Snarky Brides
Options

Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs

2»

Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs

• Options
    I don't call the safety of your home and neighborhood butting in. By what he said you obviously stand out to him as do the children and their family! Does he just want to stand by and wait for this poor guy to finally lose it? "snap"? If he doesn't get the help he needs he sounds like he's pretty close as it is.
  • Options
    pittypitty member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:4dc111c9-6b8e-42be-9be8-cd009f522ecc">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs : Jas - Thank you. I just actually called Santa Clara County EPS. I spoke to a nurse who told me that if he starts yelling again to call 911 and tell them that I have already spoken to EPS and they recommend a referral. I guess I waited too long to call 911 now because she said if he has calmed down the police may not see the same person I am describing and might not do anything about it.  I am actually really upset right now cuz FI is yelling at me saying to stay out of it. He is really angry. I told him that if children are involved it is different, but he is just not undertsanding. He thinks I am butting my nose in where I don't belong.
    Posted by alyssag721[/QUOTE]

<div>Your FI is an asshat.</div><div>
    </div><div>This man could HURT someone! Be proactive and PLEASE CALL FOR HELP!</div><div>
    </div><div>Sadly, our society doesn't get involved in situations like this anymore. A man beheaded a woman in Spain recently, in the middle of a shopping mall. He had a track record of violent delusions yet no one did anything. Well, no one did anything till he killed someone. </div><div>
    </div><div>Protect yourself and others. Call for help. </div>
  • Options
    We just talked it out. He was worried about my neighbor finding out it's me that called and turning his anger to me instead. I also think he wont say it but was upset that I spoke to this guy and made decisions like calling EPS without even talking to FI. So I can kind of understand him there. We hugged it out and he said he will support whatever I chose to do, just let him help too. Don't worry, he is not an asshat (or I wouldn't be marrying him!)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I feel like this is a soap opera. Sorry everyone.
  • Options
    No need to apologize. I would honestly have him come read this thread so he knows you're not just overreacting.

Also, you don't have to, but I recommend you remove the info. about which county you are in. Even though it's vague, this is still the internet and you can never be too cautious.
  • Options
    No need to apologize. I would honestly have him come read this thread so he knows you're not just overreacting.

Also, you don't have to, but I recommend you remove the info. about which county you are in. Even though it's vague, this is still the internet and you can never be too cautious.
  • Options
    say what? a mod dbl posted?? :) just joking making this a bit lighter.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:79d68175-55f8-4e62-a080-5f060e74ef2b">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs : <strong>Your FI is an asshat.</strong> This man could HURT someone! Be proactive and PLEASE CALL FOR HELP! Sadly, our society doesn't get involved in situations like this anymore. A man beheaded a woman in Spain recently, in the middle of a shopping mall. He had a track record of violent delusions yet no one did anything. Well, no one did anything till he killed someone.  Protect yourself and others. Call for help. 
    Posted by pitty[/QUOTE]

That was too far.

I can see where you FI is coming from since your last post and in ways I don't blame him. From your first post though you made it seem like he was just yelling at you for being a drama queen (figuratively speaking) or something. Still wrong for others to call FI/ Hs names IMO.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:c59b2bfd-05a8-43f0-8ef2-95d416f81f9f">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]No need to apologize. I would honestly have him come read this thread so he knows you're not just overreacting.  Also, you don't have to, but I recommend you remove the info. about which county you are in. Even though it's vague, this is still the internet and you can never be too cautious.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>Eek- thanks!</div><div>
    </div><div>And thanks to everyone for their advice, it really did help to know I'm not completely over-reacting, and I didn't know where to even start with all this. I have to go get ready for my e-pics, but I will update if anything interesting happens. </div>
  • Options
    pittypitty member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:167dae28-8b9a-4e44-9c9d-26095c155288">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs : That was too far. I can see where you FI is coming from since your last post and in ways I don't blame him. From your first post though you made it seem like he was just yelling at you for being a drama queen (figuratively speaking) or something. Still wrong for others to call FI/ Hs names IMO.
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

<div>No, it wasn't wrong of me to call him that. It's the truth. </div><div>
    </div><div>This is the real world. Her FI might not be an asshat on a regular basis, but telling her to "stay out of it" is wrong. Mental illness is dangerous, and going about and pretending a neighbor is not potentially dangerous has dire consequences. </div><div>
    </div><div>Please update us OP on what happens. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:7a3884d2-c680-4b94-ab66-57ce5b793f53">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs : No, it wasn't wrong of me to call him that. It's the truth.  This is the real world. Her FI might not be an asshat on a regular basis, but telling her to "stay out of it" is wrong. Mental illness is dangerous, and going about and pretending a neighbor is not potentially dangerous has dire consequences.  Please update us OP on what happens. 
    Posted by pitty[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, by that logic, you're an asshat.</div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously? He may have reacted inappropriately to this situation, but I highly doubt he's an asshat... especially given the OP's follow up.</div>
  • Options
    OP, I hope everything worked out OK. Judging by the link that was referred to you, it sounds as though we're in the same area. I work with adults with severe mental illnesses (if this is indeed the case for this guy), and please PM me if you need any resources. The vast, vast majority of people with psychosis or paranoia (again, I'm not diagnosing him, just providing examples) are not dangerous, but it is good to be cautious. I'm glad you're trying to get him help and keep others safe... too many people turn a blind eye to situations like this.
  • Options
    pittypitty member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:d1d1102f-b941-4016-b995-a7b102327207">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs : Well, by that logic, you're an asshat. Seriously? He may have reacted inappropriately to this situation, but I highly doubt he's an asshat... especially given the OP's follow up.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>Takes one to know one. </div>
  • Options
    I thing people diagnosing someone they have never met over the internet is just as ridiculous as people calling others "crazies".

Pitty- relax
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:6b70c593-a942-4e6f-a205-d03bdada8c10">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs : Takes one to know one. 
    Posted by pitty[/QUOTE]

The 3rd grade called, they want their stupidly childish insults back.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:6b70c593-a942-4e6f-a205-d03bdada8c10">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs : Takes one to know one. 
    Posted by pitty[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm rubber, you're glue; whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.</div>
  • Options
    Nothing to add but that I think it's hilarious that the OP specified in the subject that it has paragraphs. (I'm not being mean to you, Alyssa, I just really do think it's funny.  In a good way.)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_update-neighbor-drama-long-paragraphs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40f37da0-bf6d-4bd5-8d1c-5a93cd12fca9Post:ffb179ba-01bf-4f42-9c4d-5f7b01019971">Re: Update On Neighbor Drama - Long, has paragraphs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing to add but that I think it's hilarious that the OP specified in the subject that it has paragraphs. (I'm not being mean to you, Alyssa, I just really do think it's funny.  In a good way.)
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha thanks. It really bugs me when a post is all one big sentence thing... it makes my eyes hurt, so apparently at 6:30 in the morning it seemed like a good idea to specify the structure of my post :P</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards