldnt be prouder of him.  I have been by his side through it all....watching his alcoholic years was the hardest of all.  There are things I will never even share with my sister or the FI about what I have witnessed.  I dont want her to know that pain, I dont want her to know that sadness so I carry it all within me and press on.  I guess thats the protective sister/daughter coming out in me.

Right now, Im beyond a mess and I feel like I could crumble to the ground.  Im so scared for him.  I was bawling my eyes out in my car and the FI was just listening quietly, letting me get it out.  The reason this is so scary is b/c of the severity of the blockage.  If you picture the back of your neck/head, you have 4 main veins/arteries that run into your brain....well 3 of those are 100% occluded and can never ever be repaired which means he has just this one artery being the carotid on the left side that is supplying blood the brain....its closing up again.  Just saying that makes my heart jump a bit....Im crying again.  They want to go in a balloon it and my dad of course is being very re-assuring to me that is going to be ok but what if its not?  What if something happens to my dad?  What if my dad never gets to see his baby girl get married and have kids.  Im crying again.

I love my dad so much and I would give anything to make him better. I know I have to stay positive and I keep trying to tell myself that he is going to be fine but I cant help but worry and I cant stop crying either.  I know Im still a newb here and Im still getting to know a lot of you but please, T&P's are much appreciated right now.  I needed a place to let this out so I came to all of you.  It feels good just to talk about this and get it out so thank you for listening....it means the world to me right now. 

Re: T&P Needed.....Im a Mess Over my Dad

• Options
    Soooooo I am very relieved that the Dr's did not find any additional blockage of my Dad's carotid artery yesterday and everything is looking good for now!  It feels really good to wake up today and not be stressed, sad, upset, etc.  Its nice to have my old self back again and take a breather ;)

Thank you all again for your T&P and kind words along the way.  It feels good to know I have your support through all of this :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards