Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

**stephiehall**

Could you tell me what your thoughts are on your DJ?  I checked out his website and I like what I see.  Did anything really stand out for you over the others you may have looked at?  We are still on the fence as to whether to do a band or DJ.  Thanks!!!
Photobucket

Re: **stephiehall**

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were scheduled to meet with 3 DJs in one week and we met with Glenn first and hired him on the spot.  We just didn't feel we would like anyone else as much so why bother?  He charges a flat rate for a Saturday wedding so you don't have to look at your watch or worry about overtime.  He stays as long as you want.  We told him we wanted a fun but elegant event and he got that completely.  He has checked in on me once already since our meeting and we'll meet with him again probably in September to give him our playlists and go over everything.Knottie Jen (jen&eric09 maybe?) recommended him.  He is doing a wedding at my venue in August so I'm sure my WC will let me know how he did.I would have loved a live band but FI (a musician ironically) said no!  They are pretty expensive.  Anyway, even though I have had my wedding yet, I recommend Glenn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *haven't had my wedding yet* I meant!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and another thing.  I met with Nine was very excited about them.  However, they did not bring one picture in their portfolio that I had not already seen on their website.  They were very nice but also didn't do any talking really, I had to ask all the questions, etc.  I did not feel the same excitement once I met with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mralpha, sorry to butt in (I also added this on the vendors post) but if you're deciding between Nine and Perez, Perez is the way to go.  They are amazing and I'm much more impressed with their work than with Nine's.  They have better candid shots, better posed shots, and better details.  At least that's my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Im actually looking in my inbox from photographers now.  I have there stuff and photography by Melissa.  Melissa's stuff looks good too and seems to be nicer on the wallet. do you know her work?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of her.  Her stuff is nice--but some of her pics look a little out of focus to me.I also love Jenny Martell (also not available on my date).My second choice photographer out of the ones I met with was Hillary Anne Photography.  She is young but I think her work is great.  And she's not as pricey (although she has already gone up since I met with her).www.hillaryannephotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of Photography by Melissa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this guy has a great site!  I love his photos and the song (not that it means anything to his work...lol).  http://www.johnhweddingpix.com/
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im suppose to be getting ready for the Rangers game...now Im preoccupied looking at photographers!  haha
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography was the HARDEST thing for me.  I met with five but must have looked at 500.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to butt in, but mralpha photography was the most difficult thing for me, too!  It was also the second thing I booked (after the venue).  The most helpful thing I can tell you is to contact the photographers and ask for a link to an entire wedding's coverage.  My experience was that a lot of photographers had impressive websites, because they only have to have 1 or 2 good photographs from each weddding to post on there, but when you view a complete wedding coverage, you'll be able to tell how/if those photographers were able to capture emotions, candids, details, artistic shots, etc. I say this because I looked at a lot of more budget friendly photographers who had impressive websites, but once I saw a single complete wedding covered by them, was able to eliminate 3/4 of the photographers I emailed.  That eliminated the need to meet with them.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ITA with Donna.  Hence, why I was so disappointed when Nine came to meet me with nothing. When I met with my photographer, I saw dozens of photos not on her website and they were all beautiful.  The first thing she did (without being asked) was set up an entire wedding that she showed me from beginning to end.  When she heard my wedding would be in candlelight, she immediately switched to show me some shots she had done in candlelight.  These are the things to look for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to butt in. Mr Alpha- I am using Glenn Roush too and my wedding is 9/6, I met with someone from Bill Codys Party Time and I thought he would be fine but wanted to meet with others. Then, I met with Stephen James weddings. He was definitely a pro and got me thinking that the Party Time guy was probaboy cheesy and just had a set wedding muscoc plan that worked well enough every time. However, Stephen James was so not my style. I thought he boarded on arrogant (although some people on here love him and I can see why) and really his thing is his speciality services- love stories, special intros of wedding party, his wife's wedding coordination- this was all so not my style or what I needed nor did I want to pay for it. Then I found Glenn thanks to JennandEric. I have no worries whatsoever about Glenn. He's smart and gets it. I think its going to be great. Glenn is very reasonable for me because I am getting a Sunday rate. Even on a Sat. he is right in betweem the other two and I liked him much better than Stephen James and Party Time which is a conglomerate of a bunch of DJs with poor communication- the DJ never ever followed up after we met and then the office assistant called to see if we were ready to pay or if they should release the date- ugh. FI and I left meeting with Glenn, looked at each other and said, we found him! Let's book him. He has an online system too where you can review music, etc. It's perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards