Snarky Brides

Hullaballoo?

Is there anybody else that really wants the final result without all of the hassle of the planning, coordinating, BM drama, clothing drama, etc...??  I mean, isn't this supposed to be a happy event about two people deciding to spend their lives together?  I guess if I really felt that way, I should have just said "you, me, a pastor, our parents and siblings, let's go!"... we just have so many family members and a few friends that would be offended to not be included.  I keep thinking of the girl my mom knows who was getting so stressed out, she cancelled the big deal, said "we're getting married with our parents only at a church Friday night.  Saturday afternoon, we'll have a picnic for everybody to celebrate", and that was it.  She's a culinary school grad, so she even did all of the cooking.  I wish I had the time/money/space to do that.

Just venting here... Thanks :)

Re: Hullaballoo?

• Aww try not to stress too much! Hope you registered for some aromatherapy candles or something! lol

I still have seven months to go, and I'm starting to get the clothing dillemmas and BM drama... so I feel your pain.
    But every bride I've talked to has said that, despite all the hell they went through to plan and execute their perfect day, they wouldn't change it for the world, and that it was all worth it in the end.
    I guess we just have to keep that in mind as best we can. Lucky for you, you have just two weeks left. Start getting excited !! Tongue out
  • Yesss I have a little over 3 weeks, and I ALMOST wish I did that. I loved planning it... but didn't really love all of the drama. Also I did everything over the top and feel like I could have saved my mom a lot of money =(
    But it will be beautiful and worth it! Thats what we have to concentrate on! Its gonna be so much more special because of all the effort you put into it! & wasn't all the other planning fun??
  • I think I love the planning (I love entertaining), but I don't love other aspects of it... I can't wait, honestly!!  I was just talking to my MOH on e-mail (my brother's GF, who I sometimes refer to as my "might as well be my sister-in-law" - she knows about it and thinks it's funny.  She's younger than I am, he's older, they've been together longer... I kind of wonder if we've stolen their thunder by getting engaged 6 months into dating, but I don't think my brother was ready quite yet... when she's done with grad school however... anyway, I digress) and we both just want the end result!  My FI said last night that so much of this is for my mom, and he's right... that makes it totally worth it.  I mean, not the drama, because I know she doesn't appreciate that, but getting to throw a beautiful wedding and party for her only daughter.  She's been paying dues at the country club to have a wedding reception and 3 rehearsal dinners (3 brothers), so we'll be halfway there after January 2!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards