Snarky Brides
Options

Family cloth

WFT is that. I don't want to google.

Re: Family cloth

• Options
    its fabric toilet paper >.<
  • Options
    I want to say that it is cloth toliet paper that is reused.
     I think I remember this being discussed on the nest once.
     Also, ewww.
  • Options
    Thats fckn gross. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    WTF WTF WTF.
  • Options
    What prompted this question Ricks?
  • Options
    I dont even use single ply.  I cant imagine re-using tp.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HAHA ya it's gross!! It's pro GO GREEN... sorry but not this family..
  • Options
    WHHHHHHY.
  • Options
    Its little felt squares. Like cloth diapers for adults. I know a family who uses this. The H waits to take a crap until he gets to work so he can use real TP. The wife is all gung ho granola. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

To stop wasting paper? and um save money? ugh I don't know but I think it's gross!

• Options
    I knew thenest would be involved in this somehow!
  • Options
    I tell myself that all the hot water and bleach that I would need to have it not be disgusting would mitigate any enviromental benefits.

And what the hell is up with that dude who's not man enough to buy his own TP.  There is no way in hell I would let FI tell me I can't use TP.  When he tried to suggest using 1 ply to save money I told him I'd just buy my own and then we'd have two types of TP.  He let that one go quickly.
  • Options
    Isnt most TP made from recyclable stuff anyways?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OH GOD RICKS WHY!?
    panther
  • Options
    Erm. I don't understand the logistics of it...so you wipe your butt and then, what? Walk through the living room with a shitty rag on your way to the laundry room? Leave the dirty stuff in a pail somewhere? Gross. I'm so yucked out now.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_family-cloth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:401a1103-d4b6-4f1d-aec8-2e1989b6daa7Post:d904546a-c7a4-4329-88a5-23cc02cd9dd1">Re: Family cloth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erm. I don't understand the logistics of it...so you wipe your butt and then, what? Walk through the living room with a shitty rag on your way to the laundry room? Leave the dirty stuff in a pail somewhere? Gross. I'm so yucked out now.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

Right?  How is it green if you have to use extra water to wash it.  You certainly wouldnt thrown your shiit cloth in with the towels so it just adds another load (pun intended) of wash to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's my thinking, Blue. My "diaper/sanitize" cycle on my washing machine is 62 minutes long, with scalding water. Nevermind how often I'd be running that cycle. Yecch.

And, FWIW, I love DH but I don't want to wash shiit rags for him. Unless his arms and legs fell off, and maybe not even then.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_family-cloth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:401a1103-d4b6-4f1d-aec8-2e1989b6daa7Post:1d2dce71-fc42-48a7-86be-1c15f4408d14">Re: Family cloth</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's my thinking, Blue. My "diaper/sanitize" cycle on my washing machine is 62 minutes long, with scalding water. Nevermind how often I'd be running that cycle. Yecch. And, FWIW, I love DH but I don't want to wash shiit rags for him. Unless his arms and legs fell off, and maybe not even then.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

Yup.

But im a snob who uses Charmin Ultra Soft AND the wet wipe things.  My butt sparkles.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If having a sparkley ass is a sign of being a snob then I'm going to have to start walking around with my nose in the air.
  • Options
    I fell into a bedet once. I thought they were a great idea until that night.
  • Options
    This is wrong on so many levels. So very wrong.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No.  No way in hell I'm going to wash poop cloths. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_family-cloth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:401a1103-d4b6-4f1d-aec8-2e1989b6daa7Post:e53e5240-3a7b-4078-88a9-591302706932">Re: Family cloth</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like being ornery and getting some for FI. He would die if I came home with those. Nasty. He wouldn't believe me tho b/c he knows I'm not into that kind thing.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

but the look on the face would be priceless nontheless lol
  • Options
    Just buy a Shamwow and hack it up!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_family-cloth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:401a1103-d4b6-4f1d-aec8-2e1989b6daa7Post:266091f2-f914-4fea-9b65-e4ffa37312c8">Re: Family cloth</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Family cloth : Yup. But im a snob who uses Charmin Ultra Soft AND the wet wipe things.  <strong>My butt sparkles</strong>.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

This made me LOL.  I'm very happy for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards