Snarky Brides
Options

*cew* - update re: H's job

H didn't get the job in Chapel Hill :( They e-mailed him and said that he rated "very well" on his interview, but ultimately they went with someone who has more experience.  Which isn't surprising really since he just got his AuD last July.  He's pretty crushed right now though :(

But, his interview in Charlotte (actually, Shelby/Gastonia area west of Charlotte) went well yesterday.  It will be a few weeks before they make a decision. 

Out of curiosity, what area of NC do you live in and what do you think of it?  I'm stuck on really wanting to live in the research triangle area, but I admittedly don't know much about other areas. I know that I should probably open my mind a bit and do some more research rather than automatically dismiss other areas. 

Re: *cew* - update re: H's job

• Options

Oh bummer. I'm so sorry that he didn't get the CH job. I know you both were really excited about that. :(

I live in Winston Salem which is in the triad area. I love it here. We are considered the City of the Arts. We have film festivals and artsy stuff going on all the time. We are also in between Greensboro and Charlotte and can get to either city really easily. It's about an hour from the mountains and 4 from the beach. I love being able to get to either in a day.

I actually really like the Charlotte area. There is so much to do there and it's a really beautiful city. All of the areas surrounding it are really nice as well. I don't know a ton about it besides the fact that I love the shopping and the down town area seems cool.

• Options
    Ha, H actually just now told me he found a job posting in Winston-Salem that he's thinking about applying for, so that's great to hear!  Thanks for the input and for all of your help!
  • Options
    Shelby isn't exactly the nicest place. I haven't read the stats in a few years, but last I checked they were tops in NC for murders and violent crime. Is the job in Shelby itself or Gastonia?
  • Options
    They have offices in both Shelby and Gastonia.  H would be working in the Shelby office, but we would most likely live closer to Gastonia.  That's good to know about violent crime...H mentioned that the town didn't look all that appealing, but said that the office where he'd be working in was really nice.  He didn't really have a chance to take a through look around.  If he ends up getting an offer, we'll go back down and spend a couple of days to get a better feel for it and see where exactly we'd want to live. Thanks for the heads up!!
  • Options

Come to Winston Salem! NOW!

• Options
    We'll see! :)  I will laugh if he's applying to the same place your FIL works.  But with all of the random IRL connections I've found with other knotties, I wouldn't be surprised actually!
  • Options

We don't have to worry about that. FIL works in Goldsboro which is about an hour east of Raleigh. :)

• Options
    Gotcha :) We'll see where we end up! I'm glad we both have jobs in DC in the meantime, but I'm ready to get out of here and settle down somewhere that we don't have to pay such an obscene amount of money for a tiny 1 bedroom apartment!
  • Options
    Well, best of luck to you guys!
  • Options
    Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards