Snarky Brides

you guys are all total

Re: you guys are all total

• I'm sorry for the difficult students, Nates. It's unfortunate they enjoy being a pain in the ass. I'm happy for the nice ones though! I'm glad they could turn your day around at least a little bit.
  • Nates, that sucks. I hope you start to feel better soon and thinsg will turn around for those kids.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-total?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3740ac12-929b-4f7f-8592-a503c8ba929bPost:84b01784-59ef-4667-b0f9-2f8b80f4772d">Re: you guys are all total</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on my own for dinner tonight and I want nothing but carbs so mac and cheese is sounding amazing.  <strong>But it'll probably end up being grilled chicken and vegetables.  Or ice cream.  I tend to work in extremes.</strong> I'm thinking about calling it a day at work.  I'm working for a few hours tomorrow so that makes up for leaving early, right?
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh. I do the same thing.
  • I've heard of both, Nebb, but never seem to manage to be in the same place they are at the same time. Though I did see the Cupcake Diner truck on the QEW once, that was as close as I got.

I need to make more of an effort, especially for the grilled cheese mobile.

• I already decided to have soft poiled eggs and toast for dinner, its my "light and easy meal".
  • edited January 2012

Thanks, guys. The good ones totally restore my faith in humanity.  I love them.

I want a cupcake truck.

ETA: I will probably DD the job stuff just because I don't like to leave job stuff all out there, but I needed to vent it out.

• We don't have food trucks here either. I have been thinking about starting one, one day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-total?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3740ac12-929b-4f7f-8592-a503c8ba929bPost:7aa70d7c-0ad1-495f-b2a7-83cf5b45e294">Re: you guys are all total</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard of both, Nebb, but never seem to manage to be in the same place they are at the same time. Though I did see the Cupcake Diner truck on the QEW once, that was as close as I got. I need to make more of an effort, especially for the grilled cheese mobile.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

follow them on twitter or fb, that's how I know. The grilled cheese one was around the corner from my office once but I had no money (it was like the day before payday) so I couldn't go. I was pissed.
  • mmm toast.  Maybe I'll finally figure out how to bake a good loaf of GF bread. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-total?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3740ac12-929b-4f7f-8592-a503c8ba929bPost:8217c74d-aa5a-44a1-8a5b-55f121e43a44">Re: you guys are all total</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite cupcake flavor is vanilla cake with chocolate frosting.  I don't go for that fancy stuff.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Mine is the opposite - chocolate cupcake, vanilla frosting. Simple things. :)
  • I'll follow them when I get home. I will get a mobile grilled cheese one of these days. It's a new mission.

I'm outta here for a bit. I'm tired of working! TTYL, ladies. :)
  • OMG Steph I wasn't calling you ugly on facebook. I promise!
  • Do it ricks!! What kind of food?
  • Hmm I am not sure. It would have to be something people down here would eat. I would be open to ideas.
  • My FIL is from Israel and makes amazing Middle Eastern food. I think he should start a food truck. It would do so well! I'd work it in the summer.
  • I love Middle Eastern food!
  • Mmmm Middle Eastern food. I want grape leaves now.

Okay, exam is done, I'm out. Later! Enjoy the weekend!

• Shwrma, Gyro, Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Tzatziki, Chop Chop, Falafel, Hatzilim... and a bunch of others that I would butcher the spelling of.
  • I could kill for some falafel and tabouli right about now.
  • Ooo Tabouli too.

His food is incredible. His brunches are INSANE. The problem is that I eat so much that I literally feel like my stomach will explode.
  • Annnnd first world problems.
  • Lol I'm jealous, I wish I had better access to food like that but there isn't many places around here.
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    There is a different food truck parked by my work every weekday. Earlier this week I got Egyptian Red Lentil soup and Baba Ganoush from one of them that was fanfreakingtastic. There is also a grilled cheese truck. I only have had their regular grilled cheese with tomato soup but they also have a crab melt and other meat and cheese combos.

There is a cupcake truck too but I avoid them to preserve my diet! Sweets i can say no to easily, cheese is my weakness. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mmm I love Red Lentil Soup.

Nebb, if you're ever in Phoenix I'll hook you up ;)

Roxy and I just went to this awesome Middle Eastern place that has a tapas happy hour. Little plates of baba, hummus, tzatzki, pita pizza, falafel, scallops, etc. All for 1 dollar each.
  • There is a place by where I went to college that has the best hummus and taboli. I stopped there on our way out of town after visiting over Xmas break and got some for the road. I then posted pictures of it on FB to torment my old roommate who also lives far away now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMG, falafel. I'm so hungry.

I recently decided I only like greek olives. Black olives are so blech to me, and the Greek ones have the perfect amount of tang.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish we had any kind of food that came to us...I would even settle for a corn dog truck. lol.
  • i used to turn my nose up at corndogs. WTF was I thinking. I got one at Culvers the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Corndogs are a weakness of mine.  It's not helping that I've recently learned Sonic will make chocolate banana shakes.  That's heaven in a drive-thru for me. 

SB, any idea where I can get Turkish coffee in the valley?

• Mini corndogs are where it's at.  Especially from a bar, with extra-thick cornbread crust. 

Obviously I'm craving heavy bar food right now. ha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards