Snarky Brides
Options

Torn....

So I attempted putting this on the Just Engaged board but there aren't many people venturing over there these days so I figured I'd get some input from the girls over here. =)

I am having a tough time choosing between two dresses! I don't have many female friends and my mom and I have TOTALLY different tastes so I might as well give this a shot and get your opinions.

The first dress I guess can be described as a bit more traditional than the second. I LOVE the beading on the top.

The second I love because of the fit. It makes me look like I have hips!!! Which I generally don't... Well not as much. I'm a fairly tiny person (5'3", 110lbs) so curves are something I'm not used to. lol

I would love a bit of input. Thanks girls. =)
My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Torn....

• Options
    110 lbs - you bitch :)

I still love the second dress.  I think it's smokin.
    panther
  • Options
    I like the first one. They're both gorgeous though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like the 2nd dress because it's different. 
  • Options
    I vote for #2 also. But they are both pretty, and you look fabulous in both of them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment

The second one, definitely.  It elongates your torso and makes you look much taller than you are.  I would never have guessed from that photo that you're 5'3"!  It also accentuates your curves and gives you a very nice hourglass.  I think it's stunning on you.

• Options
    You look great in both dresses, just so you know ;)

But I love how you look in the 2nd dress.  Not everyone can pull off that shape.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You look great in both, but as you said dress #2 gives you curves, it is elegant and sexy and looks fantastic on you, I would totally vote for #2!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the second one.  I feel like I've read this before and everyone said they loved the second one (not sure anymore).  Regardless, I think it gives you kinda awkward looking hips.  I think the first one looks better.  But that's just me!
  • Options
    Both are beautiful, but I think the second gives you a bit of "oomph."
  • Options
    I like the first one better, but I can tell from your post that you like the second, so I choose the second dress. If all you really love from the first is the beading, but you love the way you look in the second, then definitely dress number 2.
  • Options
    I pick #1...I have never been a fan of other styles I have seen like the 2nd one.  I think your body looks better in the 1st.
  • Options

I'm down for the first one.  Both are great though good luck!

• Options
    I think you look beautiful in both dresses, but I like #2.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_torn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:33d6b810-852a-4f1c-8622-a947d99d9d97Post:8ecefd21-8201-4de0-8629-b1c133e89d4b">Re: Torn....</a>:
    [QUOTE]110 lbs - you bitch :) I still love the second dress.  I think it's smokin.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Wanna know how I do it? Running about 10 miles a day. lol Not as fun as you might think...

Thanks for the input! I'm going back next week to make a decision and I think this may have put me over. =)

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    As a horribly indecisive Libra, I actually have this poem printed out and taped to bulletin board at work:

Whenever you're called on to make up your mind.
    And you're hampered by not having any.
    The simplest way to solve the dilemma you'll find,
    Is simply by flipping a penny.

No, not so that chance shall decide the affair;
    As you're passively standing there moping.
    But as soon as the penny is up in the air,
    You'll suddenly know what you're hoping.

--Piet Hein
  • Options
    As the only guy vote in snarky brides, I'm voting for the first one, I think it looks more elegant which in turn looks sexier to me than the dress that tries to look sexy; second one looks great too though. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    #2 for sure! You look fabulous in the body hugging style, and I'm a fan of more modern dreses in general. I think you totally pull of that style and it is more unique. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOVE #2!
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Not to be all practical and stuff, but how easy is it to sit, and move, and pee in dress #2?

One of the gf's had to fully take her dress off to go to the bathroom, and since it had a million buttons at the back, she didn't get to pee from the time she put the dress on, at like 11am, until the reception, 6pm ish?

Both make you look fantastic, so either one would work very well!  I, however, like number 1 best.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both are fantastic!  Congrats on your hard work re: fitness, that's great.
  • Options
    #2 is fabulous. 
  • Options
    I love them both but #2 catches my eye more (in a good way).

Celles, that was always my dad's advice to make a decision. Flip a coin, catch it, cover it...now what do you want it to be?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm weird. I really like #1 better, #2 reminds me of a diaper around the legs, but it does make your waist look tiny! 
  • Options
    #2 - if you can pull off that silhouette, do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    #2 is beautiful!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I looked at the photos quickly and I immediately preferred #2!  I think the silhouette is gorgeous and I like the shape of the skirt.  I think it is a more modern cut while #1 is more traditional.  Both are gorgeous though!  So maybe think about what fits your style and the venue style better.  Or whichever one you miss more!
  • Options
    Suprisingly enough neither was very constricting. They were both pretty easy to sit and move around it. The first one is a zipper back and the second is a corset so the first would probably be easier to get in and out of....
    Flipping a coin may not be a bad idea.... lol

The girl that was helping me at David's Bridal had me wearing a pretty poofy slip so I think that messed with the bottom of the dresses a little. The next time I go in I think I'm going to use a more basic slip.

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

• Options
    I'm loving # 2- it gives you a gorgeous hourglass shape!
  • Options
    #2 - and you're wearing the dress not your mom :) So her opinion can be heard but it's you who will have to wear this for 8+ hours.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Options
    I like the first one better! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards