Snarky Brides
Options

Our first Christmas

K - I'm totally still too chicken to come out in the daytime, apparently (obvious vampire reference here.)  J&K (and a couple glasses of wine) have inspired me though....to not only post Christmas pics, but show myself on my siggy.

Tree still needs topper though.  We need to pick one out.

flash

no flash

little Mickey (FI's, all), little manger, little Wild Hockey ornament

aaaand...extra garland...what else do you do with it?

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Our first Christmas

• Options
    You know what I've noticed about everybody's trees?  THEY HAVE GARLAND.  Scott thinks garland is stupid.  :(  So I put it on my mini tree.

I like your window decorations!
  • Options
    Cute! I like it.

Kim- I never do garland, well not that kind at least (even though I like it) I always do wire ribbon.
  • Options
    I think he would veto ribbon too.  CHRISTMAS TYRANT!
  • Options
    You don't mess with Christmas! Garland and breakfast and ribbon for all!
  • Options
    Ribbon is pretty, just grew up with garland.  And I am a tinsel fiend....FI wasn't to happy about that one, but it wasn't optional.  We were already doing is crazy "put more than one type of lights on the tree" idea.

Thank you for the nod to the windo decorations - I'm obsessed with them...and didn't even put them all out.  I've had the same clings for about 10 years....yes, I put them back on their backings and pack them away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Look at you and Squishy all holiday'ed up!  This is the first year in a few, that H and I will be home at Christmas and I can't even get him to take the pre-lit down from the attic!  That'll be my mission for the weekend.

BTW - I like your tree!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_first-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caa239a-4a98-46b0-a63d-b22d01713ecbPost:485794ba-9890-41c9-92c4-cb2b6b2917e2">Re: Our first Christmas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look at you and Squishy all holiday'ed up!  This is the first year in a few, that H and I will be home at Christmas and I can't even get him to take the pre-lit down from the attic!  That'll be my mission for the weekend. BTW - I like your tree!
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Thank you much!- When I got home from class last night, FI had put up the lights outside to go with our peppermint, mickey mouse, shaped, blinking decorations he ordered.  I was not about to brave the freezing cold in the middle of the night to get pictures...maybe this weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an inspiration!  Ha!  I love your tree, it's so fat!  I also love garland.  I put it everywhere when I was younger.  It's what awesome is made of.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_first-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3caa239a-4a98-46b0-a63d-b22d01713ecbPost:7f52e66f-1323-4d83-97e9-dc2174f91c36">Re: Our first Christmas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm an inspiration!  Ha!  I love your tree, it's so fat!  I also love garland.  I put it everywhere when I was younger.  It's what awesome is made of.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

You are SO my inspiration!

My sister and I were in the talent show in elementary school...mom made her a star costume out of yellow cardboard and left over Christmas garland.  I played the violin, she sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - both badly, but oh so cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's an excellent use of Christmas garland. 

• Options
    Almost as versitle as duct tape - for Christmas anyway - nothing like stringing it corner to corner in my bedroom.  It seemed like the magic of Christmas when it reached and stayed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You just gave me an excellent garland idea.  It's totally going in the bedroom.  Brilliant!  I just drape it down the railing, ha.

• Options
    Swing from it at your own risk! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards