Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Weekend Chit Chat

What's everyone up to this weekend?

We have a cake tasting at Romano's today, which I'm pretty excited about.  FMIL text me early this morning that she's in Dallas. Wait...what?!  Apparently she tried to call FI last night to tell him she was coming in for the weekend to go to a funeral but she got his voicemail, which he has yet to listen to.  So it looks like my weekend just got a bit busier, but it's always good to see her.
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Weekend Chit Chat

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmmm cake.  =)

I am trying to convince FI to go crash a wedding at our church so I can talk to one of the coordinators.  We stocked up on various meats so we can cook all weekend, except for tonight -- we have reservations at St. Martin's!

And we are going to sit down and write thank-you notes for the party FILs friends threw for us last week.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have errands today and then I get to work on my tears of joy packets this weekend.  Yeah, exciting life, I know :D
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angelsong how did the tasting go?  I did not like Romano's cake at our tasting. 

If you are still looking at cake options, you should try Pannini's.  Everyone always raves about them.
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0d031014-6bea-47d8-80dd-011dfc68599aPost:2592ca67-450f-4dc8-87d0-765162bb1a5d">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angelsong how did the tasting go?  I did not like Romano's cake at our tasting.  If you are still looking at cake options, you should try Pannini's.  Everyone always raves about them.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

They were okay.  FI was not at all impressed with any of their chocolate cakes.  The almond amaretto liquer was good, though.  We tried Tabitha Ballard on Monday and neither of us were at all impressed so we were pretty disappointed.  Cake was super dry, frosting was very grainy, and the fillings left a lot to be desired (why did the dulce de leche taste like straight booze???).  Other people have liked her so maybe it was just an off-day.  Monday we meet with Ruth Robbins and we meet with Panini next Saturday. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0d031014-6bea-47d8-80dd-011dfc68599aPost:30c718c5-8f71-4dc2-b292-53b0dd663788">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmmmmm cake.  =) I am trying to convince FI to go crash a wedding at our church so I can talk to one of the coordinators.  We stocked up on various meats so we can cook all weekend, except for tonight --<strong> we have reservations at St. Martin's! </strong>And we are going to sit down and write thank-you notes for the party FILs friends threw for us last week.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Ooo, date night!! Hope y'all have fun!  I've never been to St. Martin's so you'll have to report back on that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree on Romano's cake.  It was just "okay".   I would definitely try Panini's.  They had so super yummy flavors!

I logged into my Etsy account today. I have officially sold 45 items.  This makes me happy :D
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    We weren't impressed with Romano's either, except for their pink champagne flavor!! Can't wait ti hear what you think about Ruth Robbins!! I just got back from the florist (also my mom's best friend) trying to finalize our tablescapes for the reception, we got throu 2/3 of our darn 31 tables. Kendall, what are you selling on etsy? How exciting!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, just graphic images for girls to do what they want with.  I got sick of asking people if they could just send me the PDF so I could make favor tags instead of an 8x10 print etc and people saying no.  I figured I couldnt be the only one annoyed with it.

Example:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto winechic -- Kendall, what are you selling on Etsy?!

winechic -- Hmm floral, I need to be working on that as well.  Still trying to decide if we are 100% confident with our vendor before we put down a deposit.  You have a lot of tables!  Are you doing something different on each of them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great Kendall!! I have no graphic ability so I definitely think what you're doing is great, and worth the price and frustration, @angelsong ~ yes, unfortunately our venue doesn't have the large traditional rounds of 8 or 10 since it's an operating winery, but lots of smaller tables, which is fine, until you start figuring out the expense of flowers for each table. That said, we have three different vignettes we are doing, 10 tables of each, and only 1 of those vignettes will be primarily flowers. The other two are either candle based or a hodge-podge of vintage inspired knick-knacks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0d031014-6bea-47d8-80dd-011dfc68599aPost:e27cd114-5625-475d-8775-03f007afafc0">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great Kendall!! I have no graphic ability so I definitely think what you're doing is great, and worth the price and frustration, @angelsong ~ yes, unfortunately our venue doesn't have the large traditional rounds of 8 or 10 since it's an operating winery, but lots of smaller tables, which is fine, until you start figuring out the expense of flowers for each table. That said, we have three different vignettes we are doing, 10 tables of each, and only 1 of those vignettes will be primarily flowers. The other two are either candle based or a hodge-podge of vintage inspired knick-knacks.
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

The smaller tables are probably REALLY cute though!  That's good you are mixing up what you are doing...thinking we will do the same.  Some candles, possibly some vintage knick-knacks (though FI hated the books for some reason, and those are my favorite), some flowers. I just don't have the ability to put everything together in my head so its hard for me to imagine the final product -- I've had to let my aunt take over that part because she can see the entire big picture.  I can't wait to see pics of yours! :)

Kendall -- ha, I started my previous post and by the time it went up, you had already responded.  Oops.  That's awesome though -- love the graphics.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011

I love when ideas come to me at random times :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    7AM was way too early to be working today.  Boo.  I usually don't come in this early on the weekends but since FMIL is here today and wants to do a very late lunch/early dinner, I needed to be done by 4PM at the latest.  Probably should have gone to bed before 2AM..........

Anyone have any good 4th of July plans?  I'm not huge into the fireworks and such but FI said he's interested in going to something.  The only good fireworks show I know of around here is Kaboom Town, but its such a huge hassle to go because its so popular and parking isn't great.  Any recommendations are appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0d031014-6bea-47d8-80dd-011dfc68599aPost:774a4fbd-9f03-4197-8029-a89c1e98692d">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning knotties :)
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

Good morning :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Southlake has their fireworks tonight in Town Square...pretty good show and not nearly as crazy as Kaboom Town I'm sure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going tomorrow night to Bedford. They always put on a good show :)
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0d031014-6bea-47d8-80dd-011dfc68599aPost:e4ffe55e-75fb-4b9f-bab0-7b69f9fee1ca">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Chit Chat : They were okay.  FI was not at all impressed with any of their chocolate cakes.  The almond amaretto liquer was good, though.  We tried Tabitha Ballard on Monday and neither of us were at all impressed so we were pretty disappointed.  Cake was super dry, frosting was very grainy, and the fillings left a lot to be desired (why did the dulce de leche taste like straight booze???).  Other people have liked her so maybe it was just an off-day.  Monday we meet with Ruth Robbins and we meet with Panini next Saturday. :)
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Oh well, the good thing about NOT liking a cake vendor is that you have an excuse to go try another one!  :)  You'll find the perfect one eventually!
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been working all weekend and I have to work tomorrow, but we will probably go to Fair Park Fourth tomorrow night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here and bored. DH is napping and I was just reading the new book I bought ... until I got one chapter in and realized it's about a wife whose husband has an affair behind her back. NOT what I thought it would be about. (The dust cover was a little vague). What a waste of $10.

I watched our wedding DVD finally, and wrote out vendor reviews -- those were my WR tasks for the weekend. Next up is getting my dress cleaned/preserved somewhere. So far that's been the hardest vendor to find!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got in my car after work, started it, and there was no A/C.  No fan, no cold air, NOTHING.  Fabulous.  Off to Love Field Auto it goes on Wednesday to see what's wrong with it. :(  I've only had it for for a few years... This car has been jinxed since day one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am proud of how "housewife"ish I was today.  I cleaned from floor to ceiling, made a yummy dinner and topped it off with a Strawberry, blueberry, and vanilla cream tart dessert :D

All while wearing a super cute apron.  Fun times.
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love fireworks and went to Southlake's tonight with my family! Had a really great day with them! I'm excited about relaxing at home tomorrow but I have to do a little bit of cleaning. Hopefully going to find someplace to see fireworks tomorrow night too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh how I love aprons Kendall! I think I have like 5 of them, and don't nearly do enough cooking or baking to wear them often enough!! @1fwdarlin ~ Grapevine has their fireworks tonight on the lake, and it's always a great show!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards