Snarky Brides

WOW! Talk about SNARKY!

So, I just started going into these blogs because obviously everyone around me is just about tired of hearing about wedding stuff, I on the other hand could watch every wedding program on t.v. ALL day long!
Well, I decided to be helpful and recommmend this lady I found on ebay that makes very cute, monogrammed wine glasses and offer it as a suggestion to those that are having a hard time finding bridesmaids gifts. I'll be darned if 6 brides didn't post what a horrible/stupid idea they thought it was and completely cut me up about it!!!.. if you do not like it, fine, but why would you be rude? I have also looked at other posts where the bride misspelled a word, etc and people go to town on that, saying she needs to go back to school? WOW, why would you be so ignorant? It just seems like there are so many MISERABLE brides on here! Geez, lighten up ladies!!!...this is an experience you are supposed to enjoy!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!

• And you came here to complain about it? I will never understand that.
  • Wow.  Good luck with this comment,  I take it you hanve't spent much time on message boards. 
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • Sure did. thought it fit well with snarky. And even you read the original you would see that I complaied about it on there too. Thanks, thoughWink.
  • No Lissy, I haven't! Who knew there were such snobby ladies out there!?? Not me, apparantly! haha! I thought we were on here to gossip as brides, not to pick eachother apart! Sad really!
  • Sorry you felt attacked, but I read your other post about the wine glasses and didn't notice anything rude or mean. I found the advice to be opposite - they were giving their opinion and some fresh feedback. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see one person use the words "horrible" or "stupid."

I don't know why you took so much offence to it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:879cddd5-b3b9-4957-8bcd-069811a39b8c">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sure did. thought it fit well with snarky. And even you read the original you would see that I complaied about it on there too. Thanks, though .
    Posted by christinaim[/QUOTE]

Snarky =/= Whiny

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • edited March 2010
    And whine:

To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
    2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
    3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch

Therefore, whiny=/=snarky

ETA:  I also commented on your original post--I didn't think anyone was attacking you, either.  Just relax--it was advice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:19b789bf-24b8-459b-9142-1253b19516d6">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Google much?? Snarky: It means short tempered or irritable.

Congratulations, you know how to point and click. I know what snarky means, and by you saying you thought your whiny-ass post about <em>the people who you want to read and respond to this</em> belonged on this board because it's "snarky," it is apparent that you do not.

But what do I know, I don't Google much.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • WOW. *high fives* to your men for putting up with you ladies! I thought I was bitchy, but you have me beat! Thanks for the laugh! Wink
  • Aw, looky there.  She feels sorry for our men.  Never heard that before! 
  • Unfortunately, my husband doesn't Google much either, otherwise he'd be able to look up a way to leave me. I'm sure he appreciates your sympathy to his plight.

• Nah.don't feel sorry for them...just *high fives*, that's all.

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:d1b56d35-fe06-4d61-a0fa-a752d3a3374d">WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I just started going into these blogs because obviously everyone around me is just about tired of hearing about wedding stuff, I on the other hand could watch every wedding program on t.v. ALL day long! Well, I decided to be helpful and recommmend this lady I found on ebay that makes very cute, monogrammed wine glasses and offer it as a suggestion to those that are having a hard time finding bridesmaids gifts. I'll be darned if 6 brides didn't post what a horrible/stupid idea they thought it was and completely cut me up about it!!!.. if you do not like it, fine, but why would you be rude? I have also looked at other posts where the bride misspelled a word, etc and people go to town on that, saying she needs to go back to school? WOW, <strong>why would you be so ignorant? </strong>It just seems like there are so many MISERABLE brides on here! Geez, lighten up<strong> </strong>ladies!!!...this is an experience you are supposed to enjoy!!

Maybe you should google the meaning of this word.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ok. I will. Thanks!
  • Christina, you're certainly a breath of fresh air!  
  • WTF happened to the snarky brides board?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Why did you delete your Google comment? It was the funniest thing you've said all day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:1218567a-1714-4c09-a2be-b861eb0175d1">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF happened to the snarky brides board?
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's been labeled somewhere as the Whiny Beebee Board. *shrug*

• How come the stupids always call these 'blogs'?  I didn't know my Grandma was posting here.  "Hi, I just found these here Internets!  I'm going to post on some blogs!  lol! ?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:b445c112-2adf-4a33-a6c5-d16de9550c72">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How come the stupids always call these 'blogs'?  I didn't know my Grandma was posting here.  "Hi, I just found these here Internets!  I'm going to post on some blogs!  lol! ?"
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Exactly! It's like how my dad is convinced that his email address is ted@hotmail.com. Or how old people call ATM machines robots.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:868671fd-dd83-4b0f-b264-7ecca33dea0a">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY! : So, is that an official definition?  You should totally submit it to Wikipedia.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

HA! TOTALLY!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:7158bac0-4f18-47ed-93fc-e6c0574725ad">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh wow, I hadn't read the OP. Brooke is 100% on the mark.  Please go back to playing with your My Little Ponies.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

NICE! I so will!
  • People, can't we all just get along?

• Nice blueeyed. I should put that in my sig. ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:2d4147c5-87fe-4046-84f7-fa1bfbaedb75">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]People, can't we all just get along?
    Posted by MomoKubiak[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute.  You go around calling people retarded and then want everyone to get along?  Pick a persona and stick with it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:16b714ee-b9ae-458e-a0f3-b5e605f1586b">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice blueeyed. I should put that in my sig. ;)
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Do it!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-talk-snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:461f17aa-c0dd-48d9-afab-79f5393f812dPost:2d4147c5-87fe-4046-84f7-fa1bfbaedb75">Re: WOW! Talk about SNARKY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]People, can't we all just get along?
    Posted by MomoKubiak[/QUOTE]

Obviously 'KNOT'!!!
  • STAGE!!!!  Come over to the thread on WP.  It's the biggest clusterfuck, but entertaining.

• Everyone here is a complete and total biitch!!! (Stamps foot with hands on hips while shaking head!)  I mean how could you not be overly in love with my idea!!!  How dare you make any suggestions!!! You are all just ignorant!!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards