Who has the most christmases to go to?

I have 6

1. My parents FI and I tomorrow night

2. My dads side of the family morning of christmas eve

3. My FI's moms side of the family christmas eve night

4. FI's dads house christmas morning

5. FI's Moms house christmas night

6. My moms side day after christmas

Re: Who has the most christmases to go to?

• Options
    Just one, and I think that is all I can handle.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_christmases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:491cc658-db9c-4df3-b828-2706e8e4443fPost:4a217d98-3827-4d9d-ab3b-5c197219d53c">Re: Who has the most christmases to go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are we only counting family?
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Good Question!

4 family, including the one I'm hosting
    12 other houses in a 3 day span
  • Options
    Nope all Christmases including Big awesome ones like roxy's.
  • Options
    I hope you have comfortable shoes for all that traveling A.O
  • Options
    Anna wins all Christmas contests. You should know that first thing. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_christmases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:491cc658-db9c-4df3-b828-2706e8e4443fPost:03392198-076c-4167-b080-764317d81b1c">Re: Who has the most christmases to go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna wins all Christmas contests. You should know that first thing. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

It's true.  And i will be having at least a cookie and some pie at each Christmas stop.  I'll have to check my sugar levels and that's horrible, i know, but SO worth it.

Christmas open houses- best invention EVER
  • Options
    NOW I do,

*Champagne: cheer up! maybe one of his annoying relatives will do something super embarrasing and will create a joyus christmas memory for years to come!
  • Options
    Just one this year (my mom's side), however scheduling it didn't come without drama and hurt feelings. My cousin's baby-daddy's family expected them to be with them Christmas night after our side of the family made plans. Cue Grandpa spatting off passive aggressive e-mail and everyone going into a tizzy. Alcohol, please!

Next year I will have my usual two plus one:
    Dad's side
    Mom's side
    FI's Parents
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_christmases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:491cc658-db9c-4df3-b828-2706e8e4443fPost:9cf4bf85-4d99-4ca1-a84b-2f056be0f878">Re: Who has the most christmases to go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two and I'm not really looking forward to it. Mr. S's side of the family is so uptight; it's gonna be one helluva boring Christmas day.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

the heck with them.  drive my way.  You can join my Christmas party train  ;)  I may even provide you with a jingly pair of new christmas socks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_christmases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:491cc658-db9c-4df3-b828-2706e8e4443fPost:d8062b20-7f3e-4253-bb97-becf006f6304">Re: Who has the most christmases to go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]anna did you make that cake in your siggy?
    Posted by twopeasinapod[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't have a talent for fondant.  It's my christmas cqake that i picked up from the new baker in town.  it's going to be a struggle to not cut into it until Christmas eve day.
  • Options
    Let's see:

Christmas Dinner with Church Small Group - done already
    Annual Girls X-mas Dinner - done already
    ILs Annual Family X-mas Party with their best friends - done already
    Christmas Dinner with my whole family - tomorrow night
    Christmas Eve Dinner with my family (minus one brother and his GF) - 24th
    Christmas Dinner with ILs (minus one sister and brother in law) - 25th
    Christmas Dinner with ILs (whole family) - 26th 
    Christmas Brunch with MILs family - 27th
    Christmas Dinner with ILs and BILs Family - 28th
    Christmas Dinner with DHs friends - 29th

So that brings my totals to 7 family affairs and three with friends. Two at restaurants, one was apps only, one is pot luck, the rest are regular. 
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I had one more but it had to be postponed til January because of scheduling conflicts! Ha, imagine that, scheduling conflicts!

(also, I count my TK GTG in January and a Christmas Party so I should add that one to the list).
  • Options
    Well, I had a work Christmas party and a Christmas slumber party with coworker friends and My grandparents came over and gave me gifts. I don't think they counted though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_christmases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:491cc658-db9c-4df3-b828-2706e8e4443fPost:de6dd890-99e1-4785-a9fc-6d4cb79da339">Re: Who has the most christmases to go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I had a work Christmas party and a Christmas slumber party with coworker friends and My grandparents came over and gave me gifts. I don't think they counted though.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG! Christmas SLUMBER PARTY? That is awesome!</div><div>
    </div><div>We each had staff parties too but I didn't count those...I go for a little while then bail after the food is served. I am only in it for the food (I love SOME of my coworkers, like the ones who came to the wedding, but I see them outside of work, the rest I have little to no interest in and our party coincided with dinner at the ILs...I would rather be there!)</div>
  • Options
    Hmmm, like 8?

1. Work was the 11th
    2.  Best Friends were the 18th
    3. Roommates were last night
    4. FI's Mom's side Christmas Eve
    5. My Mom and Dad's Christmas Day
    6. FI's parents the 26th
    7. FI's Dad's side Jan 8th

Still undecided when T and I are going to do "just us"
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The slumber party was pretttty awesome. We played "shots and ladders" it was very easy to lose track of where you were in the game and therefor drink more...
  • Options
    4?

Work department lunch - catered in
    J's family's Christmas Eve - presents and pizza. The usual.
    Fly to my parents on Christmas Day - assume we'll do something there.
    The 4 of us fly to my brother's family's home for the week and more Christmas.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Just family ones?

1. H and I
    2. H's step mom and family
    3. H's dad and brother
    4. H's dad's family
    5. H's mom
    6. My dad's family
    7. My dad and step siblings and siblings
    8. My mom and siblings
    9. My step dad's family

ugh. I'm exhausted just thinking of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    1. just us 12/16
    2. his extended family 12/19
    3. his immediate family 12/20
    4. candlelight service at my church (is this separate? I count it separately) 12/24
    5. my extended family part 1 (maternal grandfather's family) 12/24
    6. Christmas morning with my parents 12/25
    7. brunch with my maternal grandparents/aunt/uncle/cousins 12/25
    8. dinner with my paternal grandparents/uncle/aunt/cousin 12/25
    9. my extended family part 2 (paternal grandfather's family) 12/26
    10. hanging with different sets of friends 12/26-29

And that's not counting two extended family get-togethers we were unable to attend.
  • Options
    I've been invited to about eight or nine I think.  FI is on call at the hospital christmas eve and day so all my friends feel sorry for me for having to 'spend christmas alone' so the invites to go elsewhere are just rolling in.  I work so much that a day off and not having to do anything is pretty nice so I'm just telling them all I've already agreed to go elsewhere but plan to just sit around on the counch watching A Christmas Story and hopefully some bowl games if any are on.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I have 3. My dad's on Christmas Eve, then mom's and grandparents' Christmas day, same as every year. We had my other grandparents' last weekend.
  • Options
    Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here at home with my daughters.  Sunday lunch with DH's son and daughter. That is all.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Not counting friends, we usually have about 5.  We usually head out to IN to see both of FI's families (mom/stepdad and dad/stepmom+stepmom's family) and then see my mom, then my dad and grandmother, and then my aunt/cousin/nephew.  It's overwhelming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards