Snarky Brides
Options

I need help

Getting through the next two hours. I'm in class and I loathe my teacher. She's reading out of a text book that she wrote herself and that's "teaching." HALP.
Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince

Re: I need help

• Options
    Ugh. I had a Chemistry teacher who'd do that. He was hot though, so it wasn't that bad.
  • Options
    I have a class this weekend that has a professor like that.. It's a 9 hour class both Saturday and Sunday.  She spends the entire time trying to sell her books to us.
  • Options
    I can help, but only if you have a blowdryer, 4 bobby pins, a straight razor, 11 small pieces of tinfoil and an old motor.
  • Options
    I could probably deal with it if it were a hot guy. Instead I get 65 year old lady. Boo.
  • Options
    Hmmm. We need a fun thread time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:d278d11b-1235-49df-a536-1392ae71c212">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can help, but only if you have a blowdryer, 4 bobby pins, a straight razor, 11 small pieces of tinfoil and an old motor.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    I don't have an old motor, but I do have a red squirrel that I picked up in the quad. He's in my backpack. Will that work?

And Barrell, you win. I'd die if I had to do this for 9 hours.
  • Options
    Oh wow! Funny cause my students LOVE for me to read to them. LOL! But, I guess the fact that I am reading a very good book named "Among the Hidden" to them right now.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    There are so many things I hate about that.  I hate when profs use their own books they wrote.  I hate when they read to you out of a text or off a PPT.  Dude, I'm perfectly capable of reading all by myself.  Promise.  They let me into college for a reason.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:8f897f1d-f9dc-415d-88de-c6bc900267dd">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are so many things I hate about that.  I hate when profs use their own books they wrote.  I hate when they read to you out of a text or off a PPT.  Dude, I'm perfectly capable of reading all by myself.  Promise.  They let me into college for a reason.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. This woman wastes hours of my time every week doing something I'm perfectly capable of doing on my own.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:5a491120-516f-48b3-aa78-f479372459d0">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need help : I don't have an old motor, but I do have a red squirrel that I picked up in the quad. He's in my backpack. Will that work?Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

It depends. How many languages can the squirrel speak? Is he double jointed? Is his name Fat Timmy?
  • Options
    Ugh.

I had a religious studies teacher in college who expected us to write our final paper using only one source: his book.  :eyeroll:  This is the same teacher who started the first class by announcing that there is no such thing as an atheist. 

Thank God (irony intended) for free drop/add periods.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:fc98e862-e2dd-4f81-95d9-cf97ac0fbada">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. I had a religious studies teacher in college who expected us to write our final paper using only one source: his book.  :eyeroll:  This is the same teacher who started the first class by announcing that there is <strong>no such thing as an atheist</strong>.  Thank God (irony intended) for free drop/add periods.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

<div>Dare I ask what his "logic" behind that statement was?</div>
  • Options
    YOU'RE IN LEAGUE WITH THE SQUIRREL IN MY BACKPACK, YOU COMMIE.

And Celles, can you recall his, what I'm sure was brilliant, substantiation for the claim that there are no atheists?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:5a491120-516f-48b3-aa78-f479372459d0">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need help : I don't have an old motor, but I do have a red squirrel that I picked up in the quad. He's in my backpack. Will that work? And <strong>Barrell, you win. I'd die if I had to do this for 9 hours.
    </strong>Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Ya it's painful.  I'm not looking forward to going back this weekend.
  • Options
    Atheists are all just Christians waiting to happen, of course! 

This was supposed to be a secular course on the New Testament.  In a state school.  *facepalm*
  • Options
    Any should start another one of her multiple choice games.  That would make the time fly by.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:fc98e862-e2dd-4f81-95d9-cf97ac0fbada">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. <strong>I had a religious studies teacher in college who expected us to write our final paper using only one source: his book.  :eyeroll:</strong>  This is the same teacher who started the first class by announcing that there is no such thing as an atheist.  Thank God (irony intended) for free drop/add periods.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

So...he wanted you to summarize his book?  Sounds like an excellent way to make sure you read his masterpiece.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    No. No. Seriously?! Atheists just haven't been converted yet? That's rich.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:3e9c0733-88be-4328-9783-137cf4fa43d1">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Atheists are all just Christians waiting to happen, of course!  This was supposed to be a secular course on the New Testament.  In a state school.  *facepalm*
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd walk right out at that point. </div>
  • Options

My educational law prof did this. She didn't write the textbook, though. I could see what she'd highlighted some days, and I knew exactly how much more material we were going to cover.
    She also delivered it in a monotone voice. Oy. Worst.class.ever. Nice lady, though.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_need-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:49570ba1-e558-4f3f-9b60-520fc2ab662cPost:00a33e98-d16e-496c-b012-2373e4e10e5f">Re: I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I could probably deal with it if it were a hot guy. Instead I get 65 year old lady. Boo.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Does this woman teach PR?? She sounds exactly like an old professor of mine who was a genious in the field but a horrible professor. She wrote the books but refused to teach and of course she gave out ridiculously hard tests. I only made an A in her class because I did 40 (yes, 40) extra credit assignments which took me half the semester to figure out how to do. She retired the year I graduated, I almost missed her! Dangit!
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Reminds me of an individual income tax class I had.  7:30 to 10 pm.  She would read her powerpoint presentation to us.  And we couldn't ditch at the break because she had a quiz at the end of every.single.class.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have a great funny picture of Max, but it's hard as hell to download from my phone here at home. When we picked him up at the hotel/day camp Monday, of course we found out he'd bitten his own tongue (already knew that because they called us), and he refused to lie down, but instead fell asleep sitting up, nose hitting the seat.

Silly fool.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards