Snarky Brides
Options

A gift from Mr. MFJ

This is an email I just got from him:

I opened a quick survey earlier that said it took about 5 minutes to do.  It started off and asked if I and then someone else in my household had suffered from a list of conditions (dandruff, athelete's foot, warts, ringworm, allergies, etc.).  So, I checked all that applied, and then it gave this long description of a condition that occurs in certain places which are generally moist on the body and cause red spots and lines, itching, discomfort, skin cracks, and so on.  So, I clicked No to that.  The next screen said that the condition just described was jock itch and asked you to go forward.  The next screen showed 6 pictures of people's rears and groin areas (with the person shielding their "parts" and asked me to confirm that I didn't have jock itch.  Fortunately, by clicking No, it ended my nightmare. 

Plus he was at work.  Double-win. 

Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ

• Options
    Yikes.  It wanted him to be very sure. 
  • Options
    Lol what the fluck?

This is both quite hilarious... and slightly disturbing!
    panther
  • Options
    OMG. He really needs to stop surfing the web. There is some scary crap out there.

Is he sure he wasnt looking at the People of Walmart website?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gift-mr-mfj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fe3b6ad-c918-48b2-83ed-e5514790d526Post:90af612f-61b3-4277-a36c-6efbd150ba95">Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG. He really needs to stop surfing the web. There is some scary crap out there. Is he sure he wasnt looking at the People of Walmart website?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

DED

His work has most blogs blocked.  I'm surrpised these Harris Poll surveys aren't blocked, too. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gift-mr-mfj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fe3b6ad-c918-48b2-83ed-e5514790d526Post:90af612f-61b3-4277-a36c-6efbd150ba95">Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG. He really needs to stop surfing the web. There is some scary crap out there. Is he sure he wasnt looking at the People of Walmart website?

That's why I rarely click on links here. Who knows what might pop up.

As for People of Walmart, I think the WM by my brother's college is the ultimate "People of Walmart" Walmart. He told us it was gross, but you have to see it to know for sure. As soon as we walked in we saw this huge woman wearing a very thin tube top that covered pretty much just her nipples with her boobs hanging over the cart, and sheer brown stretchy pants that showed off her polka-dot underwear completely. It was gross.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gift-mr-mfj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fe3b6ad-c918-48b2-83ed-e5514790d526Post:90af612f-61b3-4277-a36c-6efbd150ba95">Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG. He really needs to stop surfing the web. There is some scary crap out there. <strong>Is he sure he wasnt looking at the People of Walmart website?</strong>

Couldn't be. Those people never bother shielding their "parts".
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    haha that's funny and a great way to kill time at work! Don't you love when you think DH is going to tell you a nice story about his day, but then ends up telling you something gross??
  • Options
    I love it.  He's so serious that it makes it doubly funny when stuff like that happens to him.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gift-mr-mfj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fe3b6ad-c918-48b2-83ed-e5514790d526Post:318e5b37-e9a9-4e8e-86e7-1eba86fde178">Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ : Couldn't be. Those people never bother shielding their "parts".
    Posted by Shaye526[/QUOTE]

Sorry Shaye you are correct on this point.

Sesh- This is the reason I dont shop at Walmart and the few times I've been there within a few minutes I want out. I do see those people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MFJ, that made me giggle. Which made my head spin, but giggle nonetheless.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gift-mr-mfj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fe3b6ad-c918-48b2-83ed-e5514790d526Post:4b664e42-7450-46e9-b7a8-d3dbfe15ff34">Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ : Sorry Shaye you are correct on this point. Sesh- This is the reason I dont shop at Walmart and the few times I've been there within a few minutes I want out. I do see those people.

Haha, those people clearly have no shame.

I'll pop in there from time to time out of sheer convenience to grab one or two things.  But I always feel kind of dirty and gross when I'm in there and I can't wait to get out. It's just this overall vibe of sadness and despair in there.  When I walk in to Target on the other hand, I feel like smiling.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    We have 2 Walmarts close by. One is on a street with lots of strip clubs, skeezy hotels, and crackheads. That is not a Walmart you want to go to, especially at night. But we also have one in a nicer area around a lot of businesses, and you'd never know it was a Walmart. It's a hit or miss with each one, I guess.
  • Options
    My blood pressure immediately goes up as soon as I get through the double doors.  The only time I subject myself to the torment of going to Walmart is if I need tampons or certain craft supplies.  They are almost always cheaper at WalMart.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gift-mr-mfj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fe3b6ad-c918-48b2-83ed-e5514790d526Post:c78831b4-9885-477b-a613-eac705bef933">Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ : That's why I rarely click on links here. Who knows what might pop up. As for People of Walmart, I think the WM by my brother's college is the ultimate "People of Walmart" Walmart. He told us it was gross, but you have to see it to know for sure. As soon as we walked in we saw this huge woman wearing a very thin tube top that covered pretty much just her nipples with her boobs hanging over the cart, and sheer brown stretchy pants that showed off her polka-dot underwear completely. It was gross.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I feel as though you are referring to my college town.  I just really have this sneaky suspicion I'm right lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gift-mr-mfj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fe3b6ad-c918-48b2-83ed-e5514790d526Post:c0226704-3c44-4686-9cb6-82cbde045af7">Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A gift from Mr. MFJ : I feel as though you are referring to my college town.  I just really have this sneaky suspicion I'm right lol
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Would it happen to be in the same town as Busch Gardens on the west coast? The weird thing is that this gross Walmart is right across the street from a Target that is clean, bright, lots of happy people strolling around. The difference is amazing.
  • Options

EEEwwww.  That's frightening, MFJ. 

WalMart is frightening, too.  I saw someone recently who will probably show up on the website one day - large, exposed muffin top and a tiny t-shirt that said 'I do all my own stunts'.  And an angry scowl on her face (that is probably permanent) to go with her lovely clothing ensemble.  Oh, and she was probably in her mid-60s to boot.  That's why I go to Target.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I really love Mr. MFJ. To pieces!

I figured out the secret to my Wal-Mart in my new town. I go at 7:30am after dropping C at school. It's completely empty, except for a few old people. I like Wal-Mart at this time of day. Any other time and I'll drive the extra few miles to Target, though.
  • Options
    ha ha dangit!  I thought for sure I was right!  But it's only ~two hours away from there.  Ours is the same way, with target being two blocks down though - amazing the difference in atmosphere.  I could have sworn I've seen that woman before...  maybe it's her sister...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards