Snarky Brides
Options

Weekend Plans

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Any horror stories? Mine was pretty good. We were able to take home leftovers which is pretty sweet.  : )  I saw "Love and Other Drugs" on Wednesday night. Whoa, there's a lot of bangin in that movie.

Tomorrow I'm doing some more dress shopping and possibly putting up the Christmas tree. Too soon? I think Anna would say most definitely not.

Random fact: I have a pimple on the egde of my lip that looks like a herpes sore. Very sexy.

What have you all planned for the weekend? Anything exciting going on? Anyone else planning on putting up their tree or doing shopping?

Re: Weekend Plans

• Options
    I spend this afternoon baking sugar cookies, and I'm just now taking a break from 'canning' my homemade chai mix.  mmm. I decided to forgo the present buying this year for friends and just bake instead. :)

Fun fact- I have a pimple that I can feel coming through and it hurts so bad.  I hate when I get those, and it's right smack dab in the middle of my cheek. Weird.
  • Options
    Had a great Thanksgiving; hit both families, so that was a hell of a lot of food.

Tonight I'm going to a punk garage rock show, a band called The Gories, because my aunt is the drummer. Lol.

And tomorrow I'm going to another concert, in some weird tiny theater in the suburbs, for a friend of mine in a band that just got signed for a record deal. He's a drummer too. I guess the drummers are drawn into my life.

P.S. Oh my God, I have a pimple forming on the edge of my lip too! I used to get these suckers in high school; I am not a fan. Scrub it with Stridex pads.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I actually just got out our Christmas decorations.  This post is my break after dragging the tree downstairs.  :)

Normally we wouldn't put them up this early, but we hosted Thanksgiving so our house is all clean.  I want to get Christmas themed clutter up before everyday clutter takes over again.  

There is a dog bed and a book case in our tree spot this year, so we need to figure out where to put it!
  • Options
    I just got back from North Carolina. It was a long ass drive and I'm exhausted. Great trip, just tiring. I'm uploading some pics to Facebook then I'm off for the night to spend time with H and Sir Whisky. I missed them!

This weekend is busy. Tomorrow is H's birthday so I'm baking him a cake. I also am putting up the Christmas tree and cleaning. Lots to do.
  • Options
    I'm really concerned about how many of us are breaking out today, haha.

Steph - I like that idea of baking instead if doing gifts. Usually for friends it's small things like picture frames or $15 gift cards but every bit saved counts at this point.

And Kim - I have stuff in the Christmas tree spot too. And in our 1 bdrm apartment, I'm really not sure what the hell to do with it now.
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Sesh, what kind of cake? My fiance only wants Funfetti. Ever. I have no creative license when baking for him.

Also, why did all the threads die simultaneously?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b8f458-7b6d-4b5f-9b43-aad76927e30aPost:ab60618f-cd67-4557-8b4e-891bddff6321">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really concerned about how many of us are breaking out today, haha. Steph - I like that idea of baking instead if doing gifts. Usually for friends it's small things like picture frames or $15 gift cards but every bit saved counts at this point. And <strong>Kim - I have stuff in the Christmas tree spot too. And in our 1 bdrm apartment, I'm really not sure what the hell to do with it now.</strong>
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The only spot I can think of is under our stairs, which would be cute from the outside since it would be next to our biggest window, but not so cute that it would be next to the litter box.  We would have to move a shelving unit but it would be much easier to move than the book case.</div><div>
    </div><div>oooorrrrr we could move the dining table and shove the tree in the corner but I don't like that either.  Damnit!
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div></div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b8f458-7b6d-4b5f-9b43-aad76927e30aPost:0afd3b19-3ee1-4165-a354-cb6ea969c1f6">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, what kind of cake? My fiance only wants Funfetti. Ever. I have no creative license when baking for him. Also, why did all the threads die simultaneously?
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

French vanilla with buttercream frosting and those colored sugar granule things. It's in the shape of a butterfly because I got a new cake pan for my birthday and want to test it out. H will eat anything I put in front of him.
  • Options
    Sounds fab. Happy birthday to your H :)

• Options
    I'm going to sleep starting as soon as I get home.  Probably be lazy the entire weekend. I might set up Christmas decorations.  We really don't have the room for much.

Random Fact- Toothpaste dries out pimples.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b8f458-7b6d-4b5f-9b43-aad76927e30aPost:ae34f055-fe0a-4654-8756-02880f3f1a44">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans : French vanilla with buttercream frosting and those colored sugar granule things. It's in the shape of a butterfly because I got a new cake pan for my birthday and want to test it out. <strong>H will eat anything I put in front of him.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Isn't that nice?  J is that way too.  It's nice for making dinner, but then again he refuses to give me any direction... "whatever you want."</div><div>
    </div><div>Happy Birthday, Seth!</div>
  • Options
    Afternoon, ladies! I went shopping today and did a pretty good bit of damage to the bank account. But, 80% of J's presents are bought. Before this morning, he had nothing. As soon as I got home I pulled out every Christmas thing I own. I just finished decorating around my front door. I also put a bow on my mailbox and moved by garden flag behind the mailbox because I got a super cute candy cane flag for it. Now I'm cooking me something to eat and about to drink a beer.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    Thanksgiving was good, no horror stories. 

FI has to work and is on call all weekend, so nothing too fun for us.  He has Monday off, so we might try to get to a movie if we can go before their corporate office is closed.  Otherwise there's no point because if he gets a call he'd have to leave in the middle of the movie. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b8f458-7b6d-4b5f-9b43-aad76927e30aPost:10d4d8b3-f63f-4177-9603-3ab080149038">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans : The only spot I can think of is under our stairs, which would be cute from the outside since it would be next to our biggest window, but not so cute that it would be next to the litter box.  We would have to move a shelving unit but it would be much easier to move than the book case. oooorrrrr we could move the dining table and shove the tree in the corner but I don't like that either.  Damnit!
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Whoa. You have some decisions to make! Do you have a big full sized tree? Our fake one is technically about 6 ft tall but since it's skinny and pathetic like Charlie Brown's tree it shouldn't be too hard to fit it someplace.
  • Options
    Happy B-day Mr. Sesh. And welcome back lady.

For all of you with your pimples, I have one on my upper lip, and my lower has a fever blister. So consider yourself lucky. I cant even kiss my DH, we do the cheek to cheek kiss.
    Nothing this weekend, I cleaned the house yesterday so I have nothing to do, yay!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b8f458-7b6d-4b5f-9b43-aad76927e30aPost:a554630f-04ef-43bc-9689-c0306aceaa7c">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to sleep starting as soon as I get home.  Probably be lazy the entire weekend. I might set up Christmas decorations.  We really don't have the room for much. Random Fact- Toothpaste dries out pimples.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if I put in on my lip I'll probably keep licking it off.   : )
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b8f458-7b6d-4b5f-9b43-aad76927e30aPost:6b8d02b2-eaa3-4c39-9f24-61cc962eef67">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans : Whoa. You have some decisions to make! Do you have a big full sized tree? Our fake one is technically about 6 ft tall but since it's skinny and pathetic like Charlie Brown's tree it shouldn't be too hard to fit it someplace.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, ours is a 6 foot one too.  Not too big but the tree skirt is kind of big and I like it to be all stretched out and beautiful in all its red, fuzzy glory.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards