Snarky Brides
Options

What champagne do you like with brunch?

Our caterer typically serves Andre' Tongue out unless we ask them to serve something else.  This is our only alcohol, so we want it to be good.  We'll have cranberry juice and orange juice and could have other juice at the bar if we want. 

The champagne we usually get for celebrating is too sweet for having with a meal.  Our plan was to get a bunch of bottles and try them all at once, but we're running out of time.  We were thinking maybe one of the Barefoot ones?  But we haven't tried them all yet. 

What do you think?

Re: What champagne do you like with brunch?

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2010
    LOVE... the Barefoot Bubbly.  I tried it after it won some award for best cheaper sparkling wine and now it's my go-to.

EDIT:  The Brut and the Moscato are my favorite 2
  • Options
    The Yellow Tail "Bubbles" is nice.  Not too sweet.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went with Verdi spumante.  It's light, and not too dry or sweet for people who don't drink champagne on a regular basis.  We had several compliments from people at our reception.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Martini and Rossi Asti Spumante. It is my favorite, but probably on the sweet side.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_champagne-like-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:407c5981-900a-4e9a-968f-33ff7f6d5748Post:e0b70000-1f09-4988-a6ee-961c4c018b6d">Re: What champagne do you like with brunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Martini and Rossi Asti Spumante. It is my favorite, but probably on the sweet side.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

That's one of our favorites, but yeah, I think it might be too sweet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_champagne-like-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:407c5981-900a-4e9a-968f-33ff7f6d5748Post:0d12f40c-4387-4b3c-95f9-ce5bc5325686">Re: What champagne do you like with brunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went with Verdi spumante.  It's light, and not too dry or sweet for people who don't drink champagne on a regular basis.  We had several compliments from people at our reception.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with that one, but it sounds good.  I'll have to see if it's available locally and check it out, thanks :)
  • Options
    Whatever will get me drunk.
    Nothing like eating eggs benedict whilst tipsy.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_champagne-like-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:407c5981-900a-4e9a-968f-33ff7f6d5748Post:44467bbb-fb22-4dea-a808-54eafe193346">Re: What champagne do you like with brunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]EDIT:  The Brut and the Moscato are my favorite 2
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Second the mocasto! It's sweet and champagne-y but not too sweet. I always keep a bottle in my fridge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I don't think a champagne that's sweet is bad to go with a brunch. People drink juice with brunch right?
    I don't care so much about what kind of champagne I'm drinking as long as it has pineapple juice in it. Mmmmmmm..pimosas.

• Options
    Hmm, pineapple juice.  We can add that. 
  • Options
    How much are you looking to spend?  I can probably recommend a few options based on price.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I'm not much help - because my only requirement for champagne is that it must be of the liquid variety :)
    panther
  • Options
    We toured the Shramsberg winery in Napa last year and the Blanc Noir is now my favorite. I'm not into champagne that much, but it was perfect. Not to dry or sweet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My favorite is Iron Horse, it goes perfectly with food--not too sweet, but doesn't have that mineral after taste that Brut and other dry champange usually has--but I've never bought it in a store, only at restaurants and bars, so I have no idea how much it really costs.  It's not too expensive in bars, though.
  • Options
    If you're willing to spend $20, look for Roderer Estate Brut. It's a little higher, maybe $26, but it goes on sale a lot. I love it, and I don't usually like champagne.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    when i'm paying, i like any australian bubbly...  when SO is paying, i go for veuve cliquot brut because it's fantastic.
  • Options
    I'm a Champagne hoar.  I love em all.  I'll even add Andre to fruit juice to make fizzes. 

My two favs however are Perrier-Jouet and Veuve Clicquot.  I also admit I like Cristal and Dom.....but every rapper singing about them all the time makes me like them less.  I know thats silly but its true.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_champagne-like-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:407c5981-900a-4e9a-968f-33ff7f6d5748Post:9a0967fc-9cc6-4048-b51c-1ad929e1974e">Re: What champagne do you like with brunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What champagne do you like with brunch? : We're willing to consider something up to/around $20/bottle. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Might be able to get Piper Heidsieck in the $25 range if buying by the case; it's very good.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_champagne-like-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:407c5981-900a-4e9a-968f-33ff7f6d5748Post:7f1e0568-df00-4830-bfa8-887deb942fdd">Re: What champagne do you like with brunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Champagne hoar.  I love em all.  I'll even add Andre to fruit juice to make fizzes.  My two favs however are Perrier-Jouet and Veuve Clicquot.  I also admit I like Cristal and Dom.....but every rapper singing about them all the time makes me like them less.  I know thats silly but its true.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

I've tried Cristal and Krug and didn't find them to be 'all that', I think rappers just like them because they cost a lot so they must be good.

My favorite all time champagne is Charles Heidsieck Blanc Des Millenaires 1995, it's about $95 typically; I think it's dramatically better than those $300+ bottles.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_champagne-like-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:407c5981-900a-4e9a-968f-33ff7f6d5748Post:6d5b27ce-ad37-4b39-9129-1026b10c4ac8">Re: What champagne do you like with brunch?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What champagne do you like with brunch? : I've tried Cristal and Krug and didn't find them to be 'all that', I think rappers just like them because they cost a lot so they must be good. <font color="#800080">My favorite all time champagne is Charles Heidsieck Blanc Des Millenaires 1995, it's about $95 typically; I think it's dramatically better than those $300+ bottles.
    </font>Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

I agree the only $300+ bottle I actually think is worth the cost is Perrier Jouet Rose collection of a year prior to 2000.  I won't spend that money on Dom or Cristal.

I also like Charles Heidsieck.  Its a nice choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards