Snarky Brides
Options

Bridezillas update

So I had to talk with the lady either way. I felt the need to get the scoop when I had the chance. Turns out it is all real. They do not tell you to yell at people or act a certain way, they don't stage vendors or situations that will cause the bride to lose it. All of the girls on the show acted the way they did on their own.

It only pays $4000, which isn't really worth it. They also called another girl in Pittsburgh with the same wedding date as mine. I didn't act too crazy on the phone with the lady because I wasn't really interested in doing it anymore, I just wanted a chance to ask her if it was real or staged. 

ETA: Now I want to work on getting David Tutera here for my wedding. Laughing

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Bridezillas update

• Options
    I would love to have David Tutera!!!! I think you definitely made a smart choice in staying away from Bridezillas, everytime I watch that show I can't help but laugh and wonder why some people get so crazy and worked up over one day like that!
  • Options
    David Tutera grates on my nerves and makes brides look like classless dumbasses that he has to :save: but he does have a lot of money to throw around. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I think you made a good decision in not going through with it.  And it's nice to finally have an answer to the question of its legitimacy or not -- those girls really are just biitches to the core.  Good to know.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezillas-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:31ae35c9-1f71-4723-89be-e1609fcd054aPost:7d46dd6e-a4c3-45ea-a061-4ae288c33118">Re: Bridezillas update</a>:
    [QUOTE]David Tutera grates on my nerves and makes brides look like classless dumbasses that he has to :save: <strong>but he does have a lot of money to throw around</strong>. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

This is the nice part. I actually have everything pretty set up for the wedding, so I don't think I need him, but it would be fun to have the pampering he gives the bride. I also wouldn't mind a fancy new dress and dresses for my BMs
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I do have to agree with what Sarah said but the pampering would be quite nice :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezillas-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:31ae35c9-1f71-4723-89be-e1609fcd054aPost:7d46dd6e-a4c3-45ea-a061-4ae288c33118">Re: Bridezillas update</a>:
    [QUOTE]David Tutera grates on my nerves and <strong>makes brides look like classless dumbasses that he has to :save:</strong> but he does have a lot of money to throw around. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I think they do that to themselves when they sign up for the show.
  • Options
    I don't know what these bitches told you, but you should absolutely go on Bridezillas if given the chance.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezillas-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:31ae35c9-1f71-4723-89be-e1609fcd054aPost:f392ef65-562c-42b5-ba5f-3c7d42fdb90e">Bridezillas update</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I had to talk with the lady either way. I felt the need to get the scoop when I had the chance. Turns out it is all real. They do not tell you to yell at people or act a certain way, they don't stage vendors or situations that will cause the bride to lose it. All of the girls on the show acted the way they did on their own.   It only pays $4000, which isn't really worth it. They also called another girl in Pittsburgh with the same wedding date as mine. I didn't act too crazy on the phone with the lady because I wasn't really interested in doing it anymore, I just wanted a chance to ask her if it was real or staged.  ETA: Now I want to work on getting David Tutera here for my wedding.  
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

Wait....I need some backstory here.  Did you get in contact with them or vice versa?  I've always wondered how they found brdies to participate.

There was a chic from Richmond that was on B'zilla's and I seriously wanted to choke her for making RIC look soooo bad, she was one of the absolute worst I have seen on that show.  I think her name was Kendall.

David Tutera is awesome...he has such a beautiful for weddings

• Options
    Jas: everyone told me not to do it. I chose not to do it because I don't want the fallout to hit my kid or my future employment opportunities.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezillas-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:31ae35c9-1f71-4723-89be-e1609fcd054aPost:4e8fb7da-06b8-4e35-9784-fe57c5545f1a">Re: Bridezillas update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bridezillas update : Wait....I need some backstory here.  Did you get in contact with them or vice versa?  I've always wondered how they found brdies to participate. There was a chic from Richmond that was on B'zilla's and I seriously wanted to choke her for making RIC look soooo bad, she was one of the absolute worst I have seen on that show.<strong>  I think her name was Kendall.</strong> David Tutera is awesome...he has such a beautiful for weddings
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

This is the first one I saw.  I felt like driving to VA and b-slapping her for making Kendall's look bad.  Perhaps we could do it together? :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezillas-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:31ae35c9-1f71-4723-89be-e1609fcd054aPost:4e8fb7da-06b8-4e35-9784-fe57c5545f1a">Re: Bridezillas update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bridezillas update : Wait....I need some backstory here.  Did you get in contact with them or vice versa? 

I emailed them for the fun of it, never guessing they would call me back. You have to submit an application then they call you back for the casting. The other girl in PGH has a second audition call that includes her FI. Mine was just the initial call. I don't think they will call back. I wan't crazy enough for them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bridezillas-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:31ae35c9-1f71-4723-89be-e1609fcd054aPost:f10815ed-6e00-4172-bb90-a8ecfbdd3e09">Re: Bridezillas update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridezillas update : This is the first one I saw.  I felt like driving to VA and b-slapping her for making Kendall's look bad.  Perhaps we could do it together? :)
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

Yes...let's do it!

I couldn't believe how she treated that one BM by calling her fat and just putting her down in front of her other friends....she had every right to bitch-slap Kendall.  I found her on FB one time and really really wanted to send her a PM but thought better of it, if she was that crazy on the show then she could have very well shown up at my house...lurking through the bushes or something, lol

• Options
    I've met David Turtero, he's rather stuck up. I was not impressed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't know if I would have done it. It reminds me of that MTV's True Life: I'm getting married! When that guy from New Jersey is yelling at the limo driver and saying he is going to "GUT HIM LIKE A XXXXX FISH".  That guy will never be able to live that down...and hasn't when they showed him so many years later.

I'd probably say something and never be able to live it down. Editing does wonders I hear....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards