Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Veils

I have a couple of questions:1. If you got your veil online, what site did you get it from?2. What is the difference in a "Chapel" length and "Cathedral" length veil?  If I want it to go out over my train, which one should I get?Thanks!!

Re: Veils

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Chapel length is shorter than Cathedral. If your train is a chapel length gown, and you want your veil to go past your train, then I'd do cathedral. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest not getting your veil online, you can get a veil for around $20 at a consignment shop or on craigslist for way cheaper if you are looking for a bargain and you don't have to pay shipping! I got mine at Alfred Angelo for $30 along with everything else for my dress. The veil matches my dress perfectly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about that....Mandy got her chapel length veil off of ebay from Veils by Lana and I'm pretty sure she didn't pay too much for it..like maybe $20-$30 total.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my chapel length veil on ebay from Veils by Leslie V. It was a simple diamond white cut edge veil and I have absolutely no complaints about it. One thing to look at when you are buying a veil on ebay is the width. Mine was 72" long and 108" wide. I wanted the wide width so that it looked full and not puny. Some sellers sell really narrow ones that may or may not give you the look you are going for. I paid $28.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my cathedral veil on ebay for $24 (and that included the shipping) It is the bridal illusion which is soft. I did buy one that went with my first dress that wasn't bridal illusion and it ws stiff and yucky. Thanks to Mariah, she had to help me on which length also.  I got a cathedral to go with my chapel length train. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahh, I got mine from veilsbylesliev also!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Almoyo - how did you get one that was 108" wide?  I looked for one on her ebay site and her website but they were all only 72" wide. Thanks!
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I see what you mean... Maybe she can't get her hands on that width anymore?? I don't know. I think I would try to email the seller and see if they can do it, or if they have some somewhere...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards