Snarky Brides
Options

Quick help from the SB lovely ladies

I invited Aaron to the wedding without asking you.  IS that ok? 

** email from sister on her loser BF that nobody can stand causes drama and is NOT welcome into our family
(weddings at family members home).**

Problem I have a hard time telling someone No especially my own sister. You ladies are the best at giving great responses so w/o further hesitation please let me know what ya'll think my response should be... This will be fun!!

Also, hope you ladies are having a wonderful day!! Thank you for the help!

Photobucket

Re: Quick help from the SB lovely ladies

• Options
    Your sister should be able to bring her boyfriend to your wedding, even if he is a massive doucher.

I am certain that at most weddings, there will be a guest that the bride (or even the couple) doesn't like.  But I am also certain that you won't even notice he's there.
    panther
  • Options
    She gets to have her signficant other with her beause they're a social unit.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    If you refuse to allow your sister's boyfriend to come to your wedding you will alienate your sister.  She'll probably see it as you saying to her "It's me or the BF," and you won't win.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Well I will kind of bring some background... I don't necessarily have a problem but my stepfather ( her dad) will be pissed and the wedding is at his home, called mom and she is pissed I suggested just letting him come and let him be uncomfortable but he has stolen from us multiple times, stolen from my sister and as well loves the drugs. Should I just tell them let him come because I do not mind I will not be paying attention probably but that's a little more detail.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Well, if her dad is the one with the problem, then I guess you should let him handle it.  But I agree, it's kind of a diick move to not let him come. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Technically, he should have been invited. Social unit, and all. However, in my opinion, I think your non-invite might be justified.

If you have a problem saying no, have your Dad do it. It's his house after all.
    imageimage
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    As someone who dated a guy that NOBODY in my family liked I can see where your sister is coming from with wanting him there (he is her SO and as such should get the invite) as well as the reason you are weary of it(Family drama and what-not). It's not going to hurt to have one extra person there. You will most certainly alienate your sister if you do this, if you are close with her I am sure she already is aware that you dis-like her BFand doesn't need to be reminded yet again. I am also sure your family will not cause drama with him on your wedding day, if they even notice he is there at all. You need to respect your sisters choice in SO even if he's not someone you would choose for her.

Edit: I was typing before the thing about stealing and drugs was mentioned, I still say allow him to come but be sure your sister knows to keep him in line.
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn't let someone in my house who had stolen from me or my family members. But considering it's for a wedding, I don't know, it's a stickier situation. Your sister should get a date whether you like the guy or not, and it's rude to tell her she can't bring him. But since it's not your home or a more public venue, I don't know. I would let your stepdad handle it.
  • Options
    SO or not I would never invite someone who has a proven track record of stealing from my family. This sounds like a situation your step dad needs to handle, let him call your sister!
  • Options
    I know thats the problem I love my sister but this man I cant even keep my purse around him without being a little nervous, I DO agree that she should be able to bring a date but he is her poison and when I had sent the invites, he was IN JAIL... Hmph is a sticky situation BOO DRAMA!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-sb-lovely-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:48e693ba-0c5d-45e5-b48a-630648893818Post:9be0a05c-501d-4454-a1a7-76f50f2aa2c7">Re: Quick help from the SB lovely ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know thats the problem I love my sister but this man I cant even keep my purse around him without being a little nervous, I DO agree that she should be able to bring a date but he is her poison and when I had sent the invites, he was IN JAIL... Hmph is a sticky situation BOO DRAMA!!
    Posted by brhinkle[/QUOTE]

Yikes, the more I hear the more I want to say not to let him anywhere near your famiy's house. I think I'm going to have to re-tract my previous statement and say tough love for your sister and he isn't allowed on property, I mean jail and drugs, and you're uncomfortable even leaving your purse around him is a clear indication that he's a wicked shady character. Good luck and I hope it all turns out for you.
  • Options
    Given the newer information regarding stealing and drugs, I'd tell your step dad that she invited her BF and let him handle it.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thank you LADIES the support and suggestions.

I definatly do not want my sister upset but my stepfather will have to handle this little problem.

Thanks Again!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ** read all the respones to mother, she said " Hell can i go to these ladies when I have a problem?"

She was "tickled" about it all, and she said those girls are right I will be talking to -step-dad- about this.

Woo hoo problem solved!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards